The beginnings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The beginnings?

1 down for the party of corruption... More to come I hope.

Federal authorities arrested a Democrat Texas state judge after a series of raids on his courtroom and his home.
    Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 02-04-2018, 08:49 PM.

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
    1 down for the party of corruption... More to come I hope.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/...-texas-border/

Looks like he might miss that reelection bid...

Comment

Just another day in the Rio Grande Valley...love it down here. It's almost like being in the United States!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        Just another day in the Rio Grande Valley...love it down here. It's almost like being in the United States!!
        Yea from what I hear its really bad down there.. What a shame..

Comment

What are the obvious differences?

Comment

It's home, but the border influences & her unique history is what it is...honestly, Deeps South Tx / Border country along the rio grande is different than the rest of the state, the same way far north Mexico / Border country is a little different than the interior of Mex. I'm talking mostly the blending of cultures along with the negative influences the narcotics & illegal trades bring to the area. NOT all are bad & actually wouldn't change certain aspects for all the $$$$ in the world, but you would have to have lived here to understand & I cannot explain it without writing a book I reckon.

I'm not sure what this cat did & will try to catch the local news as this is a pretty big deal & suspect major bribery obviously...let me put this way. We have had multiple Sheriffs from multiple counties end up in Federal Prison. This is the only place in the US where you spend $1mm dollars in election money for a position that pays $150k. Same could be said for district attny & county judge, etc. I bet you didn't know that basically the entire police force & city commission was taken down in Sullivan City some time ago. Hard to imagine it just so happens to be an area where they did not allow a wall because the wildlife corridor was too important??

This particular arrest & district represented is very interesting & do hope we get the rest of the story...remember, the media blackout is alive and well in deep south tx, just like it is in Mexico. The muscle down here doesn't like bad press as it is bad for biz & we are still one of the top 5 fastest growing areas in the nation. Getting too big for me really. If anything comes up off the radar, I'll follow up.

Comment

It's home, but the border influences & her unique history is what it is...honestly, Deeps South Tx / Border country along the rio grande is different than the rest of the state, the same way far north Mexico / Border country is a little different than the interior of Mex. I'm talking mostly the blending of cultures along with the negative influences the narcotics & illegal trades bring to the area. NOT all are bad & actually wouldn't change certain aspects for all the $$$$ in the world, but you would have to have lived here to understand & I cannot explain it without writing a book I reckon.

I'm not sure what this cat did & will try to catch the local news as this is a pretty big deal & suspect major bribery obviously...let me put this way. We have had multiple Sheriffs from multiple counties end up in Federal Prison. This is the only place in the US where you spend $1mm dollars in election money for a position that pays $150k. Same could be said for district attny & county judge, etc. I bet you didn't know that basically the entire police force & city commission was taken down in Sullivan City some time ago. Hard to imagine it just so happens to be an area where they did not allow a wall because the wildlife corridor was too important??

This particular arrest & district represented is very interesting & do hope we get the rest of the story...remember, the media blackout is alive and well in deep south tx, just like it is in Mexico. The muscle down here doesn't like bad press as it is bad for biz & we are still one of the top 5 fastest growing areas in the nation. Getting too big for me really. If anything comes up off the radar, I'll follow up.
              South Texas and border communities are different. The corruption is unheard of. Unique culture but it's not all roses and sunshine

Comment

And apparently even going north up the river, it all changes again... The culture around Del Rio/Acuna is big industrial country for both sides of the river... that and the Air Force Base I guess is why it's different that the area from about Eagle Pass down to Laredo... NAFTA really made Acuna explode in size... and because of that, Del Rio grew a bunch too... The gubment grants during the Bush administration allowed the BP/DPS and other local law enforcement agencies to make the Del Rio sector a "Zero Tolerance Zone"... border crossings went from thousands/week to a few a month... Almost no issues with illegal crossings... didn't need a wall to do it either...

IF the wall is ever built and the additional resources put in to patrol and enforce it, the wall will be completely porous... If you're gonna have all those resources and people to patrol the wall, you don't need the dang wall... That's the one thing I am totally against that Trump is pushing... Don't disagree there's probably a need for a barrier/wall in some areas along the border, but it sure is not needed along the Rio Grande... We have the know-how and resources right now to shut that part of the border down...

OK, Rant over...

Comment

Saltwater, if we have the know how and resources, how come we have nearly 2 million illegals?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    And apparently even going north up the river, it all changes again... The culture around Del Rio/Acuna is big industrial country for both sides of the river... that and the Air Force Base I guess is why it's different that the area from about Eagle Pass down to Laredo... NAFTA really made Acuna explode in size... and because of that, Del Rio grew a bunch too... The gubment grants during the Bush administration allowed the BP/DPS and other local law enforcement agencies to make the Del Rio sector a "Zero Tolerance Zone"... border crossings went from thousands/week to a few a month... Almost no issues with illegal crossings... didn't need a wall to do it either...

IF the wall is ever built and the additional resources put in to patrol and enforce it, the wall will be completely porous... If you're gonna have all those resources and people to patrol the wall, you don't need the dang wall... That's the one thing I am totally against that Trump is pushing... Don't disagree there's probably a need for a barrier/wall in some areas along the border, but it sure is not needed along the Rio Grande... We have the know-how and resources right now to shut that part of the border down...

OK, Rant over...
                    I am not for that wall either, it aint gonna do nothing but cost us money. The gubment can control the borders if they really wanted to, with todays surveillance equipment and drones, but them folk in the gubment are much smarter.

You know 80% customers are of Hispanic descent, and once in a while the conversation turns toward the "wall". It actually makes me feel awkward to talk about it, because I dont want it and some of them get mad at me.

One guy even told me he voted for old pelo naranja. I told him I did too, but I aint gotta like him
                    Last edited by Radar; 02-05-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      Saltwater, if we have the know how and resources, how come we have nearly 2 million illegals?
                      Got a lot more than 2 million... Almost 2 million just "kids" that are now "dreamers"... Other estimates are over 11 to 20 million for total count...

If the WHOLE border were patrolled like the Del Rio Sector was during the Bush years, they would shut it down for all intensive purposes... Trouble is the Del Rio Sector only covered lake Amistad down to about Quemado... When the heat was on in that area, they just went somewhere else to cross... If there were no easy access points, there'd be much less... If there was a wall, without the same additional people and resources, crossings would not be less, but more... a wall isn't going to stop anyone by itself... but, a zero tolerance policy will stop many, many more crossings than a wall ever will. In an ideal world where we have unlimited resources, we could have both... but we don't have the money for both... I'll choose the enforced border without a big wall over a big wall alone...

When the effort was begun in the Del Rio Sector, Val Verde County built a whole new high security jail between town and the Air Force Base... It was similar to what Sheriff Arpaio did... It was/is a very intimidating looking facility that looks like a modern version of a concentration camp... during the enforcement period, if ANY illegal was caught crossing, they were prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law plus a complete background check was done on all of them and they were prosecuted for every other thing that could be found... Minimum sentence was 6 months in a cinder block room... The illegals soon learned they didn't want any of that...

I assure you it would work IF it were done from El Paso to Brownsville...

Comment

Enforce current immigration laws and crossing will decline. Since Trump was elected, crossings are already way down.

The wall will help keep crossings down if we ever get another President that won't enforce immigration laws.

I'm not a huge fan of the wall but say strike while the irons hot.

Comment

The wall will help, but tremendous expense...what we need is a complete overhaul on a path to citizenship to stop the big problem we have now.

Comment

The wall will help, but tremendous expense...what we need is a complete overhaul on a path to citizenship to stop the big problem we have now.
                            Yessir, and we need to remove the incentive for them to come here in the first place... I'm OK with cheap labor... there's a need for it, but the free entitlements, free stuff all needs to be brought to a squeaking halt... Merit based immigration would sure help. All that is part of "comprehensive immigration reform" that needs to happen... Trouble is, when that phrase is used both sides jump right to amnesty... Just get the amnesty out of it and do the rest of it...

If we don't do something, and quickly the invasion of our country will be complete and will destroy our nation... We cannot keep allowing millions and millions of people to flood into our country and paying for their welfare... We're broke now and sooner or later it's gonna be time to pay the piper... illegal immigration is just making that time approach at break-neck speed.

Comment

That and dual citizenship. I can't tell you how many people I worked with on land rigs with it that lived like kings in Mexico while enjoying a full time roughnecking job and full welfare benefits to boot. Pull up in a Denali while I was skimming diesel from the rig tanks to make it back home. Dang that crap used to **** me off.

Comment

Working...
                              X