Anyone ever lease from Mike Hopkins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever lease from Mike Hopkins?

Looking at a lease he has in Haskell Co. by lake Stanford. Does anyone know anything about him? How about the deer numbers out that way?

We leased a place from him in eastland a few years back. He treated us right. I will say that he leases multiple properties and then sub leases them. Personally i would rather lease directly from the owner. All in all, seemed like a nice guy!

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post
        We leased a place from him in eastland a few years back. He treated us right. I will say that he leases multiple properties and then sub leases them. Personally i would rather lease directly from the owner. All in all, seemed like a nice guy!
        My experience with him was vastly different. we looked at a small place in Gordon. when we tried to negotiate the price with him he went ape**** ballistic. He started cussing and acting like a **** fool.

Needlessly we didn't lease any property from him.

Comment

I know Mike and I couldn't ever see him acting like that. My experience with any lease broker is that they don't negotiate lease prices.. These guys charge what they do because people are willing to pay it. It is just the same as any other business, we just take it personally because it greatly affects our favorite past time. This is how most of these guys make a living. Im not supporting it, this is just the way it is. I try to my find leases on my own. However, the majority of these guys are from some of the areas that they lease. The farmers feel more comfortable dealing with them than the hunters.

Comment

Don't know what to tell you bhtexx. There were 3 other guys there with me when it happened. If the price is not negotiable that's fine just say. No reason to act like an idiot. It's just business to me too and as far as I'm concerned everything is negotiable.

Comment

Leased from him several years ago and we all felt was a standup guy. He was good to deal with and was a straight shooter. I would do business with him again.

Comment

I went to school with his son. Mike is a good guy. I have lost touch and haven't seen or talked to him in several years. With all of that being said, I am absolutely not a fan of third-party leasing(politically correct). This is one of the main reasons our sport is so expensive these days.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  I went to school with his son. Mike is a good guy. I have lost touch and haven't seen or talked to him in several years. With all of that being said, I am absolutely not a fan of third-party leasing(politically correct). This is one of the main reasons our sport is so expensive these days.
                  Andy who was his son? I don't remember a Hopkins other than an Amanda.

Comment

I do know that he usually know he has some quality places. Check out his website at dfwhunt.com. He has had 2 200" deer come off two of his leases in the past 2 years.

Mike D, I'm sorry. I was not trying to discredit your experience with, but instead just trying to give him a fair shake.

Comment

I enjoy reading his ads because his hunter density is always "fun" to read.

I like the 350 acres with 4 hunter ads.

It would be entertaining to see him get a 5000 acre piece of property. That would end up being about 57 hunters if my math if working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by texascanesfan View Post
                        i enjoy reading his ads because his hunter density is always "fun" to read.

I like the 350 acres with 4 hunter ads.

It would be entertaining to see him get a 5000 acre piece of property. That would end up being about 57 hunters if my math if working for me. :d
                        yep your math is on point today

Comment

Prosser,

It was Jacob Hopkins, he was a year ahead of us. Mike used to own the Texaco on the east side of 157 right before you get to Sublett.

Comment

Is this the same Mike Hopkins that owns Red River Cyclery in Alexandria, La?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
                              I do know that he usually know he has some quality places. Check out his website at dfwhunt.com. He has had 2 200" deer come off two of his leases in the past 2 years.

Mike D, I'm sorry. I was not trying to discredit your experience with, but instead just trying to give him a fair shake.
                              Holy Smokes he's high dollar! Guess that's how he makes a living at it but DANG!

$1950.00 each in denton county???

Comment

Working...
                              X