Waterproof Boots Leaking - Any Fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterproof Boots Leaking - Any Fix?

I have a pair of Cabela's snake boots that are supposed to be waterproof, but have started leaking. They seem to be leaking down right around where the sole cushion meets the fabric of the boot.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't live close to Cabela's anymore, so returning them is a pretty hard deal at this point.

Here are the boots in question.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...749&hasJS=true

AQUA SEAL....we used it on waders duckhunting. It is some tough, durable but flexible stuff. If you can locate the leaking area, place this on the boot and let it dry.

Comment

You might try Plumbers Goop. It is good stuff and I have yet to find anything that it won't work on. (have NOT tried it like for what you are needing it for however so....)

Comment

Shoe Goo on the leaking area.

Cabelas might just replace them if you call 800 237 4444 and ask nicely, you'll be out one-way shipping costs.

Comment

I would recommend sending back if advertised as waterproof. If you put snowseal on goretex boots, it would not only void any type of warranty, but will ruin goretex liner. Box em up and send back with short note.

Comment

Buy all your boots at Cabelas--save all the boxes and paperwork that they come with and return for a new pair when they fail--satisfaction guaranteed!

Comment

Originally posted by Benelliguy View Post
              Buy all your boots at Cabelas--save all the boxes and paperwork that they come with and return for a new pair when they fail--satisfaction guaranteed!
              Only for 90 days now. They changed their return policy a few months ago. I agree Will, I would call their customer service line, I have always been happy with them.

Comment

thats why i dont buy store brand boots any more all ways seem to leak i only buy rockys now

Comment

Originally posted by nursemike View Post
                  I would recommend sending back if advertised as waterproof. If you put snowseal on goretex boots, it would not only void any type of warranty, but will ruin goretex liner. Box em up and send back with short note.
                  I did not know sno seal would ruin a gore-tex liner. Wish I had known that before I used it on my boots. Oh well, I bought em in the bargain cave for half price or less. So far they are holding up OK. ( Cabelas Extreme Series 2000 gr )

Comment

aqua seal

Comment

I use snow seal r beeswax on my boots. Works great just have to reapply from tint to time

Comment

i gave up on goretex and all that! every pr i have owned weather it is cabelas rocky ect they never last in water. they all leak.

Comment

Shoe goo does not work very well if its a spot that has a fold in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X