Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Ever Deal With Epilepsy/ Seizures in Children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Ever Deal With Epilepsy/ Seizures in Children?

My daughter Kiley, will be 2 in September, has been dealing with epileptic seizures since this past December. She was officially diagnosed with epilepsy in February. She is now on a twice daily medication to help control them, which in the last month we have had to increase the dosage twice.

In the past 6 months she has had at least 20 seizures. Anywhere from 2 minutes long to almost 10 minutes long. Typically when she has them she gets into a cycle where she has multiple throughout the day.

In the Past 48 hours she has had 5 seizures. Fortunately we have been able to avoid going to the hospital, she is home today, with no seizures in almost 24 hours. Been sleeping all day though.

So far she has had to spend 6 nights in the hospital, 2 ambulance rides, and 1 helicopter ride.

I've never been more scared of anything than the first time I saw her have a seizure and being told she has to be put on a breathing machine and life-flighted to downtown Houston. I've been really rather quiet about the whole situation, because most people I try not to worry other folks about my "our family" issues. But it is definitely starting to takes its toll... Between the complete unknown of how long or bad this condition can be for her, the HUGE medical bills that insurance won't cover, taking days off from work to be with her at the hospital, you name it... it's pretty dang stressful. (sorry, just a little bit of venting)

Her doctors at Texas Children's take good care of her when she is there, but unfortunately no one can give us much information on what causes these seizures. Just when we think we know what might trigger them, like being ill, she has one out of the blue while perfectly healthy. Which for that matter, other than these seizures she is a really healthy baby, and for that I am thankful. Just wish we could get this mess under control. Anyone dealt with this before? I know every situation is different, but good information can anyone share?

For those who have met my daughter, knows she is a handful. she has tons of energy and usually really playful and full of smiles. It sucks to see her hurt.

I was able to record a video of her during one of her seizures yesterday, it's hard to watch, but it's what she has to deal with.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_kPQzQyV0Q"]May 30, 2017 - YouTube[/ame]

Anyways for those of you that have some knowledge on this situation any info or reassurance you can give me I would appreciate. If nothing a simple prayer would be appreciated.
    Last edited by mev002; 05-31-2017, 03:28 PM.

I went to high school with a kid who had these types of seizures. They seem to lessen the older he got. I will pray for your beautiful baby girl that something can be done to help her.

Comment

We're gonna be praying for your precious daughter Kiley. And we ask our Good Lord to please put his healing Hands on her

Comment

My daughter Kiley, will be 2 in September, has been dealing with epileptic seizures since this past December. She was officially diagnosed with epilepsy in February. She is now on a twice daily medication to help control them, which in the last month we have had to increase the dosage twice.

In the past 6 months she has had at least 20 seizures. Anywhere from 2 minutes long to almost 10 minutes long. Typically when she has them she gets into a cycle where she has multiple throughout the day.

In the Past 48 hours she has had 5 seizures. Fortunately we have been able to avoid going to the hospital, she is home today, with no seizures in almost 24 hours. Been sleeping all day though.

So far she has had to spend 6 nights in the hospital, 2 ambulance rides, and 1 helicopter ride.

I've never been more scared of anything than the first time I saw her have a seizure and being told she has to be put on a breathing machine and life-flighted to downtown Houston. I've been really rather quiet about the whole situation, because most people I try not to worry other folks about my "our family" issues. But it is definitely starting to takes its toll... Between the complete unknown of how long or bad this condition can be for her, the HUGE medical bills that insurance won't cover, taking days off from work to be with her at the hospital, you name it... it's pretty dang stressful. (sorry, just a little bit of venting)

Her doctors at Texas Children's take good care of her when she is there, but unfortunately no one can give us much information on what causes these seizures. Just when we think we know what might trigger them, like being ill, she has one out of the blue while perfectly healthy. Which for that matter, other than these seizures she is a really healthy baby, and for that I am thankful. Just wish we could get this mess under control. Anyone dealt with this before? I know every situation is different, but good information can anyone share?

For those who have met my daughter, knows she is a handful. she has tons of energy and usually really playful and full of smiles. It sucks to see her hurt.

I was able to record a video of her during one of her seizures yesterday, it's hard to watch, but it's what she has to deal with.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_kPQzQyV0Q"]May 30, 2017 - YouTube[/ame]

Anyways for those of you that have some knowledge on this situation any info or reassurance you can give me I would appreciate. If nothing a simple prayer would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You should read this article

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...R5PM%20Actives

Comment

I remember my sister having them alot when we were younger. Almost biting her tounge off multiple times, mom would catch alot of them and prevent the tongue biting. She had them alot and they tried alot of different medicine. As she got older they got better and I am assuming with the medicine as well. She eventually "grew' out of it as the doctors said. It will get better, seemed like it took forever though.

Comment

I feel your pain brother. One of our children has seizure disorder, but has been seizure free for several years while being under the care of a wonderful pediatric neurologist.

Please call and get an appointment for Dr. Carlos Rivera with the Blue Bird Circle Clinic Of Child Neurology in the Houston Med Center. The office number is (832) 822-5046.

It can takes month to get an appointment, but Dr. Rivera and his staff are the most compassionate medical professionals we've encountered. Ask to speak to his Admin Asst and then explain your circumstances.

Prayers to you and your family.

Comment

I would look at CBD oils. They are doing some amazing things with them in Colorado, especially with children. This is fact, not pseudo science.

Comment

PM sent!

Comment

That was hard to watch. She is so beautiful, so innocent. It is such a shame to have to see this wonderful child have to deal with seizures.

Two of my brothers have had to deal with seizures and rely on medicine to control them. While I cannot offer any medical remedies I can tell you that they seem to diminish as the person grows older. May be a combination of the right medicines and the body's ability to somehow correct itself...I don't know.

I offer prayers and encouragement to you and your wife. This is a controllable situation.

Comment

I'm very sorry as I did read your post and looked at the pictures but chose not watch the video. She is a beautiful little precious girl and I pray for her, you and your wife and the doctors who are treating her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                        I would look at CBD oils. They are doing some amazing things with them in Colorado, especially with children. This is fact, not pseudo science.
                        THIS^^^^^^^^^

Also research Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

Comment

first of all, she is beautiful. i have a 3 yo daughter and cannot imagine the sadness and pain you must feel watching her go through that trauma. i will pray for you all and hope for full recovery on her part.

Comment

What a beautiful child!

Dear Lord please help this little girl, lay your healing hand on her!

Comment

I know your pain very well brother! When my son was about the same age, he had them. We went through the Life Flight trips and everything else several times The meds were finally able to control his. We also watched what he ate and didn't let him get over heated. He was unable to have anything with "Red Dye 40" That stuff is in dang near anything that is red! He spend 5 days in TCH in a coma, so I really do know your pain. His were all 20 years ago. Now his son is going through the same thing. All I can tell you is very closely watch her body temp and if she even starts to spike a fever, cool her down with damp a cloth or something. Pay close attention to what she eats. They may be brought on by diet, video games, flashing lights, any number of things can make their brain short circuit.
                              I'll be praying for you and your angel.

Comment

Working...
                              X