TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Traditional (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fletching glue to seal a wound. :) (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648788)

Junkers88 06-08-2017 05:52 PM

Fletching glue to seal a wound. :)

Going through my goodie box and pulled a broadhead out to mount it on a shaft and I fumbled it. Instead of letting it drop I grabbed for it and cut myself deeply on my left thumb. Small cut but it wouldn't stop bleeding so I ran some fletching glue into it to stop the flow. Works as good as the military issued stuff I had in the Army. :)

Richard.

Whosure 06-08-2017 06:21 PM

Who'd a thunk it

RickBarbee 06-08-2017 06:28 PM

I use super glue on wounds all the time.

Just recently had a sawsall blade punch me to the bone in the palm below the thumb of my left hand. Had to apply pressure to stop the bleeding.

Cleaned it with alcohol, and glued it closed & sealed with locktite super glue. Worked like a charm.

Rick

Bowtech38 06-08-2017 07:08 PM

Man that super glue burns though.

RickBarbee 06-08-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowtech38 (Post 12490239)

LOL, you got that right, but that just leads me to believe it's also a good antiseptic. :D

Rick

Junkers88 06-08-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBarbee (Post 12490254)
LOL, you got that right, but that just leads me to believe it's also a good antiseptic. :D

Rick

;)b

Gummi Bear 06-08-2017 08:22 PM

Yup, super glue works great. PVC glue will work also in a pinch.

DRT 06-08-2017 08:51 PM

Is is just me or is that lad a bit accident prone? [emoji54] [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Junkers88 06-08-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRT (Post 12490504)

Yeah..... This is the second time I've cut myself with a broadhead. In my defense though it was two different broadheads. ;)

Richard.

DRT 06-08-2017 10:06 PM

Well at least they're sharp. [emoji106]

WhiplashTX 06-08-2017 10:39 PM

I've used super glue several times I should have had stiches and any fast acting glue should work. It should be noted that if you have a deep puncture wound that you don't want to completely seal the opening so that it can drain.

RickBarbee 06-08-2017 10:44 PM

Here's a trick I learned about using the super glue to close & seal a wound.

As soon as you get the glue applied how you want it, run some water over it.
Makes it set up real hard, real quick.

I have saved myself a trip to the ER, and stitches countless times doing this.

Rick

Briar Friar 06-17-2017 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBarbee (Post 12490859)
Here's a trick I learned about using the super glue to close & seal a wound.

As soon as you get the glue applied how you want it, run some water over it.
Makes it set up real hard, real quick.

I have saved myself a trip to the ER, and stitches countless times doing this.

Rick

Duly noted. Normally Im a duct or electrical taperer...after making/allowing the cut to bleed profusely to push out foreign organisms. Cayenne pepper is a blood coagulant, anti bacterial, pain tolerance increaser...leaves a wicked scar.

DRT 06-17-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briar Friar (Post 12512520)
Duly noted. Normally Im a duct or electrical taperer...after making/allowing the cut to bleed profusely to push out foreign organisms. Cayenne pepper is a blood coagulant, anti bacterial, pain tolerance increaser...leaves a wicked scar.

That's hard core.

Ronnie 06-17-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRT (Post 12490504)

Who? Richard or Rick ?? :)

Fuzzy Dog 06-17-2017 08:21 PM

Had a surgeon one time tell me that the difference between surgical glue and super glue was about $25 a bottle.

DRT 06-17-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie (Post 12512709)
Who? Richard or Rick ?? :)

In the contex of this thread, Richard. But who knows what the future holds. [emoji23]

DRT 06-17-2017 08:29 PM

We all have our "oh ****" moments.

jbgoodstok 06-28-2017 09:03 AM

When I worked in the clinic we used it all the time to close lacerations etc. Called it "skin tight" and what's his name was right about 25-30 dollars a fraction of an oz vs store prices - hmmm Costs a lot to sterilize antobiotic chemicals that ecoli couldent live in - hmmm again - lol

DTala 06-29-2017 08:58 PM

I cut my right leg off one time and superglued it back on....:D

LOL, well almost. I was helping a friend cut trees off his house a couple of days after Katrina hit NO. We were just north of NO, across the lake. I cut a small twisted sapling and it grabbed the saw and swung it into my right thigh. The cut was to the bone and 7-8" long.

Nowhere to go so I cut the shredded tissue off clean, rinsed it out with 4-5 different things:eek:, and cleaned out the debris. I then superglued inside, waited 20 min and superglued the top side. Placed butterfly strips, bandaged, and back to work. It never even got a lil red, and healed with almost no scar.

Superglue is good stuff.

cajuntec 07-02-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowtech38 (Post 12490239)

That's a bonus - Keeps you from passing out. Wakes you up quick! :D

I keep a tube of super glue in my emergency kit for exactly this reason.

Years ago, I was driving T-Posts in an area about 30 minutes and through a usually-dry / sometimes slightly wet creek bed away from civilization (weak to no cell phone coverage most of the time). I pulled the T-Post driver up too far and it came off the T-Post and directly into my forehead. :D After the stars stopped spinning and I got my feet back under me, I reached up and felt my head. Bleeding pretty good from a gash in my head - right at the hairline. Cleaned it up with some wet-wipes I had in the glove compartment, super-glued it shut, and went back to the T-Posts driving.

Good stuff.

All the best,
Glenn

M.E.B. 07-02-2017 06:15 PM

Well I have found out I am not the only one..............

RickBarbee 07-04-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTala (Post 12542036)
I cut my right leg off one time and superglued it back on....:D

LOL, well almost. I was helping a friend cut trees off his house a couple of days after Katrina hit NO. We were just north of NO, across the lake. I cut a small twisted sapling and it grabbed the saw and swung it into my right thigh. The cut was to the bone and 7-8" long.

Nowhere to go so I cut the shredded tissue off clean, rinsed it out with 4-5 different things:eek:, and cleaned out the debris. I then superglued inside, waited 20 min and superglued the top side. Placed butterfly strips, bandaged, and back to work. It never even got a lil red, and healed with almost no scar.

Superglue is good stuff.

LOL, that's not sealing a wound. That's self performed surgery. :eek: ;)b