Tent Ground Blinds w/ Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tent Ground Blinds w/ Floor

If I'm not mistaken....doesn't someone make a tent ground blind with the floor, sewn or zippered in-place(option).

If so, who makes them ?..... And has anyone hunted out of one, with the floor ?

Any pros/cons ?

I have not seen one. I wish they did it would prevent snakes and other creature from gettting in. Also, it would help with poison oak leaves. I had a bad reaction the first day of the season two years ago from setting up my blind on some nice poisonous leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREFIGHTER16 View Post
      Any pros/cons ?
      Cons-
      Probably loud.
      Nowhere to spit.
      You WILL have to step outside to pee!!!
      End up collecting leaves and dirt. Have to bring a shop vac everytime you go hunt.

Pros-
      Haven't thought of any yet.

Comment

Ameristep Intimidator Blind.... great blind!

Comment

They did it a bunch in the early days of ground blinds but have gotten away from it for the most part because they rotted out very quickly. If ya do find one. only put floor in on rainy days.

Comment

Originally posted by coach_stew View Post
            Ameristep Intimidator Blind.... great blind!
            Coach.....Any problems with the floor rotting ?

Comment

Every pop-up I own has a zip in floor. That is a requirement for me. I've never had one rot or even mildew. I hate snakes so that is why I won't own one without a floor. The biggest issue you will have is noise if you don't put down carpet. I just get some scrap carpet and put it down. No problems whatsoever.

I used Ameristep Doghouse TSC's for quite a while but switched to the Ameristep Dream Season two years ago. Best pop-up I've ever hunted out of or even seen. They are fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREFIGHTER16 View Post
                Coach.....Any problems with the floor rotting ?
                Nope.... Know I only kept it out for about 3 months at a time.

Comment

I liked the floor idea, too, for maybe a little better scent containment. Gander Mountain has a couple of their brand blinds that have floors and they do seem to work well with some carpet on top. However, the mice chew holes in my blinds so fast I just lay carpet on the ground any more.

Comment

Working...
                  X