TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Year Workout Accountability 2018 (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676636)

icetrauma 01-01-2018 11:54 AM

New Year Workout Accountability 2018
 
All right folks. Time for this years thread. Whose going to get ya some?

Cody903 01-01-2018 12:11 PM

I want some. I'm part of the fat loss group as well. Looking to get down to 190.from 260. A with lifting 3x week.

OleTomTalker 01-01-2018 02:08 PM

Iím in. 2017 saw the biggest transformation physically/health wise Iíve ever had. 2018 is about seeing if I really meant it! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icetrauma 01-01-2018 02:17 PM

Had a health maintenance day today. Lots of foam rolling, stretching, rotator cuff and abs today. Welcome to all the new folks in this thread and welcome back all of ya from last years thread.

krausejmk 01-01-2018 02:41 PM

I started last January 1 at 255 and got down to 200 right before hunting season. I have gone back up to around 220 now but have started again today on the diet and workouts. Did my weight circuit in my garage this morning which takes about 45 minutes and then ran a mile. It was tough but feels great to get back on it. My goal this year is 185

MIHunter 01-01-2018 02:48 PM

I want in. I'm part of the fat loss group as well, too. Looking to drop 60#.

SabreKiller 01-02-2018 09:51 AM

Yippeeeee!
 
Glad to see you started the thread over for the new year. I missed a week and was at the lease over the long weekend, so I wasn't sure if I'd make it in today, but I did! Legs and back 5X5 supersets. Lat pulldown/leg extensions, t-bar row/hack squat, V-bar pullups/calf raises, incline leg raises/hanging leg raises.

Tomorrow is chest and hammies. Gonna be a good day!

Allaroundhunt 01-02-2018 09:57 AM

Crushed it this morning. Well, sorta light weight on the upper body, breaking the legs back in tomorrow. Gotta new workout partner from church. fixing to be a good year. I have about 30lbs to lose.

kaizen 01-02-2018 10:09 AM

I am recommitting with the new year also and hitting the gym this afternoon. I've been backsliding the last 6 months or so. I've been lifting fairly heavy during that time but not focusing on calorie intake. I'm stronger but bulky. Time to thin down at bit. I'm sitting at 198 lbs and looking for about 180. So, its back on the stair climber and off the sauce (craft beer mainly).

Part Timer 01-02-2018 10:21 AM

Im in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ShawnG 01-02-2018 10:28 AM

Good luck to everyone!

rtp 01-02-2018 10:35 AM

Well good luck to everyone and I hope all of the new folks are still with us at the end. Im out of town until the 8th so I will pick it back up then.

whakm 01-02-2018 10:43 AM

Had been doing pretty good ( dropped about 15 pounds and was working out 4-5 times a week) but Christmas break killed me. So, time to get back to it!

150class 01-02-2018 11:09 AM

In like Flynn!

Missed yesterday due to traveling back home

Today is chest and tris

Going to mix in cardio way more this year

Have to freaking eat better also

Personal goals of a half marathon by June and full marathon by the end of the year

Chew 01-02-2018 11:10 AM

I've been jogging or bike riding about 4 times per week since the first of December. Made it on a 2 mile jog day before yesterday. This cold weather sucks without the proper gear!

solocam_aggie 01-02-2018 11:18 AM

I've got to pick it back up again. Quit going to the gym when I got the new job. Bouncing around from job to job makes it difficult to get a gym membership that requires a year long contract, which seems like most around here.

Pedernal 01-02-2018 11:28 AM

In to improve my fitness!! Hoping to drop a few more fat pounds and add some strength. My main focus will be on improving flexibility, core strength and cardio endurance. Got to get back on Keto to make it happen. Best of luck to all burning those calories;)b

jwood02 01-02-2018 11:31 AM

I'm in. Started light yesterday to get back in the groove. The wife bought me a sled for Xmas so excited to get to use it.

2014FusionM 01-02-2018 12:47 PM

I'm in Finally got the construction done in the house and everything moved out of the barn were I work out. Ready to get back on the train. I have been off for about 2.5 months but I think it should come back pretty easy, hopefully!

I'm about 280lbs right now and would love to drop down to about 220lbs I'm 6ft with a wide frame. Lets put it this way in high school when I wrestled and weighed about 190 at 6ft I still wore a 36 in pants... and I only wear a 38 now being almost 100 pounds heavier.

icetrauma 01-02-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedernal (Post 13065731)
In to improve my fitness!! Hoping to drop a few more fat pounds and add some strength. My main focus will be on improving flexibility, core strength and cardio endurance. Got to get back on Keto to make it happen. Best of luck to all burning those calories;)b

Keto started back up today as well.

Workout will either be Mark Bells Jacked and Tan or Brian Alsruhes Chest/Back supersets. Leaning toward Alsruhes for now. I’ll be alternating each program and melding them to make my own. Now go get some!


Current weight as of yesterday is a bloated 292. Goal 240 with a possible push to 230 ish. 6’4” and sitting around 28% body fat.

150class 01-02-2018 03:44 PM

Starting the year with a 255 max on Bench and 205 max on Incline

Hopefully I can come back and quote this in December with better numbers ;)b

Edit: and 233 on the scale so that number should go down :) hopefully.... :D

topshot 01-02-2018 04:03 PM

I'm in on this one - I'm in my 30s and a bit overweight 5'9" appx #185, but the real issue is lack of agility, limberness, easily winded and joint pains when I do exercise. I've sat behind a desk for 9 hours a day for the past 12 years and it has not done me well.

I joined a men's soccer league this past fall and made it to 1 practice and 1 game, where I pushed so hard that my knees hurt for 4 weeks, as in I could barely walk and definitely couldn't run.

I bought a treadmill on impulse yesterday, mostly because it has the ability to link the video to iPad and you can walk/jog anywhere in the world with a trainer. basically, someone went on a hike/run/walk in remote trails on beach/jungle/Paris/mountains etc and were followed with a video camera, you essentially watch the video and it goes at your pace through the trail.

I'll be a world traveler and lose weight in my own home :)

wife and i are doing it together! will post my official weight on the scale later tonight.

150class 01-02-2018 04:06 PM

Tons of new faces in the gym. While it’s annoying to wait on machines hopefully they stick it out throughout the year


Just workout at different times then me :D lol

icetrauma 01-02-2018 04:27 PM

Day 1 is in the books. Work out was 4x8

BB Row/Hammer Strength Incline
Single are cable row/Hammer Strength Decline
Lay pull downs/Cable Flys


Endurance was pathetic. Attempted 90 sec rest in between sets. Some were longer and some shorter. Abs are sore from yesterday. Shoulder issues still are irritating and I misplaced my elbow sleeves. Going to have to buy another pair. Tomorrow is squats. I’m not going to worry about weight lifted. That’s the psychological part that really gets to me the most. Let’s do this and keep this ***** kicking train going!

MrsPWK 01-02-2018 04:39 PM

Iím in!! Husband and I are starting The Whole 30 Program February 1! Also planning to get a solid workout routine! Really wanting to lose weight this year and make it a lifestyle! Best of luck with your goals!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SabreKiller 01-02-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 150class (Post 13066548)
Tons of new faces in the gym. While itís annoying to wait on machines hopefully they stick it out throughout the year


Just workout at different times then me :D lol


We used to call them Resolutioners at the gym I worked at. They won't stick with it for the most part. One or two might, but the rest will quit after 3 months, max.

Pkripper 01-02-2018 05:13 PM

New Years workout? I thought this was about 12 ounce curls. Fortunately or unfortunately I lost about 40 pounds due to an illness.2018 will be about maintaining that weight loss.

sambo73 01-02-2018 05:23 PM

I have got to do something to help my hbp and diabetes. I'm 5'6" 265#. I got down to 252# when I found out I was diabetic but thanksgiving and Christmas killed me. got to start back eating right and exercising. I will be ding it at home in the evenings with dumbbells and jump rope.

icetrauma 01-02-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambo73 (Post 13066738)
I have got to do something to help my hbp and diabetes. I'm 5'6" 265#. I got down to 252# when I found out I was diabetic but thanksgiving and Christmas killed me. got to start back eating right and exercising. I will be ding it at home in the evenings with dumbbells and jump rope.

Sambo, look in to the Ketogenic diet. Itíll help you get off your diabetes meds.

SwampRabbit 01-02-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chew (Post 13065657)
I've been jogging or bike riding about 4 times per week since the first of December. Made it on a 2 mile jog day before yesterday. This cold weather sucks without the proper gear!

Yes, yes it does.

Best tip I can give you for riding/running in cold/windy weather (always windy on a bike) is to get a thin wind proof vest. Was the best, most important unique article of clothing I used when dealing with cold weather. In a pinch, when I was racing bicycles, I'd take a grocery bag and put my arms through the handles and let the plastic sit on my chest between two layers. would keep the wind off my core... and would be pretty warm... if I got too hot, I could rip it off. I used to focus a lot on leg warmers, gloves, hat, face masks, etc... and would still be cold... if you can't keep the pump house warm... the rest is somewhat useless. After I learned that little trick, it didn't seem as necessary to invest a lot of money into those other things... because you just didn't need to get all fancy... just needed to be able to layer.

sambo73 01-02-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icetrauma (Post 13066766)
Sambo, look in to the Ketogenic diet. Itíll help you get off your diabetes meds.



Will do. Thx for heads up!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody903 01-02-2018 06:00 PM

Downloaded the 5x5 stronglift app and will use this for my lifting. I started yesterday. Seems a simple enough app. Bench squats and rows have me sore. I ordered T25 workout dvd's to do before work with the wife during the week. Starting those as well

super_dave 01-02-2018 06:15 PM

New Year Workout Accountability 2018
 
Iíll play too! Started 2017 at 285 and with a little diet and exercise I dropped 35 down to 250. Backed myself back into a 1x in most clothes and that has me a little excited. Gonna try to get to 215 this year which shouldnít be too hard except that I have 4 kids who want something from me all the time.

My wife has completely transformed her body. After 4 kids she was sick of herself and man has she done good. Yíall saw the flamethrower video. Mama be built right! She was down to 14% body fat.

150class 01-02-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabreKiller (Post 13066696)
We used to call them Resolutioners at the gym I worked at. They won't stick with it for the most part. One or two might, but the rest will quit after 3 months, max.

That being said I only started back in February last year so I guess I was one of them pretty recent lol


Also going to cut out the prework out and see how it goes

justin81 01-02-2018 06:20 PM

i'll follow you guys, i can't start anything until next week. Going to get full blood work done first before starting.

icetrauma 01-02-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody903 (Post 13066858)
Downloaded the 5x5 stronglift app and will use this for my lifting. I started yesterday. Seems a simple enough app. Bench squats and rows have me sore. I ordered T25 workout dvd's to do before work with the wife during the week. Starting those as well

Strong lifts is a solid program. Some people are tempted to add more volume because they are use to the bro style bodybuilder type of workouts if you want strength and size, look up Candito Strength And Hyperteophy program.

icetrauma 01-02-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 150class (Post 13066922)
That being said I only started back in February last year so I guess I was one of them pretty recent lol


Also going to cut out the prework out and see how it goes

Youíve now earned the right to ***** about the crowds badge. Lol

I canít quit my pre, I like the rush.

11B 01-02-2018 06:26 PM

I'm hopping in on this...well kind of. Dont really give a d@mn about losing weight, just want to lose the fat. And thats something that I think everyone should focus on. Dont worry about how many pounds you lose, just focus on getting rid of that fat. F&CK what the scale says. She is a lying, two timing tramp and will mess your head up if you let her. The best success I ever saw was when I was staying as far away from the scale as possible and just lifting as heavy as I could. Lift heavy, eat clean, do cardio in a way that is fun( cause that ****e suucks) and remember that it could always be worse. Good luck to everyone! I hope 2018 treats you guys great!

icetrauma 01-02-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11B (Post 13066962)
I'm hopping in on this...well kind of. Dont really give a d@mn about losing weight, just want to lose the fat. And thats something that I think everyone should focus on. Dont worry about how many pounds you lose, just focus on getting rid of that fat. F&CK what the scale says. She is a lying, two timing tramp and will mess your head up if you let her. The best success I ever saw was when I was staying as far away from the scale as possible and just lifting as heavy as I could. Lift heavy, eat clean, do cardio in a way that is fun( cause that ****e suucks) and remember that it could always be worse. Good luck to everyone! I hope 2018 treats you guys great!

The scale she is quite the sea hag matey.

11B 01-02-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icetrauma (Post 13067005)
The scale she is quite the sea hag matey.

She really is! That's why I dont listen to her. That and I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder because for 90 percent of the time I was in the military I was "overweight" Yet I could do PT with the best of em. There were a few of us like that and it always ****** us off that they would say we had to go get the tape test done because we knew we would pass it. It's just BS standards that were made back during a time before people hit the iron the way we did.

icetrauma 01-02-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11B (Post 13067021)
She really is! That's why I dont listen to her. That and I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder because for 90 percent of the time I was in the military I was "overweight" Yet I could do PT with the best of em. There were a few of us like that and it always ****** us off that they would say we had to go get the tape test done because we knew we would pass it. It's just BS standards that were made back during a time before people hit the iron the way we did.

Totally agree with you. Itís just as bad as that dang BMI chart. For my height and weight, even at my best, Iíve always been to high.

150class 01-02-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icetrauma (Post 13066951)
Youíve now earned the right to ***** about the crowds badge. Lol

I canít quit my pre, I like the rush.

I can seem to find one that constantly provides a rush.

Today I took it and felt nothing as usual unfortunately

icetrauma 01-02-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 150class (Post 13067063)
I can seem to find one that constantly provides a rush.

Today I took it and felt nothing as usual unfortunately

Hyde works best for me. Mesomorph worked good for 2 wks then nada.

Chew 01-02-2018 07:47 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Fat boy checking in. I know this is silly....but keeps me somewhat accountable. If I can see it....It'll be a constant reminder.

I'm carrying around an extra bag of corn (50 lbs), so cut me some slack.

I could barely walk up 2 flights of stairs without taking a break in August. So I started doing several flights of stairs at work every day. Legs are feeling good. Cardio still needs some work.

Attachment 890507

Attachment 890508

Attachment 890509

Attachment 890510

Attachment 890511

Attachment 890512

150class 01-02-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chew (Post 13067207)
Fat boy checking in. I know this is silly....but keeps me somewhat accountable. If I can it....It'll be a constant reminder.

I'm carrying around an extra bag of corn (50 lbs), so cut me some slack.

I could barely walk up 2 flights of stairs without taking a break in August. So I started doing several flights of stairs at work every day. Legs are feeling good. Cardio still needs some work.

Attachment 890507

Attachment 890508

Attachment 890509

Attachment 890510

Attachment 890511

Attachment 890512

Good deal sir!!!


I only ran a mile on the mill today and it took 9 mins :o
I hate cardio lol

Chew 01-02-2018 08:06 PM

Cardio is the debbil

Slow&Steady 01-02-2018 08:57 PM

I’m in. I’m 37, 5’9” tall, and 250 lbs. I have a DIY public land elk hunt planned for September and I need to get back in shape. The mountain is there waiting for me, and it doesn’t care about my little fat feelings. It intends to punished me thoroughly before yielding it’s bounty.

SabreKiller 01-03-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icetrauma (Post 13067029)
Totally agree with you. Itís just as bad as that dang BMI chart. For my height and weight, even at my best, Iíve always been to high.


I totally agree with both of you. I'm 6'4 and 228 and my BMI says I'm over weight. I used to train folks and they would get pizzed when they'd step on the scale and their weight went up. Then we'd go measure their BG % and they were a little happier. They don't realize muscle weighs more than fat. All they want is that scale to read less. SMH

SabreKiller 01-03-2018 09:22 AM

Didn't get all of it done that I wanted to this morning. Only got chest done today. Flat bench/hanging leg raises, wide grip seated press/ab roller, incline fly/crunches, pushups to failure.

Tomorrow will make up for what I didn't get done today. Hams and shoulders.

150class 01-03-2018 09:56 AM

Solid work out with Bi’s and Back this morning

Cardio included a 1 mile jog and two short 250 meter sprints on the rower


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com