Games people don't play......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games people don't play......

At least they don't play them much anymore.

Growing up my family played dominoes, spades, or 5 card stud all the time at deer camp. We also played a board game called backgammon. I don't know anyone who plays backgammon anymore. I don't even remember how to play. Does anyone still play backgammon? What are other board or card games you played in the past that you don't now?

Our Family broke out the dominoes this weekend and played Chicken Feet and Train. We do this once or twice per year. I am now wondering why we do not play dominoe games more often. Plenty of fun.

Comment

Backgammon was a great game!!!!

Comment

Yard darts!!!

Comment

Stratego

Comment

Originally posted by brandon123 View Post
            Yard darts!!!

True!

Comment

my family use to play a card game called "Mille Bornes"

had not even thought of it for probably 20yrs until just a couple weeks ago.

Comment

I was talking to a guy at work earlier talking about playing 42. We used to play all the time at family gathering and deer camp, not so much anymore.

Comment

Board games to tend to come and go in popularity. I remember back in the 80's a lot of the trendy bars in Dallas had numerous backgammon boards set up for people to play.

Comment

We play chicken foot about once a month.

Comment

I still play some backgammon. Cribbage is another one.

Comment

I hate Monopoly... my wife says "but you always win" to which I say... "I hate monopoly!!!"

Board games take up way too much space and are not versatile enough. I like cards because there are a lot of games you can play with a deck of cards.

dominos are fun, but never really got into that much. played some in college. Didn't play scrabble until more recently actually... our family was more of a Boggle family... loved that game. That was a fun game.

We played Yahtzee too... I have a hand held electric Yahtzee game that I'll play in the blind on some days to pass the time. Having a mute button was a deal sealer so I wouldn't have to open it and remove the mini speaker.

never played Batgammon... but did play chess and checkers, etc.

Hungry hungry hippo... now that was some fun stuff righ there!

Comment

Don't play " House" near enough any more!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                            Stratego
                            The game of battlefield strategy! Haven't seen this game in a long time, but it sure was a good one.

Comment

Wife's family loves playing a board game called Wahoo. I hate it.
                              They also like a dice game called Farkle, which is pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X