Pasture Weed Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pasture Weed Help

What type of pasture weed is this? I have it popping up all over my cattle pastures and it seems P+D doesn't kill it very well. Thanks for he help.
    Attached Files

Kinda looks like milkweed from the picture, but I would think that P+d would kill it.

Experts often recommend planting milkweed to help the declining monarch population because it is the sole food source for the monarch caterpillars. These insects breed as they migrate north in the spring, cycling through four generations during the journey.  Each of those generations is entirely dependent on milkweed as the host plant for the caterpillars. While the decline in the milkweed population is only one of several factors affecting monarch populations, planting more of it will likely give the monarch population a boost.
    Last edited by wickll; 07-02-2018, 06:23 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

Looks alot like ragweed to me.

Comment

The plants in the pictures were sprayed with P+D a week prior. It wilted the tops but not sure yet if I will get a complete kill. Everything else is dead in the pastures besides this weed.

Comment

Appears to be croton capitatus (goat weed), (woolly croton) easiest thing in fields to kill 2-4D kills hell out of it, check your % usage of your sprayer, as generally a drop on this plant will do, about an hour after we spray they get droopy like you showed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Milkweed

Surprised P+D didn't get it though

Comment

Working...
            X