TexasBowhunter.com Community  Discussion Forums

TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/index.php)
-   Around the Campfire (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Remembering some of the "special" TBH Fathers on Father's day (http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534933)

RascalArms 06-21-2015 12:21 PM

Remembering some of the "special" TBH Fathers on Father's day
 
Today is obviously a special day to all the fathers out there. That being said, I'm also reminded that it brings pain to those of us that have lost a child. I'm a member of this club that no one wants to ever join.

Just a shout out to my fellow TBHers...SaltwaterSlick, Toolman, Fishndadio, MertzonMan...all of you are on my mind today. :o I'm sorry because I know there are many more that I'm just not aware of.

Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith..It's just the price you pay for loving someone.-Author Unknown

Someone here on TBH once shared this with me:
"The lonliest people are the kindest.
The saddest people smile the brightest.
The most damaged people are the wisest.
All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do"
...Anonymous

DaveS903 06-21-2015 12:42 PM

Amen.

Shooter 06-21-2015 12:53 PM

We lost our beautiful girl when she was seven years old. She was such a great kid, she was on the top rated swim team, could water ski since she was five and also on a ballet team.

She flew to PA by herself to spend time with my parents. When we picked her up a week later at the airport she did not have color in her lips. We asked her if she was OK and she said yes.

This was on a Saturday and my wife took her to her doctor Monday morning. He said take her to Texas Childrens Hospital emergency room where she was diagnosed with Acute Myloid Leukemia and died three and one half weeks later.

She would have been 29 on June 2.

This is hard to write, but I thank you for starting this thread.

Shooter 06-21-2015 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was our baby.
Attachment 721728

Shooter 06-21-2015 01:00 PM

With tears in my eyes, I thank you again RascalArms.

RascalArms 06-21-2015 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooter (Post 10188320)
With tears in my eyes, I thank you again RascalArms.

Thanks for sharing your story Doug...she is beautiful! May God Bless you sir.

My oldest son Jerod. 9/2/84 - 6/9/2009

Landrover 06-21-2015 01:17 PM

Really tough to read this..........but YES............Happy Fathers Day to the ones that have the deepest scars. Keep your belief strong, no matter what life brings your way! Mine (17) got on a plane early this morning for Johns Hopkins Medical camp. I was thrilled when she landed 35 minutes early and texted, all was great in her world.............and mine!

cattlelackranch 06-21-2015 01:20 PM

Thanks Joel for bringing this to light. What a great reminder that celebration for many can stir different emotions for a few.

mjhaverkamp 06-21-2015 01:37 PM

Wishing you all a special Fathers Day and also to the Fathers who have lost Fathers.

Shooter 06-21-2015 01:42 PM

RascalArms, I can tell by looking at your son's face and eyes that he was a good person. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Landrover, I know what you felt when your daughter got on that plane. That's exactly how I felt. One good thing is not many people belong to the club that no one ever wants to join.

I pray that no one on here ever becomes a member. Chances are slim, but as parents you always worry.

Boss Buck 06-21-2015 02:56 PM

They are with our father in heaven. Waiting for us to come home.

rubydog 06-21-2015 03:15 PM

Happy Fathers Day guys. Tough reading all the way around

Fishndude 06-21-2015 03:31 PM

Thanks for thinking of this RA. I'm not a fan of Father's Day but I'm a fan of all the great dads here. Both those who have dealt with loss and those who haven't, deserve recognition for the greatest title a man can be given. Happy Fathers day everyone!

WCB 06-21-2015 03:34 PM

May you all find peace and God Bless you all.

Cajun Blake 06-21-2015 03:39 PM

prayers and supprt sent to all who have been mentioned above

I'd also like to mention Bearkills who lost his 13 yr old son in a drowning accident in 2009 :(

we love all of you the whole world and pray for you and your spouses daily

Papa Prosser , we love you too sir

SaltwaterSlick 06-21-2015 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our only son was a true disciple of the Lord right up until he went home. This was the last he and I went fishing. As usual he kicked my butt fishing. He got his limit and I got 15... I miss him so bad every day, but I rest easy knowing his pain is over and he will no longer have struggles like he did here on this earth. His last earthly act was to pray over another young man for hours to drive out demons from him. This young man came to me and told me what Lester had done for him. I have a hole in my heart that will never be healed, but it is a scar, not a wound any longer. With the love and support of family and friends (especially my TBH brothers and sisters), and the boundless grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I can now rejoice in the good times and memories we have of our son. My daughter and her wonderful husband, have given us two grandsons in whom my wife and I are pouring ourselves into their lives. They are our joy and our gift from God.

Joel, thank you sir! To all those who are in this club, those who have buried a child, I lift you up to our Lord for His comfort that is beyond understanding.

Indeed we had a great service with a powerful message delivered by our pastor this morning. We had over 300 Junior High kids in service that we sent off to "Beach Retreat" in Biloxi Ms. for a life changing week in worship and Bible Study. They are part of a larger group combined with all our campuses of over 1500 kids. Last week we had almost 3,000 high schoolers in Pensacola. Over 300 made a profession of faith! That's our future, and those are all our kids!

Y'all have a great Father's Day!

Thanks again Joel.

Fishndude 06-21-2015 04:12 PM

Greatness Charlie

Shooter 06-21-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishndadio (Post 10188643)
Thanks for thinking of this RA. I'm not a fan of Father's Day but I'm a fan of all the great dads here. Both those who have dealt with loss and those who haven't, deserve recognition for the greatest title a man can be given. Happy Fathers day everyone!

You are a very caring person based on your post. I also know you have to be a very strong man. The fact that you are a newer member of the club makes me pray even more for your comfort and peace today.

You will play the cards you have been dealt and do it with whatever it takes.

God bless you.

RascalArms 06-21-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishndadio (Post 10188740)
Greatness Charlie

Yes sir...Charlie has a way with words and embodies the very spirit of TBH. He is blessed with the gift of "encouragement"! Of which, I've personally been on the receiving end many a time.:)

Shooter 06-21-2015 04:20 PM

SaltwaterSlick, I did not see your post, as I was also typing. I am so sorry for your loss and your membership in this club.

Your posts are always well written and show your strength. Thank you and God bless.

Texastaxi 06-21-2015 07:04 PM

This is a tough thread to read.
God bless all of you that have endured this pain.

Kcwwcb 06-21-2015 07:22 PM

God bless all the members of this "club". Words seem futile on a day like this, but you are in our thoughts and prayers. Sorry for the pain you have experienced, and continue to feel daily. The strength you show acts as hope for those around you. God bless each one of you,and you are in our prayers!

Crazy Horse 06-21-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texastaxi (Post 10189130)
This is a tough thread to read.
God bless all of you that have endured this pain.

I'll take a direct kick in the balls before I read this thread again....
My prayers & respect to you all...

****ing allergies....

Ricky T 06-21-2015 09:39 PM

God bless you mommas and daddies that have lost children. I have a 29 year old daughter struggling with addiction but she is still alive and there is hope and faith. Can't imagine that hope being gone.

nursejenn 06-21-2015 09:54 PM

I truly can't imagine losing a child and wish no one ever had to know that pain. God bless each and every one of you and your families. Yall are definitely in my thoughts and prayers often.
I wish I could hug you all... :(

CrookedArrow 06-21-2015 09:56 PM

wow and shedding tears reading this

ted_kennedys_liver 06-21-2015 10:24 PM

Prayers to all of you.

RascalArms 06-18-2017 11:19 AM

Thought I would bump this thread. Remembering my brothers on Father's Day.

Fishndude 06-18-2017 11:31 AM

Thanks RA!!

"Dad". The greatest title and biggest challenge in life.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7a57013b08.jpg

Artos 06-18-2017 11:38 AM

Wow...difficult to share how I'm feeling.


Te Amo fellas...

<><

TP3 06-18-2017 11:38 AM

There are some real men around these parts.

We lost my little sister last February, and I know how hard it was on my dad. I posted about it on here and yall (the MEN this thread is honoring) were some of the most sincere and heartfelt responses of the hundreds that I received. PM'S also, meant so much in a terrible time.

God bless each and everyone of you.

DaveC 06-18-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texastaxi (Post 10189130)
This is a tough thread to read.
God bless all of you that have endured this pain.




Quote:

Originally Posted by CrookedArrow (Post 10189621)
wow and shedding tears reading this

Dittos.

Dang dusty room

clayg08 06-18-2017 12:28 PM

God bless you guys. Hoping you can find some peace and comfort on this day. My thoughts are with you all.

Razorback01 06-18-2017 01:46 PM

Up for this list of special dads.

Cajun Blake 06-18-2017 02:13 PM

Sending up more prayers and support for all our brothers listed above and others not mentioned. We love you guys

Cazador 06-18-2017 04:37 PM

God bless you all.

My father in law lost his daughter (my wife) and his son last year less than 3 weeks apart. Donna and Dave were their only two children. The anniversarry of their deaths are fast approaching. I just remembered that it was the evening of Father's Day last year that Donna was admitted into the hospital for the last time.

Fishndude 06-18-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cazador (Post 12513969)
God bless you all.

My father in law lost his daughter (my wife) and his son last year less than 3 weeks apart. Donna and Dave were their only two children. The anniversarry of their deaths are fast approaching. I just remembered that it was the evening of Father's Day last year that Donna was admitted into the hospital for the last time.

God bless you and your father in law sir.

Hoggslayer 06-18-2017 04:57 PM

I could only read half of this before I lost it. Prayers for all of you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ShockValue 06-18-2017 05:04 PM

God bless you guys.

J Sweet 06-18-2017 05:46 PM

I cant even imagine. God bless yall Happy Fathers Day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaltwaterSlick 06-18-2017 10:18 PM

Thanks Joel for bumping this thread. This is sure not a club anyone wants to be a member of as you very well know. However I am a living testament that the Lord can use an unimaginable tragedy for His good. There's not a day that goes by that I do not miss our son. I have come a long way toward healing. That hole is still there, but the scar is a sure sign of healing. I have been able to rejoice in the work the Lord has been able to do in me and through me because of this tragedy... I would love to be able to go back and undo it, but even so, I can honestly and boldly say the God through his unbounded mercy, grace and love has returned my joy... Yes I still have my moments, but I have adjusted to the new normal and I do everything I can to put Him first. To all of you who are brothers and sisters in this group, I pray you will let the Lord work on you and through you too to give you back your joy. It is a different joy and knowing that it is only temporary until we are rejoined with our beloved son and The Son, it is a good earthly joy.
God bless you all.

Landrover 06-18-2017 10:25 PM

Yep, I got nothing to add but how truly strong you men are! I would be a total basket case. prayers forever!!

AntlerCollector 06-18-2017 10:35 PM

I can't imagine a greater pain on this earth than losing a child. It's just not natural for a parent to have to bury their kid. God bless all of you who have experienced that hell on earth. I pray for continued strength for you.

Smart 06-18-2017 10:45 PM

God Bless all you fathers.....

Texas Grown 06-18-2017 10:50 PM

My hope and love go out to all the parents who are separated from their children at the present. Know in Faith, that we will all be reunited.

I spent the day with my two living children, my grandboys, my Dad, and the rest of my immediate family. I have only a few pics of the Blessed time I was allowed with my oldest on Polaroid. This is not one of them. But a reminder to me of each and every moment I did have with him. There is so much I remember during his short life. It was a very trying time for me during his short stay here on earth. And I had a battle for many years afterwards before I finally gave in to the Lord. I look back on my life now and see so much of what our Father has done, not just for me, but for others as well. The more I look, the more I find it to the point that I find it almost daily. And not just what we come to expect daily.

May each of you be blessed with the peace in Him, our Lord, that I have come to know.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ictureid=10002

HogHunter34 06-18-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick (Post 10188678)
Our only son was a true disciple of the Lord right up until he went home. This was the last he and I went fishing. As usual he kicked my butt fishing. He got his limit and I got 15... I miss him so bad every day, but I rest easy knowing his pain is over and he will no longer have struggles like he did here on this earth. His last earthly act was to pray over another young man for hours to drive out demons from him. This young man came to me and told me what Lester had done for him. I have a hole in my heart that will never be healed, but it is a scar, not a wound any longer. With the love and support of family and friends (especially my TBH brothers and sisters), and the boundless grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I can now rejoice in the good times and memories we have of our son. My daughter and her wonderful husband, have given us two grandsons in whom my wife and I are pouring ourselves into their lives. They are our joy and our gift from God.

Joel, thank you sir! To all those who are in this club, those who have buried a child, I lift you up to our Lord for His comfort that is beyond understanding.

Indeed we had a great service with a powerful message delivered by our pastor this morning. We had over 300 Junior High kids in service that we sent off to "Beach Retreat" in Biloxi Ms. for a life changing week in worship and Bible Study. They are part of a larger group combined with all our campuses of over 1500 kids. Last week we had almost 3,000 high schoolers in Pensacola. Over 300 made a profession of faith! That's our future, and those are all our kids!

Y'all have a great Father's Day!

Thanks again Joel.

Great testimony brother! Tough read through these posts but very honorable to those mentioned. My heart breaks as I could not imagine the loss of a child. It was hard enough losing my mother nearly 4 months ago. God bless!

SaltwaterSlick 06-18-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Grown (Post 12514841)
My hope and love go out to all the parents who are separated from their children at the present. Know in Faith, that we will all be reunited.

I spent the day with my two living children, my grandboys, my Dad, and the rest of my immediate family. I have only a few pics of the Blessed time I was allowed with my oldest on Polaroid. This is not one of them. But a reminder to me of each and every moment I did have with him. There is so much I remember during his short life. It was a very trying time for me during his short stay here on earth. And I had a battle for many years afterwards before I finally gave in to the Lord. I look back on my life now and see so much of what our Father has done, not just for me, but for others as well. The more I look, the more I find it to the point that I find it almost daily. And not just what we come to expect daily.

May each of you be blessed with the peace in Him, our Lord, that I have come to know.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ictureid=10002

Michael, I didn't know.... I am so sorry brother! God bless you sir!

RascalArms 06-19-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Grown (Post 12514841)
My hope and love go out to all the parents who are separated from their children at the present. Know in Faith, that we will all be reunited.

I spent the day with my two living children, my grandboys, my Dad, and the rest of my immediate family. I have only a few pics of the Blessed time I was allowed with my oldest on Polaroid. This is not one of them. But a reminder to me of each and every moment I did have with him. There is so much I remember during his short life. It was a very trying time for me during his short stay here on earth. And I had a battle for many years afterwards before I finally gave in to the Lord. I look back on my life now and see so much of what our Father has done, not just for me, but for others as well. The more I look, the more I find it to the point that I find it almost daily. And not just what we come to expect daily.

May each of you be blessed with the peace in Him, our Lord, that I have come to know.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ictureid=10002

Wow, Mike I didn't know this my friend.

I echo what you and Charlie say...there is life in Him and time heals all. And yes, it was a battle for me but with God's grace, the help of my family and most importantly my beautiful wife I am still alive today. Believe it or not, several TBH members (without knowing) have played a pretty important role as well. The new normal is much different now but I'm finally somewhat whole once again.
It's been 8 years and 10 days since my son died and for several years all I could think of was the negatives that were associated with his death. Only recently have I been able to draw on the fun and positive memories we shared during his 24 years of life.
I can only pray those of you in this "club" find eventual peace in life.
God Bless

Toolman 06-19-2017 08:11 AM

Thank you for the thoughts. Saturday was 2 years since my son went to heaven. Fathers day was tough. I know he is in a much better place. It still hurts not getting that call or visit I used to get. But I know someday I will see him again.

RascalArms 06-19-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolman (Post 12515162)
Thank you for the thoughts. Saturday was 2 years since my son went to heaven. Fathers day was tough. I know he is in a much better place. It still hurts not getting that call or visit I used to get. But I know someday I will see him again.

I remember this Toolman and I hurt for you knowing the pain of the first few years. Those are the toughest by far. All I know is it WILL get easier sir....I promise. Hang in there brother.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com