Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A C repair gents

I need help.

Outside fan motor is going out. Anyone know of a parts warehouse in east Texas I can get one ?

3 ton unit.

Thanks

Do you have a service supply near by ?

Comment

That is not a cheap part

Comment

You know supply houses have to sell to home owners doing work on there own home....look on the side of the motor get horse power h/p ? And RPM speed 875/1075 and walk into a supply house and say "need a condenser fan motor this Hp and this rpm say its for my house and they by law have to sell it...you just can't walk in there and buy a motor for some ones else's house with intent to charge money...a motor should put you from 60$/100$ if worst comes to worst let me know what town your in and I can put one in will call at a supply house...I have accounts set up with most all major ones, insco,carrier,trane,ince,York...But try on your own first it works or order one online like everyone else does
        Last edited by Twztid; 05-06-2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

You can try Coburns in Lufkin.... 936-634-5539
          Ask for Cory

Comment

Johnstone Supply in Tyler.

Comment

Be careful they do have to sell to you but they will jack you up on price. I've seen homeowners pay 4 times the amount the part costs me.

Comment

Try this company. They are based in Tyler. Here is there web page so you can look up your motor once you get the info on it. It maybe be cheaper then going thru an a/c parts house as a home owner.

Comment

Thanks guys. I found one. Will put it in today. ALOT cheaper than calling in an AC repair man. Good thing is I spend about 20 k a year on heating and cooling thru my church. The warehouses are willing to help me out.

Comment

dont know if there is a grainger near you, they had a replacement for mine when it went out. just under $100, and replaced myself

Comment

Grainier has about any electric motor you could want. Match HP, RPM, and length, bolt pattern, shaft length.
                      Mine went out, and this is what I did. If I remember correctly, I had to cut the length of the shaft down. Just make sure you get shaft diameter right, and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                        Thanks guys. I found one. Will put it in today. ALOT cheaper than calling in an AC repair man. Good thing is I spend about 20 k a year on heating and cooling thru my church. The warehouses are willing to help me out.
                        Good deal. I was going to suggest Coburns as well.

This time of the year is not a good time to have AC problems.

Comment

Working...
                        X