Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Creedmoor DO NOT BUY

Unless you've got a mile to shoot. Seriously... Click Here For Video

On another note had a sales person at Cabelas tell me the 6.5 Creedmoor has "terminal performance issues."
    It was at that point I pulled out my cell phone showing him 40 hogs I've dropped over the past years using 6 different bullets. Everyone of them efficiently dropping Texas boars from 25-315 lbs. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just informative in hopes he stops the myth of "poor terminal issues."

wow, impressive video!

Comment

most of the gun guys at sporting goods are lost most of the time. They only talk to try and impress people with BS!! Better know the true facts or your going to look silly when you run across a guy that really knows guns.

Comment

Went back and forth on the decision based on what people told me. Ended up with a grendel first, then got my 6.5 creedmor like a month or two later. Love it.

Comment

I just picked up a Howa 6.5. I haven't had the chance to kill anything with it, but on paper it shoots good. Whats your favorite 6.5 load for hogs? I got a box of hornady 143 grain ELD-X precision hunter.

Comment

I've always shot .30-06 or .270, but I've been shopping around for the 6.5Cm. I think either today or tomorrow I'll bite the bullet and buy one.

Comment

Comment

The 6.5 (in many flavors) is the best bullet I've seen on deer. We shoot 120 GMX's & TTSX's, 129 SSTs and 143 ELDx's. Terminal damage, fold ups, accuracy, recoil and recoveries are outstanding with the 6.5.

Comment

We teach long ranch precision rifle courses with 6.5 CM with factory match grade ammo from Hornady and Prime. We can consistently get hits on a full-size IPSC target out to 1 mile and slightly beyond. With custom loads even better. Keep in mind most of our shooting is at the ranch in Colorado at around 8500 ft of elevation. We aren't hitting transonic until a little over 1500 yards. The BC on those bullets is just so good. I hunt with my 6.5 cm too and its a killing SOB. About to buy one of the Remington 6.5 CM with the Magpul stock for my FIL for Christmas. It takes the 10 round Pmags and comes threaded for a suppressor. He can target shoot and hunt with it. We also shoot a lot of 6mm CM too. Faster round, great target round, but I don't think I would hunt much with it. Does great on prairie dogs though ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                    I just picked up a Howa 6.5. I haven't had the chance to kill anything with it, but on paper it shoots good. Whats your favorite 6.5 load for hogs? I got a box of hornady 143 grain ELD-X precision hunter.
                    That's what I went with as well. Heavy barrel. Good gun for the price.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Academy has an ad today for the Savage 10BA. $850 when you mail in a $150 rebate.

I shot 4 Red Stag with my CM in September. One was at 450 yards. One ran about 20 yards and the other 3 were DRT.

Comment

Originally posted by dustinhanna View Post
                        That's what I went with as well. Heavy barrel. Good gun for the price.
                        Awesome looking gun.

Comment

That popped up in my YouTube suggestion feed yesterday

I laughed hysterically at your summary

Been following your channel for a few years.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Man that is absolutely right 6.5 creedmoor is junk! Its not like sub-moa groups (10 7/8") at 1200 yards with a factory rifle and factory ammo is worth a crap or taking out a 200+ pound mule deer at 200 yds busting through both shoulders and dumping him where he stood is any good either. Definitely some terminal performance issues.
                            Attached Files

Comment

so my son shot his first buck this weekend with his new ruger 6.5 creedmoor. used the 125 gr deer xp ammo from academy as I didn't have any brass to work a load up yet with. the gun is a friggin tack driver for sure, but he shot a young 2.5 yr old 10 pt with a banged up hoof opening day. 75 yd shot and double lung, and there was almost NO blood. tiny entrance and exit hole just barely the size of the projectile, and it hit a rib going in and out. Luckily the deer only went about 50 yds, and we stumbled upon it fast, as the blood trail stopped literally feet from the feeder. now, I'm not blaming it on the caliber of the gun, but that deer XP bullet left something to be desired for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X