TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   It's All About the Video (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Promo video advice (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662421)

Bowhunter004 09-20-2017 08:52 PM

Promo video advice

Hey everyone I need some advice from some fellow bow hunters. I filmed this promo for a guy who is starting a clothing apparel line. 2 questions, can you tell this is a video for clothing line? Or does it look more like a hunting show promo ?? If it looks like a hunting show, what would you change?

https://vimeo.com/232163925

ChickenWilly 09-20-2017 08:53 PM

I don't get any kind of impression from the video..... because I don't see it! Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bowhunter004 09-20-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenWilly (Post 12747253)
I don't get any kind of impression from the video..... because I don't see it! Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I forgot the most important part! its fixed lol

Bowhunter004 09-21-2017 10:26 AM

How bout now.... ��

spro 09-21-2017 10:41 AM

Good video but seems more like an advertisement for Bowtech to me.

Hawkpuppy 1 09-21-2017 10:54 AM

Overall, a great video. Would I have thought it was for a camo clothing line, no. More of a feel to it of either a Bowtech advertisement or just a guy in his routine to go hunt. Need to have more of the, hate to say, stereotypical shots of the camo in different settings showing how well it works type stuff....

Bowhunter004 09-21-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkpuppy 1 (Post 12748597)
Overall, a great video. Would I have thought it was for a camo clothing line, no. More of a feel to it of either a Bowtech advertisement or just a guy in his routine to go hunt. Need to have more of the, hate to say, stereotypical shots of the camo in different settings showing how well it works type stuff....

Thank you man, I had that gut feeling but need someone else to tell me that. Thanks for the reply!

Brad King 09-22-2017 06:05 AM

Quote:

I agree with this... Amazing work though, helluva job on the vid!!! Made we wanna go jump in a tree right now!

DJM 09-22-2017 06:47 AM

Block out the other brand names............Bowtech,Scent Killer ,Muddy and Rtic are what I saw.There may be others.Focus more on the brand your promoting.
Cool video though.;)b

DJ

Bowhunter004 09-22-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJM (Post 12750840)
Block out the other brand names............Bowtech,Scent Killer ,Muddy and Rtic are what I saw.There may be others.Focus more on the brand your promoting.
Cool video though.;)b

DJ

Makes perfect sense! thanks man!

AZST_bowhunter 09-22-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJM (Post 12750840)
Cool video though.;)b

DJ

Same as what these guys said!

Plus, to be taken seriously, should he be shooting a Mathews? :D

Bowhunter004 09-22-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter (Post 12751427)
Same as what these guys said!

Plus, to be taken seriously, should he be shooting a Mathews? :D

yup!!!!!!! Thats what I told him too lol:D:D

wdtorque 09-22-2017 11:16 AM

Like the video

Quote:

Agreed

DuramaxDude 09-22-2017 11:28 AM

If there wasn't any text for the actual clothing company at the very first I would say the opening of a hunting show sponsored by nocked out apparel and bow tech. If there were only close ups of the clothing brand and not the words bowtech on the bow I would say apparel line promo. Good video though nice work.

Part Timer 09-22-2017 11:44 AM

I agree with all the responses. To many other brands. Why the emphasis on Bowtech? Are they a co sponsor or something. I would remove the logo of the bow if you could.

I liked the video though. Good job.

Bowhunter004 09-23-2017 04:02 PM

Thanks fellas. I was afraid of that from all the questions I had about the video. It wasnt clear what we were trying to accomplish.

Sleepy 09-23-2017 04:08 PM

If you wouldn't have mentioned anything about the clothing line, I wouldn't have had a clue it was promoting a clothing line. Sweet video though.

So what is it about his clothing line? What would make me want to buy it over all the other brands that are already on the market? What materials are used? Pockets/hidden pockets? Does this line have a special zipper that won't ever break or come off the track? Is it water proof or water repellant? Soft and quiet for a bowhunter?

If you're promoting a clothing line, those are the subjects that need to be addressed in the video.

Jared.King 09-23-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepy (Post 12754606)

So what is it about his clothing line? What would make me want to buy it over all the other brands that are already on the market? What materials are used? Pockets/hidden pockets? Does this line have a special zipper that won't ever break or come off the track? Is it water proof or water repellant? Soft and quiet for a bowhunter?

This is what I was wondering. Excellent video though! Definitely interested.