Canon to Sony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon to Sony

Has anyone made the jump from a Canon DSLR to Sony mirrorless?
    Id been wanting to try out Sony and recently bought an older model, the A7II.
    I like the colors and sharpness of pics, I love the video, mainly because it matches my work video camera. But not completely sold on mirrorles.
    Then again, Ive only had it one week.

Still undecided whether to keep my Canon gear or start selling it off little by litte.
    Whats y'alls take on Sony mirrorless?

I went from a Canon 6D to a Fuji XT1 currently shooting a XT2. The only reason I could see using a DSLR is if you're professionally shooting sports or birds in flight. Everything else my XT2 can do just as well as a DSLR.

Comment

Just so I don't have to type it again. Canon user that bought an A7 for my wife.

My post from this thread on Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
        Just so I don't have to type it again. Canon user that bought an A7 for my wife.

My post from this thread on Sony.
        Thanks! Recently picked up an A7II and am really liking it!
        The video quality is awesome and love the pics too!
        Just debating if its worth learning a whole new system.
        Been shooting Canon for too long!

Comment

Fiancé has a couple sonys and loves them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcanman View Post
            Thanks! Recently picked up an A7II and am really liking it!
            The video quality is awesome and love the pics too!
            Just debating if its worth learning a whole new system.
            Been shooting Canon for too long!
            I totally understand since I did just that in 2014. The fundamentals are the same though and once you learn the controls on the Sony it's not too bad. I need to use hers more than I do. Would like to get her a long lens for it. The one thing that wasn't comfortable for me was trying to back button focus with the smaller body. Enjoy the Sony.

Comment

I opted for the Sony A7sII over the Canon 5D MKIV (from a Canon 7D). I love the results I get from my Sony for Video and stills, especially when paired with Sony glass.

The rear LCD display is horrible (the EVF is great, though) and autofocus is cumbersome when paired with Canon glass using Metabones adapter. It will cost me considerable $ to replace my 70-200/2.8L IS II for equivalent Sony lens, though. Low light (high ISO) is pretty amazing on the A7s series cams.

Mirrorless cameras have come a long way. I wouldn't (didn't) hesitate to choose mirrorless over DSLR.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Sony A57, Sony A77, Sony A99, and now the A9...loved them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I got back in a few months ago....co worker has cost me a couple grand...lol

Picked up an A7R, playing with legacy glass on it, those are more interesting that the new lenses. Focus peeking is my friend

I am waiting on an adapter now to test out a Canon FD 50mm F/1.2 I picked up today with three other FD lenses.

Comment

Working...
                  X