ASA Qualifier - 1st UP - Brazos County Archery Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASA Qualifier - 1st UP - Brazos County Archery Club

Brazos County Archery Club in Bryan will be hosting the first Texas ASA Federation qualifier of the year on January 21 - 22.

I hope Mike posts up his promotional spot because they are really good!

Traditional shooters may start at 9.
    All other shooters start at 10 am.

Shoot either day or both. If you shoot both, the first day will be your official score.

30 targets all with ASA scoring rings.

Concessions / food truck will be there!

I cant wait!!! Getting my 3d rig set up as we speak!!

Comment

Awesome! Can wait to see you!

Comment

See yall Sunday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

For those who are new to the Texas ASA Federation -

Generally, qualifiers are shotgun starts - 9 am for traditional classes and 10 am for all others. Trads may shoot with the compound shooters at 10.

You only have to shoot 1 day and you can pick the day. IF you want to shoot both days, the first day will be your official score for the qualifier --- unless you shoot for fun on both days.

The cost is $30. Part of the money goes to the club hosting, part goes to ASA, part goes to the Texas Federation for state championship awards and shooter of the year awards. The biggest part actually is returned to the shooters in CASH payouts.

There will be 30 targets for each class. Some clubs have 2 ranges - one for the pins shooters, which are generally shorter shots, and one for the open class shooters, which are generally longer ranges. The idea is to keep groups moving freely through the course.

Terra put together a pre-registration form ( LINK ). These will be updated each week for the next qualifiers. You fill this out online for each shooter and submit it. When you arrive on site, you go to the folders, pull your registrations, and proceed to the payment desk. It helps with the on site efficiency so we strongly encourage you to pre-register.

Most clubs will open their practice ranges at 8 or possibly 7:30 and they close registration at 9:45. This gives them a few minutes to prepare for the day's shoot themselves.

New ASA rules - all 45 yard and shorter classes have reduced speed limits of 280 (+ the 3% error = 288). There will be chronographs on site and we encourage you to chrono before the shoot starts so you can make adjustments as needed. If you are going to turn in an official score, you MUST have the SPEED on your official card.

While we are on scorecards - they MUST be legible, they must be signed by both the scorekeeper and shooter. We use a double scorekeeping system to help reduce errors and keep people honest.

There is now a 2 time let down rule. If you let down more than 2 times, your score for the target is a zero. The group is responsible for enforcing it and if they do not, each person in the group will receive a -5 on the target.

I can't think of any other major changes to the rules. If someone knows of one, please correct me.

The Texas Federation does a really good job at keeping the shoots fun, challenging, and running smooth. We always have a good time. We hope to see you at each qualifier this year!

Comment

Just to clarify...The preregistration is ONLY for the BCAC shoot at this time. There is a forms page on the TXASA website with the paper copy of the registration form for anyone who wants to print one. wwwtxasafederation.com

Comment

Can't wait

Comment

I have no clue what class im gonna shoot this year now..

I have been planning on going to 1-2 of the Pro am this year and planned on shooting hunter class again because Mathews paid good contingency last year. But i just saw the 2017 list and they are paying the new Hunter elite and not Hunter. I dont mind shooting hunter elite but if i do I wont have many people to shoot against in all of the Texas ASA shoots.. Last year at state only 3 people shot unlimited.

So now im trying to decide if I am shooting Hunter Elite, Open B or K45

Comment

Well i ordered a new scope and sight tonight. So it looks like its down to K45 or Open B

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    I have no clue what class im gonna shoot this year now..

I have been planning on going to 1-2 of the Pro am this year and planned on shooting hunter class again because Mathews paid good contingency last year. But i just saw the 2017 list and they are paying the new Hunter elite and not Hunter. I dont mind shooting hunter elite but if i do I wont have many people to shoot against in all of the Texas ASA shoots.. Last year at state only 3 people shot unlimited.

So now im trying to decide if I am shooting Hunter Elite, Open B or K45
                    I think that there will be more in hunter elite than unlimited. He will be a good class I think

Comment

Originally posted by mparks View Post
                      I think that there will be more in hunter elite than unlimited. He will be a good class I think

I decided today that Im either gonna shoot Open B or K45. Was planning on rigging up a open bow next year but this just sped it up. Trying to decide if i want to go the known or Unknown route in the future.

Comment

Open B is a fun class.

Comment

Well i ordered a new scope and sight tonight. So it looks like its down to K45 or Open B
                          Open B it is!

Comment

Are there payouts for the new K40 class?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Comment

I decided today that Im either gonna shoot Open B or K45. Was planning on rigging up a open bow next year but this just sped it up. Trying to decide if i want to go the known or Unknown route in the future.
                              I hope you go Open B!!! I don't want to shoot against you!! haha.. Just kidding you will hold your own in either of those classes.

Comment

Working...
                              X