Rick Monday saves the Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick Monday saves the Flag

Who remembers this? I do. The anniversary just passed April 25th.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbr1hNp-nI4"]Rick Monday saves American flag from protesters in 1976 - YouTube[/ame]

Only cool thing a Cubs player has ever done!!

Comment

Sure do remember that

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
        Only cool thing a Cubs player has ever done!!

What does this even mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          What does this even mean?
          He ain’t a Cubs fan I ain’t either but Sammie and Ryne did a couple cool things

Comment

They were talking about this during the Cubs game the other night. Monday still has that flag in his man cave. I’m too young to remember the social aspects of that, but I would still clap if he did that today. I hope they lost the key to those two knucklehead’s cell.

Comment

I had to youtube it because I didn't remember. so me too I now like Rick Monday!

Comment

The sound of Vince Scully doing the commentary always makes me smile. I grew up in Colorado and we could get LA radio at night. I spent lots of time listening to games with my Dad with Scully painting the pictures with words.

Comment

Greatest play in baseball history. And he got a standing ovation from the fans.

Comment

What were they protesting?

Comment

yep....

Comment

So **** like this is not just a millineal thing.....

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          What were they protesting?
                          It was just young folks trying to get on the map and testing the limits of freedom in 1976.
                          I do not condone flag burning, but If you support the first amendment. You have to allow it. Not agree with it, but allow it.
                          The tables should be turned and we should start call burning the flag Hate speech

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            It was just young folks trying to get on the map and testing the limits of freedom in 1976.
                            I do not condone flag burning, but If you support the first amendment. You have to allow it. Not agree with it, but allow it.
                            The tables should be turned and we should start call burning the flag Hate speech
                            Made me wonder what would happen today if I tried to burn a rainbow flag/banner in public?

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              Made me wonder what would happen today if I tried to burn a rainbow flag/banner in public?
                              Are you trying to start WW3?
                              How far do you think that tolerance will go?

Comment

Working...
                              X