TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2017 Ford Raptor (https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=640145)

BBRU 03-30-2017 09:51 AM

They built as a prerunner truck, not meant to take whoops at 50+ mph or leap 15' in inthe air like the genius did on the YouTube video. I do honestly believe somebody could a more capable truck with the higher end suspension and aftermarket companies. Still very capable trucks though.

RogueSamurai 03-30-2017 09:57 AM

Major DB bait. Don't do it.

stxhunter 03-30-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBRU (Post 12318545)
You can buy a standard f-150, and build your own version of raptor..... and I'm sure save a ton of money, of your warranty probably won't be there though.

Many have tried and for the price can't come close. You need fiberglass fenders front and rear, long travel suspension, longer axels, different motor just to name a few.

Heres a kit ready to go for a mere $22.7k http://www.rogueracing.com/conversio...conversion-kit

Peyton 03-30-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueSamurai (Post 12318767)
Major DB bait. Don't do it.

[emoji34]
Whatever DB!

RogueSamurai 03-30-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton (Post 12318784)
[emoji34]
Whatever DB!

Do a profile demo of raptor drivers. Lots of flat billed caps and skinny jeans, Florida/Georgia line sings songs that these guys try to live. They would cry if they got a scratch on that pretty $80,000 truck.

Peyton 03-30-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueSamurai (Post 12318829)
Do a profile demo of raptor drivers. Lots of flat billed caps and skinny jeans, Florida/Georgia line sings songs that these guys try to live. They would cry if they got a scratch on that pretty $80,000 truck.

I don't own any of that **** and my truck has plenty of scratches, blood, and mud.

What do you drive, wear, and listen to? How many scratches does your truck have? Sure would hate to call you a DB, again.

RogueSamurai 03-30-2017 10:18 AM

Paid for Nissan Titan that has had triple digits of dead animals in it. Scratched and beat all to hell.

And listen to? Real Country and real rock.

Texastaxi 03-30-2017 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueSamurai (Post 12318829)

Where did you get this demo information? :rolleyes:

I only know a few Raptor owners, and none of them fit your "profile".

Throwin Darts 03-30-2017 10:20 AM

I'd like them more if they stopped writing "Raptor" all over the dang things.

MySRT8U 03-30-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueSamurai (Post 12318852)
Paid for Nissan Titan that has had triple digits of dead animals in it. Scratched and beat all to hell.

I love how some people view their personal opinion as gospel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Peyton 03-30-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

So sorry, didn't know you were such a bad ***.

DJM 03-30-2017 10:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D94uZPKQcA

Here's a new Monster Energy promo video with a Baja truck.For your viewing pleasure.:D

DJ

Grayson 03-30-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throwin' Darts (Post 12318858)
I'd like them more if they stopped writing "Raptor" all over the dang things.

I've seen several '17 models around and all of them are debadged. Apparently you can now order them that way.

Awesome looking trucks and I wish I could justify the expense, tomorrow!

Peyton 03-30-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Your truck is cute!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7b8c8a7d6c.jpg

RogueSamurai 03-30-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texastaxi (Post 12318853)

Wrote a chapter in my book about profiling based on the car.

Tell you what. I'll leave well enough alone....but count the real actual working farmers/ranchers/cowboys, I mean the real ones, not the ones parked at Cavendars, that would drive a raptor to work in, build fence, gather cattle etc with.
Then count the millennials that would go out of their mind if they put a scratch on their lifted, lit up, gloss painted with RAPTOR down the side of it, truck.
Also, check for age, maturity level etc. See also: ask a woman over 35 who she thinks would drive a raptor.

MySRT8U 03-30-2017 11:01 AM

2017 Ford Raptor

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueSamurai (Post 12318995)

Tell you what. I'll leave well enough alone....but count the real actual working farmers/ranchers/cowboys, I mean the real ones, not the ones parked at Cavendars, that would drive a raptor to work in, build fence, gather cattle etc with.

Then count the millennials that would go out of their mind if they put a scratch on their lifted, lit up, gloss painted with RAPTOR down the side of it, truck.

Also, check for age, maturity level etc. See also: ask a woman over 35 who she thinks would drive a raptor.

I would expect ANYONE to be at least a little bummed out if the scratch an $80k truck. If you don't care enough about your stuff to take care of it, you are probably a spoiled little *****

Also, you act like only farmers, ranchers, and "real" cowboys should buy trucks. I have a one ton dually. I use it to haul trailers for my landscape business. I do my best to take care of it and keep it nice. It was expensive and I can't afford to just replace stuff because I don't take care of it. So yeah, when something does happen to it, I get upset. Does that make me a DB?

Grayson 03-30-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Those guys typically don't drive a 1/2 ton of any make or model.

Peyton 03-30-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grayson (Post 12319002)
Those guys typically don't drive a 1/2 ton of any make or model.

They don't drive Nissan Titans either [emoji6]

Grayson 03-30-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton (Post 12319048)

That's why I put any make or model. :D

Mudslinger 03-30-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJM (Post 12318721)
They are built nothing like a "Baja" truck.

DJ

True. I really meant to say like the prerunner trucks. Did not realize i said that until now.
Long 2,days of STAAR testing and my brian is not functioning well this morning.

MySRT8U 03-30-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton (Post 12319048)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...28c06f3a52.gif

RogueSamurai 03-30-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton (Post 12318870)
So sorry, didn't know you were such a bad ***.

Not a ******.....just a realist.

Seen a lot more 3/4 and 1 ton trucks that also never get used for what a truck is meant to be used for. Tons of money in a truck and it never leaves the asphalt or pulls a trailer. Meanwhile the farmer, that actually needs that same truck, can't afford it.

Bowhica 03-30-2017 11:33 AM

John Hennessey did a review on the 2017 Raptor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aECBmESrTlY

MySRT8U 03-30-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowhica (Post 12319090)
John Hennessey did a review on the 2017 Raptor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aECBmESrTlY

John Hennessy is a piece of ****

hound dog 03-30-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SneakyPhil (Post 12317454)
Is she single?:D

x2

Bowhica 03-30-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySRT8U (Post 12319095)
John Hennessy is a piece of ****

Don't hold back!! HA!! I saw this on my youtube feed and watched it a few weeks back. I was impressed with the numbers as far as the HP/Torque for a V6. As for John, I've only met him a few times out at coffee and cars in Houston. So I can't vouch for his personality. I have a friend that does all his photo/videography.

2Lazy2P 03-30-2017 12:12 PM

I'm not much of a Ford guy. But, I'd love to have a Raptor. I wouldn't use its capabilities, but I'd have a nice truck.

samson33 03-30-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Close-minded much????

XBowHunter 03-30-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texastaxi (Post 12318853)

Same here

JW 03-30-2017 01:14 PM

My buddy has a Raptor. That thing'll pass everything but a gas station!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmack 03-30-2017 01:19 PM

2017 Ford Raptor

I've already lifted two of them. They are nice trucks. But I still like the tundra mid travel kits better.

bphillips 03-30-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueSamurai (Post 12319068)

Seen a lot more 3/4 and 1 ton trucks that also never get used for what a truck is meant to be used for. Tons of money in a truck and it never leaves the asphalt or pulls a trailer. Meanwhile the farmer, that actually needs that same truck, can't afford it.

Sounds like they need to be better with money then

Plenty of farmers and ranchers I know personally have a work truck and a nice jacked up truck they won't let get a scratch on it.

JW 03-30-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bphillips (Post 12319427)
Sounds like they need to be better with money then

Plenty of farmers and ranchers I know personally have a work truck and a nice jacked up truck they won't let get a scratch on it.

A good many of em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throwin Darts 03-30-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueSamurai (Post 12319068)

why would you care about what other people use their vehicles for? if they wanted to use it as a paper weight how does that affect you?

Artos 03-30-2017 02:08 PM

This new Raptor is a really fine truck & Ford deserves kudos...just a shame the Dealers feel they have to pad over sticker, but if buyers are going to pay it??

I can tell you that the new 10 speed auto they co-developed with GM is one bad arse transmission!! I have a similar one in mine as they launched in the raptor & zl1. Super impressive & will soon see it across both their lines, but obviously tweaked for the individual vehicle/application.

Mudslinger 03-30-2017 02:13 PM

Where are you folks getting $75,000 to $80,000 for a 2017 Raptor. You looking at window sticker and a bunch on top of that? There are 2 Raptors at one of our local dealers and one is priced $61,000 and the other $69,000.

If I go into that dealer and they tell me it is even window sticker and nothing off, I am going to laugh and walk, saying they are going to add to the window sticker is insane.

CaptainDave 03-30-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artos (Post 12319547)
This new Raptor is a really fine truck & Ford deserves kudos...just a shame the Dealers feel they have to pad over sticker, but if buyers are going to pay it??

I can tell you that the new 10 speed auto they co-developed with GM is one bad arse transmission!! I have a similar one in mine as they launched in the raptor & zl1. Super impressive & will soon see it across both their lines, but obviously tweaked for the individual vehicle/application.

I'm sure it's just supply and demand right now. Something similar occurred when Chevy came out with its new Corvette Stingray a couple years back. Just more buyers than inventory on the market, so people were willing to pay over sticker to get one. That eventually went away once the supply caught up. I would assume the same with the new Raptor. With that said, the limited market for the Raptor probably would never dictate a price point much below MSRP.

easttxbowbender 03-30-2017 02:46 PM

My buddy has one, it's his work truck...... I was riding around with him a few weeks ago and the truck would shut off every time he stopped, kinda freaked me out . It has a sport mode that really has some pep... nice truck overall.

Truckville 03-30-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudslinger (Post 12319561)
Where are you folks getting $75,000 to $80,000 for a 2017 Raptor. You looking at window sticker and a bunch on top of that? There are 2 Raptors at one of our local dealers and one is priced $61,000 and the other $69,000.

If I go into that dealer and they tell me it is even window sticker and nothing off, I am going to laugh and walk, saying they are going to add to the window sticker is insane.

If you go bring your walking shoes, you will need em.

LillDragun 03-30-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton (Post 12318900)

am I the only person wondering why this truck owner ran out of money for the lift in the rear?