TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2017 Ford Raptor (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=640145)

Mudslinger 03-29-2017 04:48 PM

2017 Ford Raptor
 
Sure want to trade my 2014 F150 SuperCrew 4x4 in on one of the new Raptors. According to all reports I have read, this is the Raptor to buy, BUT,

DANG are the EXPENSIVE!

Anyone on here bought one yet?

150class 03-29-2017 04:51 PM

Saw one yesterday and drooled a little

Landrover 03-29-2017 04:52 PM

Been in a couple over the years.....run like sports cars but waaaaay more than I wanna give for a truck! Have not seen the 17 model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

redleif 03-29-2017 05:00 PM

Priced one locally. They started at 20,000 over list and came down to $10,000 over list. That came to right at $80,000 plus TTL. No thanks. Ended up buying a 2017 King Ranch 5.0 v-eight. And it wasn't cheap either. I really like it. Has a lot of new gadgets my 2012 didn't have.

stickerpatch59 03-29-2017 05:06 PM

way too expensive IMO. and aren't they just a half ton?

Mudslinger 03-29-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 (Post 12316931)
way too expensive IMO. and aren't they just a half ton?

Yep, but with a ton of extras as far as drivetrain, tranny and suspension. They are built basically like a Baja race truck.

MarkV 03-29-2017 05:36 PM

Let me know if you decide to sell your 14. I will be in the market for a used f-150 in the near future.

Breezy 03-29-2017 05:39 PM

Buddy bought one a month ago. $75k.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perow 03-29-2017 05:41 PM

I think the raptor is a great truck but would never use it to all its abilities so I feel like I would be wasting my money but man they are sharp

Raider Power 03-29-2017 05:44 PM

I really want one, but if I spend $80,000 on something I better be able to live in it.

firemanjj82 03-29-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudslinger (Post 12316892)
Sure want to trade my 2014 F150 SuperCrew 4x4 in on one of the new Raptors. According to all reports I have read, this is the Raptor to buy, BUT,

DANG are the EXPENSIVE!

Anyone on here bought one yet?

I have a 2014 F150 4x4 as well. I plan to get rid of it and get the 2017 Raptor......in 2020.

ColinR 03-29-2017 05:55 PM

One of my guys just bought one and he loves it. He is a contract pipeline pig tracker so he uses it for almost its purpose daily. He is up and down our pipeline row and when we have a tool in the line getting stuck or not being able to make it is not an option. I will say it is one bad mo fo!

Pope & Yum 03-29-2017 06:05 PM

I built one on the ford website at 65k and didn't even come close to checking all the options. When it comes to half tons I am typically a Chevy guy but there is no competition for a Raptor.

12RingKing 03-29-2017 06:07 PM

Buddy at work is looking at one. He said dealerships are selling them 10-12k over list price. That's just crazy

Mudslinger 03-29-2017 06:18 PM

There is no way I pay over sticker for anything, PERIOD. this is probably a pipe dream, but you can always dream. Wife is retiring in 2 years so I need to reign in some spending. Just spent $16,000 on new windows for our home, but that was a very badly need up-grade.

Quiet a few of the new Raptors driving around Lubbock, but probably from the rich Tech kids Daddy's footing the bills! I saw 2 on my way home from school today!

TransPecos 03-29-2017 06:19 PM

The raptor forums say if you call around and are patient you can find one for MSRP.

Mudslinger 03-29-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TransPecos (Post 12317111)
The raptor forums say if you call around and are patient you can find one for MSRP.

Still to high for me! They don't deal, I don't buy!

topduarte 03-29-2017 06:41 PM

Why would u spend $75k on a ford truck????

JGRJ324 03-29-2017 06:49 PM

Friend of mine has one. Nice truck but not 80g nice! Sad thing is it will never leave the pavement, reason she bought it is because she liked the looks of it. Guess it pays to have $$$ to blow

Raider Power 03-29-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudslinger (Post 12317118)
Still to high for me! They don't deal, I don't buy!

Exactly

SneakyPhil 03-29-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGRJ324 (Post 12317206)
Friend of mine has one. Nice truck but not 80g nice! Sad thing is it will never leave the pavement, reason she bought it is because she liked the looks of it. Guess it pays to have $$$ to blow

Is she single?:D

stxhunter 03-29-2017 08:13 PM

Nice truck, great suspension, upgraded motor. If you are truly going to use it for off-road the suspension travel and off-road capabilities are tough to beat for the price.

With that being said, I wouldn't buy a 17' Raptor right now. This raptor is no longer an SVT special edition like the previous models, it's an add on just like the FX4 package. Eventually the price will come down and MSRP/ or prices below MSRP will become common place.

Wait for the excitement to die down and DONT PAY OVER MSRP!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kembry 03-29-2017 08:23 PM

What's the deal with their Shelby truck? I've got two members at our club with them.

lungbuster1985 03-29-2017 08:36 PM

With the redesigned high output EcoBoost and 10 speed transmission, I would consider waiting a year or 2 before pulling the trigger on one. Make sure they get the kinks ironed out, before dropping 60-80 grand. They sure do look awesome though. The grey color they had on display at the rodeo was sweet!

Rakkasan2187 03-29-2017 08:42 PM

I saw one yesterday and it was nice, had dual exhaust but sounded like one of those little cars with big mufflers. Just not right running a v6 in a pickup IMO.

CRM_95 03-29-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Power (Post 12317019)
I really want one, but if I spend $80,000 on something I better be able to live in it.

Well they are fairly roomy.

Peyton 03-29-2017 08:53 PM

I'm still happy with my '11 Raptor and I don't want to buy the first year of a redesign, so I'll wait until '18 to replace. Maybe they'll drop the $10g markup by then.

Artos 03-29-2017 09:14 PM

I won't do ADM either (additional dealer mark up) & it cost Ford...I went looking for my first sports car & was very intrigued by the GT350R but every dealer wanted $5k+ over sticker...told them I won't pay $0.01 over sticker, but would agree to sticker plus any and all incentives that applied to the mustang line. They rolled their eyes & I walked. This was several months ago & can tell you that they have not moved.

Glad I did as I ended up getting a better vehicle (IMO) at a fair price under sticker on a GM product...if you want a new Ford Raptor, you can get one at sticker but just have to find the right dealer with allocation, who doesn't gouge.

NEVER-NEVER pay over sticker for this type of vehicle...it is not limited production in the sense that they are only making x amount. Dealers are allocated Raptors based on their F150 sales.

My dealer only had 3 allocations for the ZL1 & allowed me to order as I wanted & still honored all incentives available...other dealers around the country were offering the same, while others were adding $5k-$20k over. Don't fall for it.

Mike D 03-29-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stxhunter (Post 12317463)
Nice truck, great suspension, upgraded motor. If you are truly going to use it for off-road the suspension travel and off-road capabilities are tough to beat for the price.

With that being said, I wouldn't buy a 17' Raptor right now. This raptor is no longer an SVT special edition like the previous models, it's an add on just like the FX4 package. Eventually the price will come down and MSRP/ or prices below MSRP will become common place.

Wait for the excitement to die down and DONT PAY OVER MSRP!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Where did you hear/see it's not an SVT vehicle?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stxhunter 03-29-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike D (Post 12317686)
Where did you hear/see it's not an SVT vehicle?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Seen it listed on f150forum and the fast lane truck like that. There was a build sheet or two on the f150forum that showed how the truck could be spec'd.

For anyone who's looking here's a list of the one's available in Texas.

http://www.raptorfinder.com/?Active=...nteriorAccent=

stxhunter 03-29-2017 10:41 PM

So after doing a bit more research this is what I found:

" Contrary to what some have said, the Gen 2 Raptor will not be "just another model" such as the Lariat, or Platinum trim. I'm not sure if that rumor was started by some to keep some of the prestige with the current model, but just because it now falls under Ford Performance, and not SVT, doesn't mean it will change the way it's viewed. Ford still has this as an allocated vehicle, but there is no production limit. "

Guess the guys over at F150forum were wrong.

Autonation Katy has a few on their lot, doesn't seem like they're moving like the originals.

SaltwaterSlick 03-30-2017 08:14 AM

I'd already have one if you could get the 6 1/2 foot bed on 'em... I will never own another one of those little peanut 5 1/2 foot bed things again. The 6's are bad enough.

BBRU 03-30-2017 08:58 AM

You can buy a standard f-150, and build your own version of raptor..... and I'm sure save a ton of money, of your warranty probably won't be there though.

Backwoods101 03-30-2017 09:02 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e221ae82dc.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZST_bowhunter 03-30-2017 09:13 AM

Have yall every looked at Fords military deal? They put a time line on veterans being able to use it, but allow people in DEP to use it?? People in DEP haven't even sworn in, I bet half of them don't even go into the military. I know like 10 guys I was in DEP with no showed on signing day..

MarkV 03-30-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwoods101 (Post 12318562)

I think the stock ones at $80k are crazy expensive. What's the price on this one? $125k?

LillDragun 03-30-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakkasan2187 (Post 12317538)
I saw one yesterday and it was nice, had dual exhaust but sounded like one of those little cars with big mufflers. Just not right running a v6 in a pickup IMO.

I don't mean to defend Ford. But, it's not just a V6, it's a twin turbo V-6 putting out more HP and TQ than the 2014 model with the 6.2L V8. I know, I know, there's not replacement for displacement.

Texastaxi 03-30-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudslinger (Post 12316935)
Yep, but with a ton of extras as far as drivetrain, tranny and suspension. They are built basically like a Baja race truck.

I didn't know you raced Baja trucks! ;)

99% of the people that buy the Raptors will NEVER use/benefit from those "extras".

NoTime 03-30-2017 09:43 AM

They are a great looking truck, but I just couldn't take a $80K truck bouncing thru all the rocks, mud, mesquite trees, and cactus. Just doesn't make a lot of sense??

DJM 03-30-2017 09:45 AM

They are built nothing like a "Baja" truck.


DJ

BBRU 03-30-2017 09:51 AM

They built as a prerunner truck, not meant to take whoops at 50+ mph or leap 15' in inthe air like the genius did on the YouTube video. I do honestly believe somebody could a more capable truck with the higher end suspension and aftermarket companies. Still very capable trucks though.

RogueSamurai 03-30-2017 09:57 AM

Major DB bait. Don't do it.

stxhunter 03-30-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBRU (Post 12318545)
You can buy a standard f-150, and build your own version of raptor..... and I'm sure save a ton of money, of your warranty probably won't be there though.

Many have tried and for the price can't come close. You need fiberglass fenders front and rear, long travel suspension, longer axels, different motor just to name a few.

Heres a kit ready to go for a mere $22.7k http://www.rogueracing.com/conversio...conversion-kit

Peyton 03-30-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueSamurai (Post 12318767)
Major DB bait. Don't do it.


[emoji34]
Whatever DB!

RogueSamurai 03-30-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton (Post 12318784)
[emoji34]
Whatever DB!

Do a profile demo of raptor drivers. Lots of flat billed caps and skinny jeans, Florida/Georgia line sings songs that these guys try to live. They would cry if they got a scratch on that pretty $80,000 truck.

Peyton 03-30-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueSamurai (Post 12318829)
Do a profile demo of raptor drivers. Lots of flat billed caps and skinny jeans, Florida/Georgia line sings songs that these guys try to live. They would cry if they got a scratch on that pretty $80,000 truck.



I don't own any of that **** and my truck has plenty of scratches, blood, and mud.

What do you drive, wear, and listen to? How many scratches does your truck have? Sure would hate to call you a DB, again.

RogueSamurai 03-30-2017 10:18 AM

Paid for Nissan Titan that has had triple digits of dead animals in it. Scratched and beat all to hell.

And listen to? Real Country and real rock.

Texastaxi 03-30-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueSamurai (Post 12318829)
Do a profile demo of raptor drivers. Lots of flat billed caps and skinny jeans, Florida/Georgia line sings songs that these guys try to live. They would cry if they got a scratch on that pretty $80,000 truck.

Where did you get this demo information? :rolleyes:

I only know a few Raptor owners, and none of them fit your "profile".

Throwin Darts 03-30-2017 10:20 AM

I'd like them more if they stopped writing "Raptor" all over the dang things.

MySRT8U 03-30-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueSamurai (Post 12318852)
Paid for Nissan Titan that has had triple digits of dead animals in it. Scratched and beat all to hell.

And listen to? Real Country and real rock.



I love how some people view their personal opinion as gospel


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com