Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bizzaro Incident? Prayers for the family!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizzaro Incident? Prayers for the family!

I'll keep my opinions to myself. Prayers for the family.

Comment

Retarded! America's finest :-/

Comment

I've been there.

Lord God in Heaven, Please comfort this family in their hour of need. Only You Lord can heal their hearts. I pray that they will open their hearts to You Lord. I hope their grieving will be brief and healing can begin. Bathe them Lord in Your peace and loving kindness. I pray Lord that Austin knew You and is in Your arms now and his pain and suffering is done. In the powerful healing name of Jesus My Savior I pray, Amen.

Oscar this one dug up some old hurts for me.

Comment

While I do pray for the family and feel for them, I don't feel you can blame this on the police. Could it have been handled differently? Sure. It's still not their fault that this kid did this to himself. He decided to put himself in this situation. No one made him do anything.

Comment

The lesson here is you never call the police for "help" with someone you care about. If you are worried about the mental health of a loved one, get them to people who are trained to resolve those situations. Thats not the police.

Comment

Grrrrrr............

Comment

People who are suicidal, really suicidal, will find a way. That said, there was absolutely no reason for a swat team IMO. How is surrounding a house (with a swat team) that may contain a suicidal person a good idea ? Where in hell are those tactics taught ? SMH here...

Comment

Lots of questions remain after reading that report........

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                    The lesson here is you never call the police for "help" with someone you care about. If you are worried about the mental health of a loved one, get them to people who are trained to resolve those situations. Thats not the police.
                    This is good advice. No telling how much of the information we didn't get from the article. Drugs, depression issues, threats made etc. One thing is for sure if it's a mental health issue and other folks are not in danger call a mental health professional not a cop.

Comment

As a society we need to figure out how we proceed from here concerning mental health issues. Law enforcement are not mental health professionals and it is unfair to use them as such. I have read that some agencies are no longer responding to mental health calls.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                        As a society we need to figure out how we proceed from here concerning mental health issues. Law enforcement are not mental health professionals and it is unfair to use them as such. I have read that some agencies are no longer responding to mental health calls.
                        This is exactly right. We deal with it all the time. Suicidal people are taken by police to a hospital for evaluation, then if they fit the criteria they are taken to a mental health facility. 9 times out of 10 they're out in 24-72 hours, and the problems start all over, and then law enforcement is dealing with them again.

And a lot of agencies are discussing no longer responding to suicidal person calls, but I don't personally know of any that have actually stopped yet. But it makes sense. Sometimes the sight of law enforcement just escalates the situation, or gives them the chance to commit suicide by cop. There's no easy answer, but forcing law enforcement to basically play doctor/therapist has been the wrong answer for years now. Something needs to be done differently for sure.

Comment

Charlie, I can only imagine.[emoji20]
                          Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                          Lots of questions remain after reading that report........
                          Truth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

If they had left him alone and left the house would his parents and himself still been alive today. Deranged individual and no one knows what would have happened. Very sad story and his parents and extended family are the ones left to ponder "what if?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                              If they had left him alone and left the house would his parents and himself still been alive today. Deranged individual and no one knows what would have happened. Very sad story and his parents and extended family are the ones left to ponder "what if?"
                              No. I'm pretty sure his parents are left saying "if only".

Comment

Working...
                              X