3101 Harvey Road
      College Station, TX 77845
    • Meet and Greet - Friday night at the Park
    • The Big Event - Saturday at the Park

• Room Block at Hilton Garden Inn, College Station
      3081 University Drive East
      Bryan, TX 77802
    • Room rate is $129/night.
    • This rate and hold for rooms will last until February 16th.
    • If you need to cancel, you must do so BY March 2nd to avoid cancellation fees.

Check out The Bownanza Forum.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Hey Mary, Is LSBA going to do the name tags again this year? ...will need a registration thread...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Hey Mary, Is LSBA going to do the name tags again this year? ...will need a registration thread...
      I will ask.

Comment

All Bowhunters and family are invited
        to the greatest back yard BBQ ever created!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          All Bowhunters and family are invited
          to the greatest back yard BBQ ever created!
          Bownanza XVI

Sixteen years of all inclusive good times.

Rain or shine.

At the end of each Bownanza, there's always a mixture of emotions. For me it's usually a combination of "man that was a heck of a good time I'm exhausted" followed by immediate thoughts of how to make it better next year. Then a year passes and some of the fire dims. We get busy with our personal lives and think less about the community and more about the tasks directly in front of us. It's only natural.

We need to ask ourselves, are we too busy for our outdoor families? You know, the people who inspire us to be good stewards of the land. The people who enjoy the brush country and a warm campfire. The people who enjoy all manner of discussion while remaining true to such core beliefs as family and country. Or is faceless cyber interaction enough?

Now is the time to re-stoke the bow hunting family fire and mark your calendar with plans to attend. Last year was an absolute blast and reminded all who made it out what a good and positive community this is. Everything is better after a handshake and a smile. It's also a perfect time to remember those who have passed on as there are so many good memories of lost loved ones surrounding this event. They certainly deserve our presence in a memorial setting.

It all boils down to one or two days to reconnect with our community that has provided so many great memories over the years.

We all need more of that.

Come out and be a part of something good. You will be glad you did.
          Last edited by Legdog; 01-19-2018, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Sadly I will be on nights again so, no team for me and only a quick in/out visit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's do this!

[ATTACH]892961[/ATTACH]

Comment

Y'all come! It'll be fun!

It'll just be you and a few hundred of your favorite huntin' buddies!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3388.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	24527110

With all the professional camera people, you might even get photographed and become famous!

SnakeLover got me good!

Name:	17_03_18_Bownanza-255.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	24527107

Back in the old days, Leggy had to improvise to get the group shot... Now Michael just whips out his drone...

Name:	IMG_3392.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	24527109

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                  Bownanza XVI

Rain or shine.

At the end of each Bownanza, there's always a mixture of emotions. For me it's usually a combination of "man that was a heck of a good time I'm exhausted" followed by immediate thoughts of how to make it better next year. Then a year passes and some of the fire dims. We get busy with our personal lives and think less about the community and more about the tasks directly in front of us. It's only natural.

We need to ask ourselves, are we too busy for our outdoor families? You know, the people who inspire us to be good stewards of the land. The people who enjoy the brush country and a warm campfire. The people who enjoy all manner of discussion while remaining true to such core beliefs as family and country. Or is faceless cyber interaction enough?

Now is the time to re-stoke the bow hunting family fire and mark your calendar with plans to attend. Last year was an absolute blast and reminded all who made it out what a good and positive community this is. Everything is better after a handshake and a smile. It's also a perfect time to remember those who have passed on as there are so many good memories of lost loved ones surrounding this event. They certainly deserve our presence in a memorial setting.

It all boils down to one or two days to reconnect with our community that has provided so many great memories over the years.

Well said!

Here are a few sights and sounds from last year's event!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wTxkUXnw4E&t=13s"]TBHVJ 34 Bownanza 2017 - YouTube[/ame]

TexasBowhunter.com's 15th Annual Bownanza Event in College Station, TX. My Gear:Sony A7s iiSony 24-70mm f/4 ZA LensCanon 70-200/2.8 L IS IIMetabones IVDJI O...
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

We should be able to make it again this yr.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Linda and I are thinking about joining a team this year.
                      If you are on a team when do you need to be there? We plan on being up for the festivities Friday night.
                      I got my Big Joe I could bring if need be , and Linda could cook dirt and make it taste good.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Bownanza XVI

Rain or shine.

Good job, wordmeister.

Steven said it all! For those of you who have never been to Bownanza, one has to wonder why. It is a great opportunity to take the internet mask off and meet some wonderful people face to face. I promise you will come away with some new friends and a better feeling about some of us you think are jackarses . The food is second to none, and the fellowship even better!

Come on down and enjoy the best family picnic you've ever been to.

Comment

UGH I will "hopefully" be in waco that weekend for powerlifting girls state. IF not I have a stinking baseball tournament... One day........

Comment

Bownanza XVI

Rain or shine.

Here here.....Time to make time to meet and see folks in person. Cyber socializing is cool and all but there is nothing like face to face shaking a man's hand or hugging a woman's neck to solidify that socialization. Plus the **** food and drink is good.. Be there or be square...
                            Last edited by Smart; 01-22-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Here here.....Time to make time to meet and see folks in person. Cyber socializing is cool and all but there is nothing like face to face shaking a man's hand or hugging a woman's neck to solidify that socialization. Plus the **** food and drink is good.. Be there or be square...
                              Well now I'm confused.... you shake my hand and hug my neck so am I a man or a woman??? Anyone know a good therapist?? Are the restrooms at the park transgender friendly??

Comment

Working...
                              X