Moultrie hog light review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moultrie hog light review.

How are they , how bright, battery life?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Have one of those. Battery life depends on how u set up times on it to come on stay on and go off. Depends on how u set up to shine, pointing down or on a post pointing sideways as to how good u can see the critters. Mine is set up under my feeder and lights up bout 30 ft circle. I hunt bout 25 to 30 yards from my feeder so I can see pretty good. Fairly good for the money. Uses 4 c batteries.

Comment

I purchased one recently and have used it two nights set on twilight. I have used it on low and it is pretty darn bright. Enough for me to see well in a tree stand 30 yards from feeder.

I forgot it at the feeder and the 4 C batteries were dead on my visit back two weeks later. It has a plug for a 6 volt charging system they have, but I am going to try making a feeder battery/charger setup to see if that works. And maybe a remote and relay setup.

Compared to other options out there, I think its worth the money.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post

You’re gonna spend around $100 maybe a bit less

Save yourselves some headaches and increase your versatility and success rate, by buying a bow/gun light from the Sniper Hog Lights guys for the same money. Oh and never buy green lights. Use red.

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
            I purchased one recently and have used it two nights set on twilight. I have used it on low and it is pretty darn bright. Enough for me to see well in a tree stand 30 yards from feeder.

I forgot it at the feeder and the 4 C batteries were dead on my visit back two weeks later. It has a plug for a 6 volt charging system they have, but I am going to try making a feeder battery/charger setup to see if that works. And maybe a remote and relay setup.

J
            So it is set to accept a solar panel?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

If you mount it on a hanging feeder, the wind moving the feeder will cause it to come on if you have it set to motion. I've had deer and hogs not pay attention to it, then I've had em both spook also. I set it to dim and covered about half of the lights with electrical tape a couple months ago just to give me enough light to see silhouettes. Hogs still wouldn't come in. I also didn't give them time to get used to it, that helps!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one that I use occasionally. It took a few weeks but deer and hogs started to ignore it. Best to get rechargeable batteries and put a solar panel on it. Leave it for the dusk setting so it stays on at dark. The motion tended to spook them. Another option is to just buy 2 or three solar driveway lights and put red tint on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  You’re gonna spend around $100 maybe a bit less

Save yourselves some headaches and increase your versatility and success rate, by buying a bow/gun light from the Sniper Hog Lights guys for the same money. Oh and never buy green lights. Use red.
                  Curious about never green only red lights?

Comment

Working...
                  X