Cigar recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigar recommendations

My wife bought me a humidor for my birthday and I have no idea what to put in it. I’m not a cigar expert but have smoked a quite a few. My favorite was a Ashton Maduro. Any ideas about what I should buy that might be similar to the Ashton? I did a search but you guys are way over my head in cigar knowledge. Thanks for the feedback!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only COHIBA, Macanudo, and Partagas for me the last 24 years.

I'll be watching this thread for new suggestions.

Comment

Watching!

Comment

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ighlight=Cigar

Comment

Thank you brother, that is what I was going to do.

Comment

Thanks Cajun, but that thread is mostly about what others like. I was really looking for suggestions on what I might like based upon my liking of the Ashton’s. Though I’m open to any suggestions.
            Gotta admit though, I didn’t read all the 8k posts! [emoji23]

Comment

So, I’ve delved into and begun to greatly enjoy more boutique cigars. Crowned Heads, My Father, Black Label Trading Co, Nomad, Espinosa and La Polina are some of my favorite brands. Looks like you are in the Metroplex...check out Underground Cigars in Ft Worth or look them up online. Huge selection and vast amount of cigar knowledge.

Comment

Im in the same boat but ive found baccarats to be my favorite, they are very consistent and can be had for hnder $5 a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                  So, I’ve delved into and begun to greatly enjoy more boutique cigars. Crowned Heads, My Father, Black Label Trading Co, Nomad, Espinosa and La Polina are some of my favorite brands. Looks like you are in the Metroplex...check out Underground Cigars in Ft Worth or look them up online. Huge selection and vast amount of cigar knowledge.

Actually I have moved from DFW to little Tahlequah, Oklahoma so I will probably be ordering online. Thank you for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by howzitbra View Post
                    Actually I have moved from DFW to little Tahlequah, Oklahoma so I will probably be ordering online. Thank you for the input.

Check em out. If you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Comment

I have always enjoyed the Arturo Fuente brand. Everything from the 8-5-8 to Hemingway and the Opus X.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                        I have always enjoyed the Arturo Fuente brand. Everything from the 8-5-8 to Hemingway and the Opus X.

Ok thanks!!!

Comment

There are so many questions to ask before I can make a recommendation. What do you drink while you smoke? Do you like spicy or sweet food? Do you like full flavor of light smoke? A ton more...

My favorite of all time is Partagas Series D #4 (PSD4) but I have friends who aren’t as big of fans. I also really like lonsdales and lancers because they are more of the leaf flavor than filler. Best thing is to order a bunch and try everything

Dr said I can’t smoke anymore after 3 throat surgeries at 33 so I’ll sell you all that I have left to fill up you humi

Comment

I haven’t had yours. But if you like a Maduro, you like something with some flavor. My number one go to cigar is a Man O War Ruination. Look it up on Cigar.com. My go to site is Cigarbid.com because I watch the prices, but the other site has a good reviewer following.

Also, there are so many things to learn about cigars. If you want to do it right, google proper seasoning of your humidor and how to keep them good. It’s worth it if ya want to do it right. Have fun, and PM if ya have any questions. I don’t know it all, but will help where I can.
                            Last edited by ON THE EDGE; 08-11-2018, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Alec Bradley Black Market is a great, consistent stick and is smooth

Comment

Working...
                              X