X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Wednesday)

Daily Bible Portion – 4 of 7
    "COUNT"

(Weekly Reading>>Numbers 4:21 to 7:89, Judges 13:2-25, Acts 21:17 to 22:29, John 7:53 to 8:11)

Cleaning the Camp: The Woman Caught in Adultery

John 8:1-11 “While Jesus was teaching in the Temple courts, some teachers and Pharisees decided to test Him to see if He would speak against the Law of Moses and the law regarding adultery. They approached Jesus saying, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. The Law of Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?”

It is interesting to note that the teachers only brought the woman and not the man before Jesus. Upon seeing this, refusing to address or look at them, Jesus bent down and started to write in the dirt of the temple floor with his finger (Leviticus 20:10; John 8:6).

•Why did Jesus seem not to respond to them?

•What sins of dishonor will take us outside the camp of Yahweh?

Three sins rendered a person unclean leaving them outside the camp: touching a dead body, sexual immorality and a tzarat infection that which contaminated the body by discharge either verbally or otherwise. Gossip, assumption, slander and murmur, lashon hara, are all forms of dishonor/tzarat infection (Numbers 5:2). This law applied not only for the one speaking, but also to the listener. Both were rendered unclean and found guilty, as out of the mouth of two or three witnesses it is established.

In John 8 passage, Christ fulfilled the law by not listening to their lashon hara against this woman or passing judgment on her. Writing in the dirt of the temple floor with His finger was a Hebrew metaphor for the authority of the Lord[Yahweh]. Jesus/Yeshua was about to inscribe the Torah on the hearts of these men. In this one act Jesus revealed Himself as the Word made flesh [Torah, The Light, The Way, The Truth, The Life] and portrayed Himself as authority of Yahweh, the Messiah, the author and writer of the very law they were accusing this woman of [John 1:14, James 4:12, John 5:22, John 12:48]. Could Jesus have been writing the curse from Numbers 5 the law of jealousy for the woman caught in adultery intended for the incriminating to see? Could he have written the prophetic writings of Jeremiah?

Jeremiah 17:13-15 O Yahweh, the hope of Israel, all who forsake you shall be put to shame; those who turn away from you shall be written in the earth, for they have forsaken Yahweh, the fountain of living water. Heal me, O Yahweh, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise. Behold, they say to me, "Where is the word of the LORD[Jesus]? Let it come!"

The teachers of the Law were blinded by their own doctrines rejecting the Word of God[Jesus] which was in the flesh right before there very eyes.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The teachers of the law and Pharisees continued to question Jesus. He stood up and said to them,

“He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” (John 8:7)

Jesus[Yeshua] exposed the teachers of the Law for using His/Jesus/The Law Giver [Jam 4:12] instructions[Torah] incorrectly. They had foresaken the Word of God as a striking rod on the sheep rather than using it to guide and help them. These leaders were propagating a religious spirit of judgment rather than a heart after the Spirit of the Holy One.

Who really was the adulterer here? The woman or the religious leaders? Believers are all going to stand before Jesus[Yeshua] one day. Will we have blessed people by teaching them how to walk in the life applications of Torah or have we beaten them with a religious spirit and our knowledge causing them to turn away because we have not respected or honored them. In essence a religious spirit curses Christ’s people in the name of Torah.

James 4:12 "There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?"

John 5:22 "The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son[The Word]",

John 12:48 "The one who rejects me[The Word made flesh] and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day."

Again Yeshua/Jesus stooped down to write in the dirt on the Temple floor. What did He write the second time? Could He have written “Y-H-V-H” over the curse of Numbers 5:11 for one suspected of adultery? Who can forgive sins? Only YHVH/Yahweh. This silenced the accusers.

Note: The word dirt in the Scriptures can metaphorically represent people. In writing on the temple floor Jesus revealed that people are inscribed with His Word/Torah upon them. To condemn the woman without revealing the truth of the Word to her would be to put her and her future generations into enslavement and spiritual lack. This was the incorrect interpretation of the truth that Jesus uncovered, as His truth is always designed to set the captives free from the law of sin and death.

Even though Jesus did not speak out loud, those who heard Him began leaving, from the eldest down to the youngest until only Jesus was left standing alone with the woman. Jesus straightened up and asked her,

“Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned[judged] you?” “No one sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn[judge] you. Go now and leave your life of sin [lawlessness]” (John 8:10-11).

Jesus teaches us many things here. Believers are not to listen gossip and slander (lashon hara)and no man is to be an accuser of the brethren. What is profoundly demonstrated to the woman and her accusers is the power of Torah being correctly applied to bring life and not death. This is the heart of Torah and the Life of Christ being ministered to those being set free through repentance. Christ is our advocate and speaks on our behalf.

Cleaning the Camp: Jesus Talks With a Samaritan Woman - John 4:4-38

Another example of the Law of Jealousy was when Jesus talked with an adulterous woman (one who was living outside His life principles) living in the Northern Kingdom in the town of Samaria. She had come to a well that belonged to her Father Jacob. Her heritage revealed that she was from the House of Israel. Jesus came for the lost sheep of the House of Israel, those walking outside Torah (Matthew 10:6; 15:24). At the well Jesus asked this woman for a drink as He shared with her His identity as the Living Water. In veiled language, He told her that she needed to return to her husband; her first love, Jesus the Living Torah (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy) as the husband she was living with now was separating her from Him. Jesus then went on to explain that the cup He would drink on her behalf (meaning He would die her death at His crucifixion by drinking the cup of bitter water he would take on the penalty for her sin of adultry), would produce life in her not death and that she would be set free from dishonoring the Covenant she made with Him originally. Was it a feel good kind of grace Jesus was presenting to this woman or the truth of the Lord’s grace found IN Torah that brought conviction to a responsibility she needed to take? Jesus is the goal of Torah.

Romans 10:4 (CJB) "For the goal at which the Torah aims is the Messiah, who offers righteousness to everyone who trusts."

He empowered the Torah principles that govern the earth with the life of His Spirit and when we walk in them we walk in Him. Christ’s Torah/Gospel has not been done away with as that would do away with Him, the Living Torah. Rather, His Torah/Gospel has been brought into its fuller authority and understanding through Him.

Matthew 5:17-19 Yeshua said, “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law/Torah till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

This story in John 4 is a prophetic picture of the House[Family] of Israel[Jacob], the adulterous bride. Jesus taught this woman at the well the Law of Jealousy by using the Torah to breathe life into her. This then became the Law of Life to her. By presenting Himself, the Living Torah, in such a manner she believed, was converted and redeemed. As a result of her testimony many from Samaria came also to believe in Jesus as their Messiah.

Cleaning the Camp: The Golden Calf - Exodus 32:11-22

After forty days, Moses carried the Marriage Covenant - written on two stone tablets - down Mount Sinai to present to the assembly of Israel. This was a very special time, as just weeks earlier Israel had betrothed themselves to the Lord/Yahweh. Now Moses was walking into camp with the formal marriage covenant. When he arrived he was shocked to see her bowing down and adulterating herself before another bridegroom in the form of a golden calf. Here was Yahweh’s intended betrothed bride Israel found wayward - a adulterous bride.

Moses smashed the two tablets and ground the golden calf to powder. He scattered it on the water and made the Israelites drink it. Then Yahweh said, “Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.” How did Moses know who participated in the worship of the golden calf? Their bellies had swelled and their reproductive organs rotted according to the Law of Jealousy. Three thousand died by the sword that day.

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X