Birdman studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birdman studios

Anyone sent a bird to birdman studios lately. I sent one off last week, got a call from them the next day saying my duck had arrived. They then informed me that I would get a call in 16 months when my duck is scheduled to begin the process. I know he is the best but is 16 months a crazy amount of time to wait?

Nope

About the same delivery time for a taxi here in LA who does outstanding work

Comment

Worth the wait. I am betting you will get it back sooner. The 16 month time frame probably cuts down on the 10-12 month phone calls checking up on progress.

Comment

He is the best of the best and the wait is worth it. Not sure if he still does rush orders but you used to be able to pay for faster delivery with him.

Comment

120 day turn around for either 120 or 150 extra.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
            120 day turn around for either 120 or 150 extra.
            Yeah, I saw where it was $150 for the 120 day turn around. Shipping was $100 and the work is $325 (if I remember correctly) didnt want to put the extra $150 in it. Being I am already in it $425.
            Last edited by Je3749; 02-20-2016, 06:10 AM.

Comment

$150 is only $10/month. Skip your Starbucks or whatever vice you have and get the mount quicker.

Comment

He does great work but I would never pay that much for a duck mount. Have a taxi I use and it's $250 a duck and get it back in 6-8 months.

Comment

I have a pintail there right now that should be ready any day now.

Comment

I sent my sons 4 bearded turkey to him about two weeks ago. Said 16 months also. May go ahead and expedite it

Comment

Did you not ask for lead time before you sent it off? Still worth the wait in my opinion. Here's mine:

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
                        He does great work but I would never pay that much for a duck mount. Have a taxi I use and it's $250 a duck and get it back in 6-8 months.
                        Who do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Duck Sausage View Post
                          Did you not ask for lead time before you sent it off? Still worth the wait in my opinion. Here's mine:
                          I didn't ask the lead time before hand, at that point I really wasn't think about the time. It was more important to me that the I like the work. Every item I get a item back from the taxi, I am never really completely happy with. The work is good just was thinking that the attention to detail

Comment

Originally posted by Je3749 View Post
                            Who do you use?
                            Bryan at wildfowl taxidermy. He's done several of my birds and has a speckle belly and a banded mallard of mine right now. Should have them back around May.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck Sausage View Post
                              Beautiful mount, incredible work

Comment

Working...
                              X