Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to adjust draw length on Redhead Toxik? (diamond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to adjust draw length on Redhead Toxik? (diamond)

I get how to do it in 1" increments... remove the numbered bolt and the one on the bottom of the module, pivot it to the position you want after loosening the third, then put the screws back in.

However, I want to go down from 28" to 27.5". Not to 27. I keep hearing it can be changed 1/2" at a time. Anyone know how to go down only a half inch?

Also, how do I know where to set the draw stop after changing the draw length?

I've googled the crap out of it, looked at all the diamond manuals (none describe the PLA module), and can't find anything. Bow didn't come with a manual. Here are pictures of the module.

Watch as you move the module to the 27 inch position.There may be a set of holes halfway between the 28 and 27 set.
    To set the draw-stop, start short by moving it a full mark(or more)shorter,(lower number) and fine-tune by adjusting for feel(let-off), but make sure the draw-stop contacts limb before or exactly the same time the cable contacts the axle.

Comment

Played with it some. No intermediate positions. I can only adjust it in 1" increments. I'm guessing the additional 1/2" is by using the draw stop and decreased let off. I tried 27 when I first got it, and it was too short. I'll stick with 28 I think and maybe shorten my release some or make a smaller D loop. I can bend my elbow when I draw (or lock it out)...so I just need to remember to give it a little bend especially when I'm hunting...gotta make it muscle memory. When I do get slap, on my wrist as I hold the bow it's between the string and cables at rest...with a short brace height, I don't know if there's much I can do about that.

Comment

I have a 27.5" draw and my Techunter (Diamond) is currently set at 27". I then adjusted my draw stop to gain the extra .5" I guess. My draw stop is in between the 5 and 6 mark.

Comment

Set it at 27, and adjust draw-stop to 80%(correctly) than get to an archery shop and have them put 4 twists in the cable, lengthening DL,increasing let-off, and increasing poundage.
          I've never shot factory length strings, always twisted and tweaked until my bow was 'right' for me, and got the best performance.
          A good archery shop should have an accurate DL arrow to check actual DL when finished.

Comment

Working...
          X