TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   D-I-Y Projects (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Just a few more jobs and Iíll be rich! (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695289)

txpitdog 06-12-2018 09:31 PM

Just a few more jobs and Iíll be rich!

Got my very first paid welding job today. My buddy brought me a broken steering arm from his kidís go kart. Fixed it up for him good as new. Even though I offered to fix it for free, he insisted that he pay. So, in my first 6 months of learning to weld, I have earned 3 tacos and a coke, LOL.

hogslayer78 06-12-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpitdog (Post 13427102)
Got my very first paid welding job today. My buddy brought me a broken steering arm from his kidís go kart. Fixed it up for him good as new. Even though I offered to fix it for free, he insisted that he pay. So, in my first 6 months of learning to weld, I have earned 3 tacos and a coke, LOL.

;)bthat is a start. You have progressed a long way in 6 months! I have seen way worse my friend!

txpitdog 06-12-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogslayer78 (Post 13427106)
;)bthat is a start. You have progressed a long way in 6 months! I have seen way worse my friend!

Iím afraid Iíve used up your acetylene. Iíll get the bottle swapped for a full one and bring your torch back to you this weekend. Otherwise I may end up going through these bottles too!

As much as I have enjoyed learning welding and metalworking, playing with an oxy-acetylene torch is just freakin cool

hogslayer78 06-12-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpitdog (Post 13427129)
Iím afraid Iíve used up your acetylene. Iíll get the bottle swapped for a full one and bring your torch back to you this weekend. Otherwise I may end up going through these bottles too!

As much as I have enjoyed learning welding and metalworking, playing with an oxy-acetylene torch is just freakin cool

Lol. Dont worry about it buddy! I told you im in no hurry. I do it all day every day and try not to use it at home when at all possible lol! I know where it is if I need it.;)b

White Falcon 06-13-2018 11:34 AM

Now you will have a lot of new friends! Until you need to buy gas, or rods!!

Texas Grown 06-13-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpitdog (Post 13427102)

3 tacos and a coke will keep ya alive, for a little while, if ya earn them every day. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogslayer78 (Post 13427134)
Lol. Dont worry about it buddy! I told you im in no hurry. I do it all day every day and try not to use it at home when at all possible lol! I know where it is if I need it.;)b

I know what ya mean. ;)

RangerRick2012 06-21-2018 07:34 PM

If you think oxy-cetelene is cool. You should try jet arcing. I used to help tear apart burnt up electromagnets (10 ton) and rewind the coils. Jet arcing, what a rush!

Quackerbox 06-21-2018 08:33 PM

Yea, melting metal with fire is cool. I soldered new wires to the yard feeder motor today[emoji16]