What size trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size trailer

What size trailer do you guys recommend for a Kubota L4701 with Front End Loader? No goose neck.

What length, width, type would you recommend and what can I expect to pay for it?

Towing behind a Toyota Tundra 5.7l V8

Thanks

If you get a 20 foot bumper pull, you can put the tractor with a bush hog/shredder on it. That's what I have and I haul a 57 HP JD with FEL/Shredder... Shredder hangs off the back a bit, but yours should fit just fine... Trout Tire/Trailer in Porter...

http://trouttiretrailers.com/lowboy_trailers Link with trailers/pricing for various sizes...

Comment

Definitely go tandem 5k axles. I’d bet that rig with FEL and any attachments will push over 5k without much trouble. Tandem 3500s wouldn’t leave you much room once you factor in trailer weight to that.

Comment

I hate bumper pulls for hauling equipment, so I'm probably not the guy to ask, but I've had a lot of trailers. I would just run a 20' 83" wide with 7k axles. It's pretty easy to overload a 20' trailer with anything less than 7k axles. You're gonna pay in the high 3's for one. Maybe low 4's if all these trailer manufactures keep hiking the prices up.

Comment

Dealing with loading ramps is a PIA.
          Strongly consider a tilt bed tailer and you will never have to mess with loading ramps.

Comment

18 to 20 feet 83 inches wide....3500 lb duel axels minimum....12 v electric brakes on one axel...

Comment

I have the same tractor with an 18' trailer (forget how wide). My Tundra pulls it just fine but yeah the ramps are heavy. The brush hog hangs off the back a little but no big deal.

Comment

I would go 20-22 with 5-7K axles. I never used ramps loading mine on a bumper pull, but I think a 22 with 2 foot dovetail would be ideal.

Comment

A trailer is kinda like a shop building - can never really have too big...

20' with 5500lb axles for your tractor I think would work well and also do pretty much whatever else you may need. 20' is also nice for hauling longer pieces of steel, tin, rebar, etc.

Comment

Theres only 2 things in life that you can't have big enough....your trailer is one of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X