TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it" (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633473)

zztex 03-24-2017 07:41 PM

The old man hit a bomb two games in a row;)b

systemnt 03-24-2017 07:42 PM

I'd like to see what that program consists of... should've been people fired over it based on its past results

rtp 03-24-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by systemnt (Post 12305153)
I'd like to see what that program consists of... should've been people fired over it based on its past results

Me too. They are 0 for 3 so far. Hopefully Colin bounces back to be the rubber-band man again.

rtp 03-24-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zztex (Post 12305147)
The old man hit a bomb two games in a row;)b

The old man is going to provide plenty of offense this year. Finally some production from 1st base.

systemnt 03-25-2017 06:01 AM

Like I said before.. if gramps Cuban does well and doesn't need hip replacement by mid season I will reverse my opinion and say I was wrongish about him.
I will cheer for him in the meantime, mostly because I'm forced to...he's on the team... got a jersey with his name on it and everything...
They even put ramps in the dugout for him.
We'll see how he does at first... even though we know who's spots he really wants..
#vivagrampacuban

rtp 03-25-2017 07:48 AM

Im praying Im wrongish about Hinch.

systemnt 03-25-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtp (Post 12305874)
Im praying Im wrongish about Hinch.

Me too.

topduarte 03-25-2017 05:09 PM

They were suppose to win it all last year.

systemnt 03-25-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topduarte (Post 12306725)
They were suppose to win it all last year.

Says who?
Their plan was always this year ...last year (and year before) were indicators the build was working..and on track..
We'll see.. all chips in..

zztex 03-25-2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by systemnt (Post 12306743)
Says who?
Their plan was always this year ...last year (and year before) were indicators the build was working..and on track..
We'll see.. all chips in..

This^^^
Don't concern yourself with winderlikker yankee fan;)b

Brush Country 03-25-2017 06:39 PM

Can't wait for the home opener

MassMan 03-25-2017 08:23 PM

Shopping for tickets for the last series of the year at Fenway. The wife wanted a long weekend trip without kids in Sept. so I did what any good husband would do and looked at the Stros' schedule for suitable destinations.:) Hope it means something but checking off Fenway won't be so bad if it doesn't.

zztex 03-25-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassMan (Post 12307091)
Shopping for tickets for the last series of the year at Fenway. The wife wanted a long weekend trip without kids in Sept. so I did what any good husband would do and looked at the Stros' schedule for suitable destinations.:) Hope it means something but checking off Fenway won't be so bad if it doesn't.

Sounds awesome ;)b

KaseyinTX 03-26-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassMan (Post 12307091)
Shopping for tickets for the last series of the year at Fenway. The wife wanted a long weekend trip without kids in Sept. so I did what any good husband would do and looked at the Stros' schedule for suitable destinations.:) Hope it means something but checking off Fenway won't be so bad if it doesn't.

Great plan! I've been to all but 6 MLB parks and nothing compares to Fenway. Good luck on the ticket search! Go Stros!

rtp 03-27-2017 05:05 PM

Finally an evening spring training game. McHugh making his first start. 3 hard hit balls so far by Washington. 1 out and 2 on.

Chew 03-27-2017 05:08 PM

We need to put together a TBH game night at minute maid.

rtp 03-27-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chew (Post 12311144)
We need to put together a TBH game night at minute maid.

IN;)b

Chew 03-27-2017 05:10 PM

Im in !

RINCON 03-27-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chew (Post 12311144)
We need to put together a TBH game night at minute maid.

In!...it should be against the Rangers too.

zztex 03-27-2017 05:17 PM

In!

Chew 03-27-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINCON (Post 12311166)
In!...it should be against the Rangers too.

Good call. Lets try to decide a date soon

RINCON 03-27-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topduarte (Post 12306725)
They were suppose to win it all last year.

No they were not...look at my avatar - its this year silly.

Chew 03-27-2017 05:20 PM

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=634529

snappertapper 03-27-2017 05:22 PM

Innn

MassMan 03-27-2017 05:40 PM

In if I am in town and my kids don't have anything going on that night, which pretty much means 10% chance I'm in. May 1st against the Rangers might be a good option. It's Teacher Appreciation Night. They need our support.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e47bc7d16c.jpg

rtp 03-27-2017 05:42 PM

Please no one post another pic on this thread unless it can top that one.

Chew 03-27-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtp (Post 12311233)
Please no one post another pic on this thread unless it can top that one.

I've got a few tickets next to Astros Girl

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...21e4d46575.jpg

rtp 03-27-2017 06:28 PM

In for those games also!

TexaRican 03-27-2017 06:39 PM

We were looking over the schedule last night and weekend home games against opponents we want to see are bleak for the first half. Seemed like all our Rangers games are weeknights when I'm usually out of town.:rolleyes:

Season ticket sales people have been leaving lots of voice mails. I wonder if they are doing any mini-plans this year? May have to call in tomorrow if I get time.

RINCON 03-27-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chew (Post 12311305)
I've got a few tickets next to Astros Girl

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...21e4d46575.jpg



Lol

J Sweet 03-27-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassMan (Post 12311230)
In if I am in town and my kids don't have anything going on that night, which pretty much means 10% chance I'm in. May 1st against the Rangers might be a good option. It's Teacher Appreciation Night. They need our support.



https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e47bc7d16c.jpg



I can see where her babies come from. [emoji1]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtp 03-27-2017 07:03 PM

Sipp is picking up right where he left off last year.

Sweet, good one. I was trying to come up with something clever about that but failed mightily. At least something I could post here.:D

J Sweet 03-27-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtp (Post 12311402)
Sipp is picking up right where he left off last year.



Sweet, good one. I was trying to come up with something clever about that but failed mightily. At least something I could post here.:D



[emoji1305]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chew 03-27-2017 07:34 PM

My jeep is broke down so i may ride a camel all night.

J Sweet 03-27-2017 07:40 PM

That camel would. All night. [emoji1]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleepymedic1 03-28-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassMan (Post 12307091)
Shopping for tickets for the last series of the year at Fenway. The wife wanted a long weekend trip without kids in Sept. so I did what any good husband would do and looked at the Stros' schedule for suitable destinations.:) Hope it means something but checking off Fenway won't be so bad if it doesn't.

My wife and i are going to that final series as well!

MassMan 03-29-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepymedic1 (Post 12314200)
My wife and i are going to that final series as well!

Which day are you going? I haven't nailed it down yet but it will be Fri. or Sat. I have a striper trip in Maine in the works so I think we're going to make a whole week of it instead of just a long weekend. We'll be sitting behind the visitor dugout whichever game we attend.

sleepymedic1 03-30-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassMan (Post 12317731)
Which day are you going? I haven't nailed it down yet but it will be Fri. or Sat. I have a striper trip in Maine in the works so I think we're going to make a whole week of it instead of just a long weekend. We'll be sitting behind the visitor dugout whichever game we attend.

We are going down Thursday. Watching two games, Friday and Saturday and then flying home sunday. Our tickets are field level right behind the Astros dugout too! Lets grab a beer

systemnt 03-30-2017 09:32 PM

I'm not sure I can handle aokis batting stance...looks a little to much like
https://youtu.be/neHgPKWY4Qg

MassMan 04-01-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepymedic1 (Post 12319440)
We are going down Thursday. Watching two games, Friday and Saturday and then flying home sunday. Our tickets are field level right behind the Astros dugout too! Lets grab a beer

Definitely on the beer. I'll let you know when I get everything booked in the next few weeks. Go stros!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com