TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question concerning blood on arrows (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743600)

Lakotah 09-18-2019 11:17 AM

Question concerning blood on arrows

Ok guys, I have been working part time at an Archery shop for the last 10yrs. My question is:

Why do customers show up with a stinking bloody/and or gut shot arrow from the previous year? They need/want more arrows and just happen to bring that particular arrow to measure against the new ones?

It’s been happening more and more frequent the last couple years but this year has been the worst.

Do you think it’s bragging rights?

Look what I did?

A talking point?

Just don’t know any better or a combination?

I guess I’m curious and don’t understand the logic behind it.

1. It freakin stinks
2. I don’t want to be rude to the customer so I don’t say anything.
3. It’s not like I run around with rubber gloves in my pocket so I have to end up handling it.
Come on guys seriously, wash your arrows.

Don’t mean to rant but just don’t understand it, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.

TXHUNT3R 09-18-2019 11:27 AM

Bragging rights I'm sure. lol

Jon B 09-18-2019 11:30 AM

They are saying hey I shot something! I'd tell them to bring it back when it's clean and I don't want to handle it that way.

Smart 09-18-2019 11:33 AM

Question concerning blood on arrows

If I worked in or owned a shop and some jakeleg showed up with that, I’d tell tell them to take it right back out of the shop. Clean it and we can work with it. Don’t clean it and you are on your own. Hell the next thing I do after cleaning my deer or pig is clean the broadhead and arrow..

No telling what growing on an arrow after it has dried up

Smokeater 09-18-2019 11:35 AM

Gotta get some bowshop cred bruh!

bowaddict40 09-18-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14375912)
If I worked in or owned a shop and some jakeleg showed up with that, Iíd tell tell them to take it right back out of the shop. Clean it and we can work with it. Donít clean it and you are on your own. Hell the next thing I do after cleaning my deer or pig is clean the broadhead and arrow..

Agree, except I usually put the arrow and broad head in soapy water before I start on my deer. That way it just rinses off with a little clean water.

flatlander 09-18-2019 12:01 PM

Why would I bring you one of my good arrows :)

J/k - people just want to look cool

WItoTX 09-18-2019 12:07 PM

Maybe they think that since that arrow killed something, all other arrows have to be exactly like it?

Either way, get a bucket of soap behind the counter, and let it soak. Tell them it typically takes 30 minutes for the blood to come off, and you will get them fixed up with some new arrows once it's clean.

Smart 09-18-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatlander (Post 14375982)
people just want to look cool

Agreed.....but I must be getting old, because cool is the last thing I think.....LAZY is first..IDIOT is second:D

That would be like walking into a Academy with a shotshell hull in your pocket and when you pay for your merchandise, you set it on the counter while you get your cash. "Why yes I shot a dove yesterday....why do you ask?" deeeewsh!

Lakotah 09-20-2019 07:53 PM

Well at least I’m not the anomaly. thanks Guys, figured that’s what everyone would say.

sqiggy 09-20-2019 09:22 PM

I just had a half dozen more made up. Gave the guy a arrow that had never been shot.
So, I know it wasn't me!!!!!:D

BTLowry 09-20-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14375999)
Agreed.....but I must be getting old, because cool is the last thing I think.....LAZY is first..IDIOT is second:D
!

This

I clean mine ASAP

Always amazes me how much blood can get inside an arrow that has a broadhead tightly screwed against the insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

175gr7.62 09-20-2019 09:53 PM

Probably one of the guys we had on here a couple of weeks ago talking about retiring an arrow if they kill something with it.

Wipe that sucker off, change the blades and keep shooting it. Itís just a reusable bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ByronB 09-20-2019 10:04 PM

The arrow should be cleaned if someone is taking it in to a shop. Just my .02

Lakotah 09-22-2019 04:52 PM

It’s happened more this year than any other year.

Burnadell 09-22-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart (Post 14375999)

That would be like walking into a Academy with a shotshell hull in your pocket and when you pay for your merchandise, you set it on the counter while you get your cash. "Why yes I shot a dove yesterday....why do you ask?" deeeewsh!

Your grouchiness is progressing nicely! I may accept you into the club at a premature age! lol :D

rocky 09-22-2019 06:40 PM

I asked them to go outside and clean it, then I would work with it. Laziness, and a lack of respect for a bowshop. Usually, there is blood inside the shaft also. Horrible!!!!

Smart 09-22-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnadell (Post 14384050)
Your grouchiness is progressing nicely! I may accept you into the club at a premature age! lol :D

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

HTOWN 09-22-2019 07:48 PM

There's a gun shop in the country, with a huge sign on the door, says

DON'T WALK IN WITH MUD OR COWS%!T on your boots.
Guess they for tired of cleaning up the mess.

MagicBlade 09-22-2019 07:58 PM

I don't know what to say ...... some people are just stupid.

E.TX.BOWHUNTER 09-22-2019 09:10 PM

I clean mine when I get home. I may even use a puddle to pre clean it if there is one nearby. They are easy to clean while the blood is still wet.

Slew 09-23-2019 10:21 AM

I usually take the broadhead apart and remove the nock and clean it all up good before I clean the deer!