Outfitter thread help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outfitter thread help!!!

Ok there was a thread not long ago about a guy who know to be a scam artist. I can't find the thread and I remember something about him working for some hunting and fishing club. Could some one help me find it or give me some info because I'm dad is looking into some club and it sounds a lot like there deal. Don't want him to get screwed over in this deal.

Cory Anderson

Comment

I think he may be involved in some new N. Texas venture that includes exotics. D something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's called DWE Hunt Club. You can search his name here and see the threads.

Comment

Yep this f'n guy.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that is the one. I still haven't seen him scam anyone and I've sold probably 20 or 30 hunts for him so far, and went on about 10 myself.

Comment

Outfitter thread help!!!

I like the craigslist ad he's running right now.
              Says he has somebody being investigated for slander
              Seems legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I met him using a different name.

Comment

I have two friends out of Ft. Worth that got bent over by him on a supposed duck lease....

Comment

Is this the same one with axis "hunts" that are actually shooting a penned up axis?

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
                      I met him using a different name.
                      What was the name he gave you?

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                      Is this the same one with axis "hunts" that are actually shooting a penned up axis?
                      I shot one of the Axis. They're not exactly "penned up" anymore than any other High Fence hunt could be considered. It was not an easy hunt, just like a lot of HF places aren't contrary to public belief.

I've got to eat my own words here. I defended the guy just like I would any other person I considered a friend. I shot some great animals through him. I won't deny either of those facts. But, he lied and deceived me, along with about 10 others people I've been in contact with since we figured out this guy is a scammer. I wanted to withhold our experiences until there was a resolution. This will be long winded because there is a bunch to say, as well as a bunch I left out to keep it as short as can possibly be. So, here is my story...

We purchased 3 Whitetail deer hunts @ $2,400.00 per hunt from Cory/DWE back at the beginning of March. We had been on a hunt with DWE at that point and felt fairly confident that we would be treated right on the WTs because of our success on that first hunt. Cory showed us pictures of the bucks we were buying, told us he immediately would be applying our deposits on those bucks so nobody else could claim them.

March goes by, we go on a few more hunts with DWE in various places that Cory has access to. We take some great animals, at some great rates. We ignore all the negative stuff surrounding Cory. We defend him as friends of his often do. He is treating us right up until this point, what else can we expect right?

April rolls around and we are feeling confident. But, this is where things start to change and our internal "BS meters" start to go off so to speak. We started helping DWE guide hunts, by Cory's request. As friends we helped him numerous times as seen below:

- Went to our regular jobs for a full day, hop in our trucks, drive an hour to one of Cory's leased high fence properties, and help guide his hunters.

- Us hauling $250K worth of Tractors/Implements over an hour to prep/plant his fields on trade so him and his duck hunters can benefit. Which isn't easy or cheap since some of the implements used simply aren't designed to be on the road any further than you have to.

- Dart his animals with medicine to get rid of an eye disease they're all passing around to one another. With the agreement he would pay $1,600.00 for the work, which not a single penny has been paid at this point.

None of us were paid a single penny for any of that work. "Hooking us up" on animals is somehow supposed to be a form of payment with him I guess. We were promised tip money to cover fuel and some of our time. That never happened. Excuse after excuse led to us helping out a "friend" then getting stiffed. It seemed like most of the hunts we helped with had some element of deceit surrounding them which yielded a different excuse from Cory every time. Some examples are:

- Claiming more acreage to hunt on than was actually true.

- Claiming to have more of a species of animal than was true. Then kicking the people off his property because they got upset they were lied to.

- Claiming to have fresh water and electricity readily available on the property. (Which could have actually been a miscommunication since there was a language barrier between the hunters and Cory.)

- Posting on social media that a certain animal would be #1 in the world, or your money back. Then, the animal not actually being #1.

- Posting animals on social media as "aggressive" and needing to be harvested, all while videos circulated of a guide petting the animal and scratching under it's chin more than once.

By the end of April we begin to get worried about the money we've already paid and if we were ever going to get the WTs we purchased. We've gained the perspective of how this place operates internally. So, we ask Cory for an update. For those of you that pick up on behavior patterns really fast you probably already guess it but.... here comes another EXCUSE. Allegedly, there was a miscommunication between Cory and the seller on the payment schedule and he lost the deer due to not making the second round of payments. So, now Cory has our $7,200.00 and doesn't have any deer to show for it. After all the above happened, we decided it was best to maintain our friendship while not spending anymore money with DWE until the result of the WT hunt played out. Which turned out to be the best decision we made throughout this process, unbeknownst to us at that point.

May goes by without any resolution. June goes by, same story. July starts and 2.5 month have passed since the unfortunate "miscommunication" with the first WT seller, so we inquire again on the search for new WT. We are in luck, another seller has been found. Here is pictures of your new set of Deer. I guess Cory forgot we've hunted WTs our entire lives, and still do. It was 100% obvious the pictures we received were of Deer that had finished growing their velvet and were very close to shedding, at the beginning of July. We immediately called BS on those pics and things went downhill immediately. Myself and one of the other hunters went from being friends with Cory to enemies by the end of July, all because we called him out on the pictures. While 1 of the 3 hunters remained cautiously friends with Cory. Since we felt like we had been lied to, we requested a refund on the deposits. All we wanted to do was be done with the situation. Get our refunds and remain friends. Just chalk up this experience to a bad sequence of events. But, Cory felt it was necessary to tell us, "We'd better run if he sees in public. Because he is going to kick our butts(To put things nicely)" and "Come over to my house and get your deposits so I can kick all your *butts* before you get your refund." All over us calling out something that was obviously BS on his part.

August goes by with more drama. Cory tells us we HAVE to shoot them because he already put our deposits on other Deer. Then, we can't shot and he is sending a refund, flip flopping back to we have to shoot the Deer. Which to us was code talk for, I already spent your deposits on Exotics and cannot refund you. That's when the next obvious lie came about. We received pictures of another breeder, M3 Whitetails, bucks being claimed as bucks Cory had put deposits on to hunt. We all follow that same FB page. I don't know how Cory expected us not to call BS on those photos as well. That enrages Cory even more. At this point the verbal threats continued and intensified.

The month of September starts. It is getting close to the deadline to move WTs in the state of Texas, which I believe is either the 15th or 19th. This is the first time I have hunted a HF Whitetail so I admittedly am not fully educated on the rules regarding moving them. The drama and verbal threats still continue to the point where we flat out demand our deposits back, otherwise we explore legal options. Cory switches back to giving back deposits mode. Cory begins back on the, come get your deposits face to face so I can kick your *butts*. We tell him we will not come to his house and pickup our refunds setting ourselves up for a verbal/physical altercation. It is pretty obvious he is wanting to cause one, on his property, so he controls the narrative on what happened. From a legal standpoint, and under the advice of our Attorney, it looks really bad for us to go onto someone's property to meet face to face with such a volatile person like Cory Anderson. So, we send him wiring instructions on where to refund the money. The refund never arrives. We start getting picture of new Deer around September 6th, a little more than a week before the deadline to move deer in Texas. This time everything looks and seems legit. We are happy that the drama is almost over. All we ever wanted from this situation is our deposits back, or the Deer. We just want the verbal threats and cursing us out to stop and get away from this individual. Unfortunately, it got worse before it got better.....

To be continued. Part 2 to follow once I get time to sit down and write it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                        I like the craigslist ad he's running right now.
                        Says he has somebody being investigated for slander
                        Seems legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        He won't have anyone investigated for slander. Having very close knowledge of this person for the past 6 months. I have heard the slander threat thrown out at least 20x by Cory. 0 of them were actually true. He has even threatened me with that 10x now. The problem is, what people are saying actually has to be untrue. You have to meet the criteria for slander. This threat is simply used as a scare tactic.

Comment

Part 2:

Once pics of the deer started coming in. We gained back a little confidence we would get our Deer. Everyone was happy. It was a tough road, but we are finally seeing some results. The Seller of the Whitetails came out to do an inspection of the property we were going to hunt. As is true Cory Anderson fashion, he was unprepared. This was supposed to be an area without any exotics, and free of debris that could potentially harm the Whitetails once they were released. Cory had nothing short of 50 Aoudad, 15 Rams, and some other various exotics on the place. Also, there was a huge pile of exposed metal and various other trash items scattered around the property. Big fail. Whitetails won't be delivered and there is 3 days to get the place cleaned up and cleared of other animals. We loaned one of Cory's guides a cutting torch to remove the metal. The property got cleaned up like was requested. Only problem is there was almost 100 exotic animals with no place to go. The last day to ship Whitetails came and went. He never removed the exotics. No Deer were sent to DWE property. So, out of the kindness of the Whitetail Sellers heart he turned the Deer out in his big turnout pen and agreed to let us hunt them there at his location. We can't thank Hank at CC Bar Whitetails for doing this. This man did every single thing in his power to make sure we got our Deer and went home happy.

We didn't hunt opening weekend of Bow season due to being at out ranch hunting free range Whitetails. We decided to take off Wednesday-Sunday to get two of the 3 deer out of the way. Wednesday was a longgg hard sit. A shot was finally presented for one of the hunters about 5 mins before the end of legal shooting light. A perfect shot was made and a quick recovery.

We were all ecstatic and ready to get after buck #2 the next day. That next day we hunt until about 9:30AM when Cory decides he doesn't want me to harvest my buck. So, he calls the owner of CC Bar Whitetails, whose land we are hunting on at this point, and tells him we need to all immediately leave. After driving 2.5hrs to Texarkana. Booking a hotel room for 2 night. Getting my hopes up I'd get to finally shoot my buck. Cory yanks the rug out from under me. He also told the 3rd guy he couldn't shoot his buck after he made me leave. Immediately there is a post that goes up on the DWE page advertising two bucks for sale. For more than we were paying. So, I assume Cory decided he would use our deposits for 6 months, then sell the hunts later down the road to someone else. Excellent business practice on his part. To say I was upset would be an understatement.

The way this all played out did not sit well with the owner of CC Bar. He needed the bucks gone to get on with his day to day life of running a Breeding operation. He got excuse after excuse from Cory until he finally got fed up with the dishonesty. He told Cory that he, nor his guides, were welcome on CC Bar property anymore and sent a refund for the 2 bucks remaining. Hank's first call was to me asking if we would still be interested in the Bucks. Well, heck yea we would. So, this past weekend we went down and got our Bucks after a long hard battle. The fact we got our bucks, along with the fact we met some truly good people along the way made this all worth it in the end. So, before someone uses DWE Hunt Club think about this story. I know the prices are "stupid deals" as he calls them. But, there is distinct reason this guy has to make those type deals.

My Buck

My Buddies Buck

Comment

good lord, that's an ordeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                              good lord, that's an ordeal.
                              That is an understatement. It has caused a bunchhhh of stress on all of us. But, we deserved it for believing in this guy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X