On Site Sewage Facility (septic) Adding Sprinkler Heads Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Site Sewage Facility (septic) Adding Sprinkler Heads Question

We are on an aerobic septic system and we currently have three sprinkler heads the area where the heads are located is constantly a mud pit. I was talking to a co-worker and he mentioned just adding more heads and it would help distribute the water over a larger area, seems simple enough.

So my question to any of you septic professionals, is it as easy as adding more heads and I'm good to go, or does this impact the license for the design of the system?

I would think you would have to amend your permit if you have one.

Comment

Don’t ask don’t tell.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
        Don’t ask don’t tell.
        Mine are on a valve where I can switch them around to different areas. 3 or 4 here for a few days then 3 or 4 there. I just woke up one day and found it like that. Must have been the Easter Bunny or something.

Comment

If you self inspect I would just add them but if you have to hire it to get inspected I do believe you would have to document/amend to your system. I live a very rural area but the system had to get approved by the local water authorities. This occurred about a year ago and it was for a new house system.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            Mine are on a valve where I can switch them around to different areas. 3 or 4 here for a few days then 3 or 4 there. I just woke up one day and found it like that. Must have been the Easter Bunny or something.
            Crazy rabbit...I think he's coming by here tomorrow...

Comment

Good idea here.

Comment

Hmmm!

Comment

Working...
                X