Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides Church or a bar, where else to look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides Church or a bar, where else to look?

I'm not in no hurry to settle down but I know every journey in life takes a first step and I see no reason in being late. Reasoning for the title is I have had relationships come out of both places and all have crashed so spectacularly that friends claim I should write a book about it since some of them are to good not to be in print.

So in asking the green screen where did you meet Miss Right if it was somewhere other then the two mentioned?

Blind date. Set up by my SIL. That was 13 yrs ago in December. We have now been married 10. Believe it or not your family knows you better than you think they do.

Comment

dog parks, cruses....race tracks...wine tasting events...motor cycle fund raiser events

Comment

Grocery store!

Comment

Blind date. Been married over 15 years now.

Comment

stop looking....

Comment

Dont ask me...... I have no stinkin idea but I do continue to make my case before God asking for someone to help in the ministry and share this life with.

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                Grocery store!
                Surprisingly this works! Through friends is a good way and your buddies should be able to know what type you like and have their gfs pick accordingly so not to be wasting your time!

Comment

Mutual friends introduced us. I was looking for help with the lawn service I used to own, she was looking for work. She ended up sleeping with the boss, taking over the company, and, well, here we are!

Try taking some classes somewhere. Find a class involving something you are interested in, cooking maybe? Or try volunteering somewhere.
                  Last edited by Txjourneyman; 10-17-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Baseball game here in town on a Thirsty Thursday!

Comment

It will be 10 years next week I met Bud's Darlin'. We were the only two people at the YMCA that night. She was jogging on a treadmill and I was on an elliptical machine nearby. A little casual conversation while we exercised, exchanged phone numbers before we left and decided to meet and work out together again. Our initial common interest was in fitness.

Comment

"They" are everywhere.

Comment

Met in high school.
                          Dated for 7 years.
                          Been married for 27.
                          Blessed beyond measure.

Comment

Sorry to hear your last one didn't work out Russ. You really need to get out of Brazoria County if you ever wanna do better than this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350491366.311737.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	24129527

Comment

My wife and I met working together as camp counselors in college. Worked three summers together (pretty closely!), went out on our first date a few weeks after the last session of camp that third summer, and by the next May we were engaged. Worked our fourth summer together, got married the end of August.

Besides hunting, what do you enjoy doing? What is your passion? Our passion was working with kids, thus being counselors/camp staff, and that's how we fell in love.

The worst thing you could do is look for a mate in places you would never normally go (cooking classes, a book club, the mall, a preschool playground ) DO NOT give anyone the impression that you enjoy things that you don't, cooking, reading, mall trolling, etc. These are just examples, of course, but don't pose. You want someone to fall in love with the real YOU.

Comment

Working...
                              X