What is a good sized 8 pt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a good sized 8 pt

I had this debate with a buddy of mine while we were making some jerky with my Illinois buck. What do y'all consider a good sized 8? Mine scored 128 3/8". He thinks an 8 isn't big till 140". I tried to explain to him what exactly it takes for an 8 to make the 140" mark. Please let me know talks opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

125 is a nice 8.....135 is a BIG 8

Comment

To each is thier own. 140" is the standard as far as I'm concerned for a big 8

Comment

Anything over 110, over the age of 5. But that's just me. Ha!
        Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 10-11-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

All depends on where you hunt. I was on a lease where a 110 inch 8 point was a great deer. All in the eye of the shooter. IMO, if it os an aged deer, then its a good size 8pt.

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
            I had this debate with a buddy of mine while we were making some jerky with my Illinois buck. What do y'all consider a good sized 8? Mine scored 128 3/8". He thinks an 8 isn't big till 140". I tried to explain to him what exactly it takes for an 8 to make the 140" mark. Please let me know talks opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 130" 8 is a 140" 10 missing his G4s... I hunt in an area where a 130" 8 is a nice deer. I wouldn't give a **** what your buddy thinks but I am betting he thinks a 140" ten is a nice deer as well.

I like them mature too...

Comment

130's is a good 8

Comment

Did Stevie Wonder score him? lmao!! Any deer killed by bow is a success story. Screw score.

Comment

Since I've killed a 131" I will say 130" is a good 8!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                    Did Stevie Wonder score him? lmao!! Any deer killed by bow is a success story. Screw score.
                    Couldn't agree more!

Comment

I'm happy with my 8. He don't score much, but he was mature. Shot was good and he died in sight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

people get too wrapped up in inches. If it looks big, then it is big.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                          people get too wrapped up in inches. If it looks big, then it is big.

I like that...

I wish more hunters would take that to heart.....there is more to deer hunting than a scoring system that rewards symmetry over gross.

Comment

A 130" 8 is a fantastic deer that many hunters won't have the opportunity to kill in a lifetime. You can't just make a blanket statement that an 8 isn't big until 140". Some areas just don't produce that caliber of deer. I killed a 144" 8 a few years ago and he was a beautiful deer, then the air was let outta my sails a bit when I saw a 200" 8 one of the guys at my local archery shop killed up north. If he's of age and he pleases YOUR eye, who cares what your buddy thinks?

Comment

Post up pics of 8 points with score for reference and I can start there

Comment

Working...
                              X