A new wallet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new wallet

I've been wanting to make wallets for a while now. I tried one over a year ago, and it didn't turn out well, so I put it off. Then just the other day, I saw a YouTube video where this guy was showing a wallet he made that he really liked. He raved about it so much, I wanted one. I decided to copy his design, and I made two of them. They both came out too small, so I adjusted the pattern and made one that was just right. Here it is.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SamHarper; 12-03-2017, 11:32 PM.

I wasn't sure I liked the drivers license on the outside like that, and I didn't want to have to open both sides to get to my credit cards, so I modified the design a little and came up with this. I've been using it for a few days now, and I love it! It smells good, too.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great! Nice work

Comment

Looks good. Would look better if them were Franklins instead of Washingtons in there.

Comment

Yep got the same wallet and love it. Carry it in my front pocket. Well done.

Comment

what did it cost to make?

Comment

That's hard to say because I didn't buy just enough leather to make it or just enough dye or thread. I had a big piece of leather I cut it out of, a lot of thread from which I cut what I needed, and a big bottle of dye from which I used just a little. If I were to make a wild guess, though, I would say it cost maybe $3 to $5 to make. That's not counting tools. It's a really simple design, but I love it. It only took me about 2.5 hours to make.

Comment

Looks nice.

Comment

Very nice bud

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

lets say you were going to make one of these and gift it for a small donation....what would it be?

Comment

Why do you have the credit card numbers scratched out ? Are you saying you don't trust us ? Ha

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Looks great. I'm diggin the orange stitching that makes it pop for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
                            lets say you were going to make one of these and gift it for a small donation....what would it be?
                            You can have that first one if you want it. I'm happy with the second one, so I'm keeping that one for myself. Just PM me your address.

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                              Looks great. I'm diggin the orange stitching that makes it pop for sure.
                              I bought a shirt one time that was brown with thin orange stripes. This really cute girl told me she liked my shirt, and ever since then I've liked brown and orange together. Here is said shirt along with the wallet.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SamHarper; 12-04-2017, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X