Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stemmler recurve questions

First of all I have never held or shot a recurve
    I couldn't find much info on Stemmler archery except it no longer exists.Is it a good bow for a beginner?It has some scratches but no gouges or cracks.The red finish is it a glass covering? Any info would be a great help.
    Picked it up at a thrift store today for twelve dollars so won't be out that much if I can't use it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	stemmler1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	24771072

Name:	atemmler2.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	24771073

Name:	stemmler3.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	24771074
    The model is Turk,AMO 60,45#
    Last edited by Instinct; 08-15-2009, 04:41 PM. Reason: info

as long as the limbs aren't twisted or signs of lam separation. get you a string, exercise it a little and let er rip.

Comment

Thanks, that brings up another question:
      What arrows do I use?

Comment

wood or carbon would work

Comment

I forgot, when you get a string DO NOT get fast flight, B50 will work.

Comment

Would this be the correct string for this bow?

Name:	bowstring.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	23896806

Comment

From the number on the tube it looks right. FYI try and shoot heavier alum or wood arrows out of that older bow. It will help keep some of the stress of of the limbs

Comment

I have a Stemmler Jagaur, it's a wall hanger now due to my oldest son leaving it in the sun! Stemmler sold Fred Bear his first bow stave. That will kind of give you an idea of how long they were in business. mine was a definite shooter. your should be too.

Comment

Good bow. Take care of it and it will shoot for you. Stay away from fast flight and sun. The red is the fiberglass on the outside layer. Wish they sold some of those old colors still. The old green glass on some of the old Bear Bows was great. Can't find it anymore. Gordon said they were gonna try to make some of the old colors again but it never happened.

Comment

Working...
                  X