TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photography (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   A few pics from South Texas this past week.... (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674390)

texashunter56 12-14-2017 11:57 AM

A few pics from South Texas this past week....
 
Went down to South Texas to do a little hunting. Also took my camera along and was glad I did. Had misty, rainy, snowy and clear weather all during the week. Here a few pics.

Kenner97 12-14-2017 11:58 AM

Wow. Awesome deer and Pics!!!

sierracharlie338 12-14-2017 03:44 PM

How the hell were you not dispensing lead or arrows?? Great photos by the way though.

What gear were you using?

Stout0811 12-14-2017 03:45 PM

Those are freaking awesome pictures!!!!

El Viejo 12-14-2017 05:42 PM

Where are the photos of some of those bucks hanging by their back legs?

Outback 12-14-2017 06:05 PM

Looks like you might be in need of my culling services. They are free and I will rid your ranch of some of those undesirable bucks! :)

bowsticker 12-14-2017 06:16 PM

Beautiful pictures....Thanks for sharing

WBT 12-14-2017 06:16 PM

Awesome deer.

texashunter56 12-14-2017 09:28 PM

Thanks everyone.

RockTippedStick 12-14-2017 09:41 PM

Wow! Nice pics. The one with the doe in front of him is about the most awesome buck I have ever seen. Might not be the biggest but a buck like that is what I dream of. The character and just his look.

HFDSwasta 12-14-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockTippedStick (Post 13015832)
Wow! Nice pics. The one with the doe in front of him is about the most awesome buck I have ever seen. Might not be the biggest but a buck like that is what I dream of. The character and just his look.

This^

Trinity Outfitters 12-14-2017 09:50 PM

Wow! Good thing you brought the camera!

texashunter56 12-14-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sierracharlie338 (Post 13014708)
How the hell were you not dispensing lead or arrows?? Great photos by the way though.

What gear were you using?

Sorry I missed your question earlier. I use a Canon 7D, Canon 100-400 4.0-5.6 IS zoom or Canon 500mm 4.0 IS and Manfrotto tripod with a Manfrotto 393 Gimbal style head. I was throwing lead this trip due to bad winds and sloppy roads, just not at any of these bucks I have pics of here.

texashunter56 12-14-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockTippedStick (Post 13015832)
Wow! Nice pics. The one with the doe in front of him is about the most awesome buck I have ever seen. Might not be the biggest but a buck like that is what I dream of. The character and just his look.

He was my favorite buck I saw on this trip with the very young 6x6 next in line. He more of a future prospect at this point but off to a great start. Here are some more pics of the clean 6x6.

texashunter56 12-14-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Viejo (Post 13015146)
Where are the photos of some of those bucks hanging by their back legs?

:D

T-roy66 12-14-2017 10:05 PM

Great pictures and some incredible bucks. Good hunting

J-DUB 12-14-2017 10:05 PM

Awesome Buck!!

coach_stew 12-15-2017 07:59 AM

great pics!

160class 12-15-2017 08:09 AM

Awesome pics and congrats!

Pic 3 buck might've gotten me to excited to pic the other one! Beautiful horns and is an old grey warrior!

texashunter56 12-15-2017 09:11 AM

Will add a few more from the trip.

Snacks 12-17-2017 01:01 PM

Awesome pictures!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Mathews 12-17-2017 01:11 PM

Awesome deer and pics. Thanks for sharing with us

Gunner97 12-17-2017 01:19 PM

Great pictures and awesome bucks.

ATX Tyler 12-18-2017 03:47 PM

Fantastic pics! Those bucks are insane. I'd love to take my 7DII and my 150-600mm Sigma Sport for a test drive out there. Haven't gotten a chance to break out that combo on some good deer photos yet.

texashunter56 12-18-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATX Tyler (Post 13025339)
Fantastic pics! Those bucks are insane. I'd love to take my 7DII and my 150-600mm Sigma Sport for a test drive out there. Haven't gotten a chance to break out that combo on some good deer photos yet.

Thanks. How are you liking the new lens?

Froggy 12-18-2017 08:09 PM

Incredible pictures and deer. ;)b;)b

Abcdj 12-18-2017 08:12 PM

Wow

ATX Tyler 12-18-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texashunter56 (Post 13025916)
Thanks. How are you liking the new lens?

Seems like it's gonna be a good one. I haven't gotten to take it out much yet (go to work in the dark, come home in the dark), but I think it will work out well. The build quality is awesome that's for sure, it's just a heavy son of a gun haha.

yazoomon 12-18-2017 08:38 PM

The sunset photo of the 12? a few photos up is spectacular!!!! What great photos and a great ranch. Thanks for sharing. By the way, I need some lessons. I have a Seven also and some good glass, I just don't know how to set my camera for light and speed ect. I am working at it though. Thanks again.

ttaxidermy 12-18-2017 08:47 PM

Good LAWD have mercy.... Now that's some fine bucks...........

hef187 12-18-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texashunter56 (Post 13015892)
He was my favorite buck I saw on this trip with the very young 6x6 next in line. He more of a future prospect at this point but off to a great start. Here are some more pics of the clean 6x6.

My picture perfect buck.. Awesome pics(and deer)!!

Rcham1212 12-18-2017 09:15 PM

Awesome pics

cattlelackranch 12-18-2017 09:57 PM

Great photos

texashunter56 12-18-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATX Tyler (Post 13026059)
Seems like it's gonna be a good one. I haven't gotten to take it out much yet (go to work in the dark, come home in the dark), but I think it will work out well. The build quality is awesome that's for sure, it's just a heavy son of a gun haha.

What does it weigh? My Canon 4.0 500 mm IS lens weighs little over 7 lbs. I have to use tripod when I use it or at least a mono-pod.

Crazy Horse 12-18-2017 10:30 PM

Great...:mad:...now I have drool on my keyboard!

Mary 12-18-2017 10:31 PM

Wow...great captures of spectacular bucks. I would look at one and say "that is my favorite"...get to the next and say, no that one. I said that all through your pics. Really nice work!

texashunter56 12-18-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoomon (Post 13026109)
The sunset photo of the 12? a few photos up is spectacular!!!! What great photos and a great ranch. Thanks for sharing. By the way, I need some lessons. I have a Seven also and some good glass, I just don't know how to set my camera for light and speed ect. I am working at it though. Thanks again.

Thanks. That buck that is way out in the full sun? If that is the one that was after sunrise and he is a 7x7 typical and bumping 8x7. I am still learning my camera and lenses also. I am self taught and need a lot practice. I use a tripod all the time with my 7D and 500mm since it is so heavy. I try to use Manual exposure mode when possible and go for the lowest ISO(100 if possible). Then make camera adjustments to get the picture quality I want. That picture was taken at 100 ISO, F4 and 1/320 exposure. Like I said I am still learning as I go. If lighting is bad and deer are moving around a lot very early/late in dark shadow spots then I use the Programmed Auto exposure setting some. Lot of times I just taking pics of deer when I see him the first time so I have them for future reference history on a buck.

critter69 12-18-2017 11:12 PM

Those are gorgeous deer, that is a high fence place I take it ? **** I would like any one of them, but several just make your hart rate increase looking at your pictures. Nice "shooting."

texashunter56 12-19-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critter69 (Post 13026623)
Those are gorgeous deer, that is a high fence place I take it ? **** I would like any one of them, but several just make your hart rate increase looking at your pictures. Nice "shooting."

Thanks and yes it is a large HF ranch.

myway 12-19-2017 03:43 PM

Absolutely amazing pics! The potential with that youngster is crazy!

ATX Tyler 12-19-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texashunter56 (Post 13026501)
What does it weigh? My Canon 4.0 500 mm IS lens weighs little over 7 lbs. I have to use tripod when I use it or at least a mono-pod.

It's a little under that. Probably around 6 lbs.

Outlaw_6 12-19-2017 05:35 PM

Nice!

kruppa24 12-19-2017 06:00 PM

Dang!

texashunter56 12-19-2017 08:34 PM

Thanks again everyone. I'll add a few more here.

Codyo250 12-21-2017 07:29 PM

Awesome deer

golfer47 01-03-2018 05:45 PM

Beautiful pictures. Wish I had something like that on my lease


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpotts 01-03-2018 06:12 PM

Awesome pictures

Colton 01-03-2018 06:16 PM

Man y’all have some great deer on your place

Wood Man 01-05-2018 12:46 PM

Awesome photos of some awesome bucks.

bowsticker 01-05-2018 12:52 PM

I love deer #5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com