2016 Archery Pig - 1st Video Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a pretty good sized pig I shot last year, just now getting time to learn how to edit and post videos.

I had shot several pigs this size, they had taken over my feeders, so needed to thin them out, usually pass on pigs during deer season, but I wasn't seeing any deer at all. The previous I pigs had shot were all standard broadside shots right in the pocket, but never recovered the pigs, so on this one I took a non-conventional shot placement.

Take a look, any feed back would be appreciated.

Also, how far do you think he ran?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33JFKi-4tuc"]2016 Archery Pig - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by JES; 10-23-2017, 04:20 AM.

Vitals are in the bottom 1/3 you may have gotten a little of the spine but he didn’t drop. If it’s in the soft area he’ll be in the other zip code. Big dude. Hope you recover him.

Comment

Sure didn't look like much penetration but looked like it hurt him bad by the way he was running off. Jugular? I'm guessing he didn't run far?

What broadhead?
      Last edited by Jet Black; 10-23-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Arrow didn't get much penetration, but still could have hit vitals where the shot landed. I would guess he didn't go too far?

Comment

It was an extremely fatal shot, you can see him stumble as he runs off and if you listen closely you can hear him crash, less than 30 yards. On these big pigs like this I would take this shot again.

Cutters

This is one of the other pigs I shot, right in the “crease” ran off and never found him. He was a toad and considerably bigger than the one on video.

I went back a few weeks later and he was picked clean. Found my other half of the arrow with the broadhead, the skull and all four cutters, need to bleach his skull and clean it up so I can display him.
          Last edited by JES; 10-24-2017, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
            Sure didn't look like much penetration but looked like it hurt him bad by the way he was running off. Jugular? I'm guessing he didn't run far?

What broadhead?

Shot him with an NAP Spitfire, the only broad head I’ll shoot!

Didn’t seem any blood so missed jugular, but it got the job done.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Nice! Looks stinky

Comment

Awesome video, shot, and cutters!!!

Comment

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot one in a similar location. He didn’t go far either. Crashed in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                        One way to notch a pig!

Good pictures

Comment

Outstanding!..never woulda guessed and you have some well fed pigs !

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post

Nice work!

Comment

Dude perfect. Video all your kills. It’s fun. Congrats on the kill. Keep vids coming

Comment

Working...
                              X