Robert lee Coke County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert lee Coke County

Let's see your trail cam pictures!! Headed out on a hunt this weekend, how is it out there and what should I expect?

TIA!

Anyone?

Comment

Smaller buck a chasing this weekend. Had an 8 killed on the lease this weekend and his jocks were blonde as can be. The processor in Bronte was packed with Saturday.

Comment

I'd be interested in some info on this area as well. Going to hunt this area with a buddy the first week of December

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
          Smaller buck a chasing this weekend. Had an 8 killed on the lease this weekend and his jocks were blonde as can be. The processor in Bronte was packed with Saturday.
          What about size of deer? I know each property is different but what does a typical buck look like or score?

Comment

Originally posted by jfalcone8 View Post
            What about size of deer? I know each property is different but what does a typical buck look like or score?
            The area is very hit and miss with quality. Giants in patches. Lots of hunting pressure in areas. Axis closer to the river. Seen some good deer there. Water valley area has some nice ones.

Comment

I am not seeing the quality this year that I saw the past two years. The rains were hit and miss so it was not a great year for good forage. The deer look healthy but the antlers didn't grow quite as well where I live.

I saw this guy behind the house last year and he had several buddies nearly as good.
              Attached Files

Comment

My ranch is in Robert Lee. So far seen some shooters on cam but I think my neighbor got them lol

Comment

Our lease is 9 miles West of Robert Lee. Haven't seen much to get excited about. Lots of young bucks that could be very nice in a few years but with the pressure around us I don't think it will ever happen. We're only there on the weekends but each morning sounds like a war zone. haha... it literally sounds like each rifle shot is followed my another one or two follow up shots. We've seen a few big ones on camera in previous years passing through during the rut but not much this year so far. Just have to be at the right place at the right time IMO for 130"+ deer to be seen on the hoof.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Smaller bodied deer, but lots of them. Like said above, a little smaller racks this year then the last couple. Still nice bucks around. Turkey and quail have really picked up in population last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jfalcone8 View Post
                        Most of the deer brought into the processor were the typical 100# live weight 100” bucks. We’re in between Robert Lee and Bronte. We started running protein all year and have had noticeable differences in antler size and weights. We seen more deer this year than we have in the last 10 years

Comment

Not much of nothing going on, its been a disappointing year.

Comment

"Average" year for us. My camera is on it's last leg and I didn't get any pre-season pics. Swapped cards and put in fresh batteries and I got a few bucks on cam. One is a 5.5yo 9pt that may touch 130. As he's the oldest I've seen on camera (after 2 weeks of pics) and what I've seen sitting on stand, he may be the oldest one around unless the rut stirs them up a lot.

Had a 5.5yo 12 pt killed last weekend that went 134ish. If we hit 145" this year I'll be surprised. Not as good of a year as last year but still better than a few years ago.

We hunt between RL and Sterling to the north of 158

Comment

Two big ones....

Posted these pics in different forums but:

Pic on the card/computer is a Buck that's visiting my feeder...have not been in the stand at the right time so far...but this weekend???

Other pic is a Buck taken near Water Valley two weekends past. The guy in the pic is one of our lease members who had to get a pic of the buck "someone else took," at the processor in Bronte where two of our guys were dropping off. AGAIN, none of our lease members took this big non-typical, just saving the moment in pics for a great Toad and the processor told them it was harvested near Water Valley.

Neither of these bucks are "typical" for our area (or at least seen regularly.) But, good numbers and just finding the right time....as anywhere. Good Luck...oh, our place is "very close" to Robert Lee...just minutes!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X