Does anybody shoot 6mm remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody shoot 6mm remington

I've been working up a load for this Ruger M77 Mk II in 6mm remington.
    Seems to be a little finicky, it didn't like Nosler Ballistic Tip Hunting 95 gr.
    Didn't like Hornady 95 gr. SST.
    But finally with some Sierra 100 gr. SBT Gameking I found a load she likes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have one that i passed down to my daugther, i gotta say its never let me down on a hunt, my daugther has loves it !!!!.... i tried to get it back from her and got a NO WAY answer in return...but i really love the caliber and might look into buying another one.

Comment

remington 6mm likes the hornady SST 95g

Comment

Originally posted by mexecodog View Post
        Mine does to. It also like the Remington Core Loks as well, I got a smokin deal on about 200 rounds in the Classifieds a while back!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

try 43 grains of "4320" and a 87 grain spitzer..
          or IMR 4831 and 46.8 grains of powder..
          straight out of uncles reloading book.. I got all info from his hand load books I now have.

it was loads for a model 700 remy bolt..
          hope this helps..

Comment

[QUOTE=Shake N' Bake;12708381]Mine does to. It also like the Remington Core Loks as well, I got a smokin deal on about 200 rounds in the Classifieds a while back!

After you got the new stuff, I found about 150 rounds of handloads in a box 2 weeks ago, lol...
            I am still unpacking ammo. now up to 6 -30 gal totes of ammo from the estate..

Comment

My wife loves her 6mm. We've been lucky finding ammo at Gibson's in Kerrville.

Comment

Originally posted by mexecodog View Post
                Hornady SST 95 gr. did group better than the Nosler but my best group was 1.25".
                I gave up after finishing off the first box of 100 Hornady and got lucky after trying 5 different loads with the Sierra!

Comment

Have it in an '83 Mdl Seven with 18.5' barrel. Handloaded a bunch for it. Never improved on the already tight groups with Corelock in 100 gr. I left it alone after that and bought 8 boxes off the shelf.

Comment

Great little cartridge.

Comment

I have one that my dad bought back in the 80s. I am letting my son use it. I love it. Knocks down deer and not your shoulder.

Comment

I have always shot the hornady 100gr custom shop out of my ruger 6mm. I guess they don't make them anymore. It didn't like the 95 gr as much. Hoping the 100 gr corelocks work well. That rifle has been a tack driver for over 20 years for me.

Comment

If it shoots the Sierra 100 SBT like that, then it is all you need. Good bullet, I wouldn't look any further.

Comment

I have two 6mm that like a good dose of IMR4350 and 100gr Sierras.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                              If it shoots the Sierra 100 SBT like that, then it is all you need. Good bullet, I wouldn't look any further.
                              Yes sir, I think I'll stop right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X