Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

New..Thread. Hope everyone has a great season, and lots of success..Heard the deer in Whitney are plentifull and lots room on the corp for everyone

Aquilla will be terrible this year Dont waste your time...

Yippy! Here's wishing everyone a successful new season. May it bring many wonderful memories .

Eric, I don't know about lots of room with all of last year's banned hunters returning, or deer that seep over from Aquilla .

Comment

Why do you think Aquilla will be so bad?

Comment

Finally, a new thread.

Yes, there will be returning hunters that were banned for 2010-2011. And, there should be 500-600 that shouldn't be eligibale for a permit this year since they didn't return a survey by 1 June 2011.

I rechecked the website while posting this- Permits will be issued starting September 1st 2011. https://whitneylakehunting.tamu.edu/

Good luck to all, hope we get some rain.

Comment

Good luck to all. Watch out for snakes and the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post
            Why do you think Aquilla will be so bad?
            On going joke for about 3 years...It will be fine..

Comment

The only changes I see in the web sight are on the home page. And it is the first sentence in bold:

"Permits will be issued starting September 1st 2011. Potential hunters for Whitney and Aquilla can register for a permit at the Whitney Lake Office at 285 County Road 3602 Clifton, Texas 76634. Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. "

I wonder if this means we can no longer register on the web sight. And have to go get a permit in person again during business hours (like many many moons ago). Doesn't dove season start Sept 1st? Gonna miss opening morning? Just some thoughts I'm sure will be answered soon and/or straightened out.

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
              On going joke for about 3 years...It will be fine..
              2X Les . Besides, all the deer are really at Grapevine anyway . I see nothing but rattlers, moccasins, raccoons, squirrels, armadillos, and grasshoppers at Aquilla and Whitney anyway . Ain't no deer at Whitney or Aquilla . And squirrels are the only ones on that hit list. P&Y squirrels? You bet! I've had 6 of them mounted. Just ask Eric
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-07-2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I hear there is a archery shoot somewhere in the Hillsboro area this coming weekend, anyone care to share the specifics?

Comment

There's one at prairie valley church in Whitney on august 20th at 8am.

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                    There's one at prairie valley church in Whitney on august 20th at 8am.
                    I'm hope-n real hard to be there . Ain't look-n to win anything. Just stretch a string and the "musculs". Should be fun to shoot with a few of ya. Got any idea on the max distances the targets will be set at? Just want to make sure I've got my pins set accordingly. I've only been shooting with 2, or 3, pins at the other 3D shoots this spring/summer.

And do we need to show up at the church or is the coarse set at a different location? Entry fee?
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-07-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

This is the Email I recieved.

Last year there was only one target at 40. I believe most ranged from 9-27 yards. I imagine after last year the distance in shots will be greater. If you are looking to go to a 100% professional shoot then this is not for you. The man putting it together is more into having good fellowship with fellow bowhunters and a little competition in the middle of it. This event is put on by the Prarie Valley Baptist Church and if you are concerned you will not recieve any "church Pressure". Last year there was 3 classes. 4 man team score, Individual score, and Youth score.

This is a "heads up" for you bow hunters and men who just want to have a day of great fellowship! Believe it or not but it has been almost a year ago the team made up of Dana Landrum, Chris Fulton, Jacob Deal, and Jody Martin took top prize and bragging rights for the 2010 Fall Season at our 1st Annual PVBC Bow Tournament. Jay Brunett walked away with the bragging rights on the best individual score (155 out of 180). Will these men have a repeat performance and walk off with the bragging rights again or is there someone out there practicing as we speak that will topple them from their first place.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 20 at 8am the 2nd Annual PVBC Bow Tournament will begin. Are you ready?

Within the next week we will be sending out all the details. If you haven't picked up you bow yet, its time to dust it off and get started practicing. If you haven't chosen team members, it's time for that as well. See you on August 20 behind Rex Auten's house where the talking will be over, and the shooting will begin.

Russell Penney is the man putting this together. His Email is rlpenney@gmail.com

I have some attachments I can email if you will send me your email address.
                      Last edited by jgirsh; 08-07-2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Can't wait for season to open. Sorry we missed out on the g2g mike.. We planned to make it but just didn't work out.

---
                        - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the post Justin!

Any interest in being on team "Foam Soup"?

No prob Jeremy. Maybe the post-season.

Comment

I'll be at the shoot. I went last year and had a good time. I was leading it for along time till the last team came in. But it's a good time to get outta the house and enjoy some shooting. Hope to see some of y'all there.

Comment

I plan on being at the shoot. I went last year and shot with JGirsh. It was a good time in the heat, with plenty of shade. Lots of different distances, and targets to help get you dialed in.

Comment

Working...
                              X