Camp carver in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp carver in the works

Finally got back at it after a long, cold, rainy, and busy winter. This is one that I started out as a camp knife, but kinda evolved it into a carver. What do you guys think?

Here is the next in line.

Well, here she is. I think it turned out nice. Got a nice taper and a super sharp edge. I love that spalted oak. Wish I had more of it. Was gonna keep this one for myself, but I don't cook enough to justify hangin onto it.

Comment

Very nice sir, I like the palm swell. Is that some of Faron's splat?

Comment

That is awesome. The skinner i bought from you is still being abused and keeps on ticking. Sure this one is just as awesome.

Comment

Wait is it for sale?

Comment

That is a very nice looking knife

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
              Very nice sir, I like the palm swell. Is that some of Faron's splat?
              This one has a really nice fit in either hand. Would keep it for myself if I didnt need the money for other stuff.

Faron did the stabilizing, but the wood came from my own yard. Its the same stuff you got from him. Found it in my firewood rack of all places. Was cut from a tree I lost in the 2011 drought.

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              That is awesome. The skinner i bought from you is still being abused and keeps on ticking. Sure this one is just as awesome.
              Thats what I like to hear Mike. Glad its holding up well for you.

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              Wait is it for sale?
              Not on here. Had to let my associate sponsorship lapse due to lack of production. Gotta build up some stock and sell a few over on my facebook page to raise the money to buy another sponsorship.

Originally posted by Dink Dodger View Post
              That is a very nice looking knife
              Thanks.

Comment

It's nice that every once in a while we make a knife for ourselves... that one is a beauty.

Comment

I have only ever made 2 knives that I kept. The first one I kept, obviously, and I only built one other for myself with no intention to sell. There have been several that I thought about keeping because they were so nice, but I always end up having to sell them to cover other costs.

Comment

Working...
                  X