Leucistic Doe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leucistic Doe

She strolled thru camp Tuesday at 1pm while I'm sitting drinking a beer. I wasn't sure if it was a goat or a lama. Upon ground check, once in a lifetime doe. Having the hide tanned.
    Attached Files

Nice fallow doe, congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
      That would've been my first guess too. Any exotics in the area? Either way, congrats.

Comment

No exotics anywhere. Had her checked by the local game wardens and confirmed.

Leucistic animals lack pigment over all or part of their bodies Leucistic deer can be varying levels of white – some contain white splotches, some are half brown and half white, some appear nearly all white. Mixed brown and white animals are often known as piebald deer. (Confusingly, many deer biologists and hunters use “piebald” to describe all leucistic deer).

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Sure looks like a fallow to me. The hair on her neck, and from the pics she appears to have the fallow deer “adams apple”, and her tear ducts look slightly bigger like a fallow from what I can tell. Really cool kill regardless of what species congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
              Originally posted by BDR View Post
              Sure looks like a fallow to me. The hair on her neck, and from the pics she appears to have the fallow deer “adams apple”, and her tear ducts look slightly bigger like a fallow from what I can tell. Really cool kill regardless of what species congrats.
              First thing I noticed was the Adam’s apple

Comment

any other pics? Congrats

Comment

thats a fallow doe

Comment

Congrats on the kill

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I'm seeing fallow. Either way congrats.

Comment

Sweet
                        It's not often they meet.you by the hanging pole. She must have decided it was going to get to cold and she'd rather die.

Comment

Originally posted by Abilenehogman1 View Post
                          No exotics anywhere. Had her checked by the local game wardens and confirmed.

Leucistic animals lack pigment over all or part of their bodies Leucistic deer can be varying levels of white – some contain white splotches, some are half brown and half white, some appear nearly all white. Mixed brown and white animals are often known as piebald deer. (Confusingly, many deer biologists and hunters use “piebald” to describe all leucistic deer).
                          I’m aware about piebald, melanistic, and leaucistic deer- it’s just that deer is a white fallow doe you probably thought it was a llama because of it’s sheep-like face (common fallow trait). And check out that Adam’s apple and short tail...
                          Last edited by Patton; 01-13-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Sure looks a lot like a fallow to me, will make a cool rug either way. Congrats!!!

Comment

Mega albino fawn

Comment

Working...
                              X