Roy Moore....Repubelickin' hit job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Moore....Repubelickin' hit job?

I don't know much about the guy other than, he is supposedly an anti-establishment type politician. I find it strange, the outpouring of condemnation coming from "his" Party waaaay before proof is positive. I'm thinking, this is a warning shot to any prospective anti-establishment folks planning to primary a sitting candidate.

Thoughts?

this is what I was thinking, they (repubs) don't want another outsider in their little club. saw mitch mcconell this morning calling for him to step down. looks like the repubs have pulled all funding from him also.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
      I don't know much about the guy other than, he is supposedly an anti-establishment type politician. I find it strange, the outpouring of condemnation coming from "his" Party waaaay before proof is positive. I'm thinking, this is a warning shot to any prospective anti-establishment folks planning to primary a sitting candidate.

Thoughts?

Probably exactly what it is.
      They condemn a man with absolutely no proof over 40 yr old allegations but have nothing to say about the apparent long history of the sexual harassment
      among their current and past members

Comment

X4

The story that Moore flirted with a teenage waitress at her place of work. Then picked her up and raped her in the parking lot out back. Makes precisely zero logical sense. If these victims dont file an actual police report, and just slam the guy in public, it really speaks to the ultimate goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post

Thoughts?

Because its no secret that what he was doing for all these years.
          You see the openness of which folks from Eutaw are saying "water is wet. This is nothing new to us."

These politixans don't go on tv spouting stuff without proof.

Do they?

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
            this is what I was thinking, they (repubs) don't want another outsider in their little club. saw mitch mcconell this morning calling for him to step down. looks like the repubs have pulled all funding from him also.
            How is this guy the establishment pick when trump is anti establishment and trump stumped for Luther?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
              X4

The story that Moore flirted with a teenage waitress at her place of work. Then picked her up and raped her in the parking lot out back. Makes precisely zero logical sense. If these victims dont file an actual police report, and just slam the guy in public, it really speaks to the ultimate goal.

LoL this was40 years ago when folks from lil ol towns in alabammer didn't even know what folks west of New Orleans were doing.

Even today you have girls being forced into sex slavery and not telling a soul.

Happens all the time.

Do you recall how the catholic priest thing stayed under wraps for decades?

I heard on the news this morning that $15million have been spent of tax payer dollars has been spent on settling sexual assault cases of elected congressmen but cases are sealed.

That's a lot of assaulting going on unreported

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Probably exactly what it is.
                They condemn a man with absolutely no proof over 40 yr old allegations but have nothing to say about the apparent long history of the sexual harassment
                among their current and past members
                Trump and Bill both got ran through the ringer.
                Larry Craigh?
                Plenty of guys get it,but not enough.
                Last edited by texansfan; 11-15-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Is it a hit job? Absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised if McConnell leaked it to the press himself.
                  BUT...
                  Is Roy Moore a creepy pervert who was hitting up 14 year olds as a 30 something man? Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                    LoL this was 40 years ago when folks from lil ol towns in alabammer didn't even know what folks west of New Orleans were doing.
                    Does this make sense to you? He was gonna rape a teenager, but then just gave up?

And the million dollar questions. 40 years ago, in Alabamber or Nohlins, were there safety locks, or electronic locks in cars, you know where you could lock someone in. Or was it more, you know, you just pull the lock up to unlock the door?

Nelson said she was waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up from work one night when Moore offered to give her a ride home.

"I trusted Mr. Moore because he was a district attorney," Nelson said.

When Nelson got in Moore's car, she said he drove behind the restaurant and parked near a dumpster instead of taking her home. Nelson said Moore groped her and tried to force her head onto his crotch. Nelson says she yelled and tried to leave the car, but Moore locked the door.

"I was not going to allow him to force me to have sex with him," Nelson said. "I was terrified. I thought he was going to rape me. At some point, he gave up."
                    Attached Files

Comment

Depends how you define hit job. Obviously somebody went looking for these women and got them to tell their stories. Many establishment Republicans don't like him but it was more likely the dem-supporting media trying to damage him. Are they telling the truth? Remember, we all believed the women who came forward with similar stories - some decades later - about Bill Clinton. I tend to use Occam's Razor on this one (the principle that of any given set of explanations, it likely that the simplest one is correct) So did 5 women just pop up out of nowhere and invent these stories - or are they true? Hmmm.... I will admit that charges of this kind are almost impossible to defend yourself against. I think they are most likely true but I didn't like the guy even before this. He was removed from the AL Supreme Court twice for defying SCOTUS rulings he didn't agree with. There is nothing "conservative" about not obeying the rule of law. He may say he is just standing up for his religious beliefs and that makes some people cheer, but a high-ranking elected official cannot pick and choose which duly enacted laws he will enforce or ignore. Trump did not back him and that should speak volumes - at least to Trump supporters. The fact that he dresses like Woody from Toy Story and waves a gun around at his speeches is a bit off-putting too.
                      Last edited by jerp; 11-15-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                        Does this make sense to you? He was gonna rape a teenager, but then just gave up?

And the million dollar questions. 40 years ago, in Alabamber or Nohlins, were there safety locks, or electronic locks in cars, you know where you could lock someone in. Or was it more, you know, you just pull the lock up to unlock the door?

Nelson said she was waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up from work one night when Moore offered to give her a ride home.

"I trusted Mr. Moore because he was a district attorney," Nelson said.

When Nelson got in Moore's car, she said he drove behind the restaurant and parked near a dumpster instead of taking her home. Nelson said Moore groped her and tried to force her head onto his crotch. Nelson says she yelled and tried to leave the car, but Moore locked the door.

"I was not going to allow him to force me to have sex with him," Nelson said. "I was terrified. I thought he was going to rape me. At some point, he gave up."

You don't think a 32 year olds man can't subdue a 14 year old GIRL?
                        C'mon man.
                        Nobody is coming out in this guys favor saying that "he's a good guy, he'd never do that"

Instead, you hear every one...NORMAL PEOPLE... saying yeah, he's creepy. Likes preteens.

He has not a single person backing him up.
                        Ppl are only questioning the accusers motive.

That's not a good defense.

Of I was accused folks would laugh and say "he likes them a bit long in the tooth" grandmothers not grandbabies

Comment

Even Hannity is turning on him now after that interview. Rumors are Bannon is about to distance from him too.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            He has not a single person backing him up.
                            There are precisely no facts in your post. None. Just speculation.

I can give you facts, I cant learn them for you.

So you got nothing on the car locks. And nothing on why the victims wont file an actual police report. And nothing on why a guy would rape a teenager behind her place of business, that he was just seen in. Got it.

How you looked into the politics of the accusers, hint: they arent the same as Moore's.

Kayla Moore, Roy Moore’s wife, in an exclusive statement to yesterday, told us that “The Washington Post has been calling and harassing our friends and family, trying to find garbage. We’ve had people back home telling us they are getting phone calls and when they would tell them good things, the Washington Post would ask them if they knew anything bad on him.”
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              Even Hannity is turning on him now after that interview. Rumors are Bannon is about to distance from him too.
                              Hannity is just trying to avoid a mass exodus of his advertisers, I imagine. He's a lot more committed to his brand and his business than he is conservative principles, I'm afraid.

I imagine there is some truth to the stories of Moore flirting with and hitting on underage girls back in the 70s. I would bet large sums of money that the story about the girl being locked in the car and/or some of the others are just made up last minute smear attempts by the Democrats and maybe even the establishment Republicans (same bunch of people behind closed doors anyway). It smells, no matter which way you look at it.

Best outcome would be for Moore to win the election, resign, and let the Republican governor of AL appoint a real conservative (hopefully) to replace him. I won't hold my breath for Moore to resign if he wins, but that'd be the best outcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X