Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck tires on a UTV Crew Per PM's

In case anyone else is interested:

I've responded and posted several times the tires I have on our UTV. It's a Ranger 800 LE/EPS/'13 that we bought from a local in our area. The tires are NOT standard UTV tires, no lift, no special add on's to accommodate the tire size.

I have had NO issues with rubbing, performance...other than so smooth you would be shocked and most important NO flats and we are in rough country full of cactus and mesquite. I did have them "slimed" for added protection but really don't think it's a must!

Here are the specs for the tires..will get me out of trouble for the numerous delayed PM's...my apologies folks when I've taken too long to get back to you:

*BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain
    *3 ply sidewall & C Load Range
    *1215/75R15 100/97Q

All I really can say is that I've been blessed to have many different ATV's & UTV's over the years and these tires have made a BIG difference in performance and reliability. As I've told several in PM responses..the guy we bought this from said the Polaris dealer argued with him saying he needed this and that...at BIG $$, to make it work but all he did was change the rims to fit the tires and the Ranger. Additionally..if your UTV has power steering, these tires and performance are even THAT much better. Hope this helps and as for us, the ONLY way to go...also adds about a 2" +- lift just with the tires.

Kuma
    Attached Files

How much were they per tire?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      How much were they per tire?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      They came on the UTV. If you are interested I would talk to Discount for a price...we don't buy our tires for all vehicles other than them? UTV tires, for those of us who have had to replace them, are expensive IMO. I'd rather put a tire on with a hazard warranty, I know...you pay for it, but it has worked for us for many years on various vehicles.

Comment

Love it.

I’ve got 15” wheels on my crew with with some 29” UTV tires... I’m swapping to BFGs pretty soon as our ranger runs around the neighborhood and it’s eating up the current tires.

Comment

Great write up that is so helpful. Good to know it looks is so easy and reliable. Thanks

Comment

Not to mention, if my math is right, that tire is a little more than 8” wide. From my past experience with ATVs, once you go taller than about 27 or 28 inch tires, it starts to become difficult to find a narrow tire. The more narrow a tire is, the less of a chance of it rubbing when turning sharp corners.

Comment

Thanks Kuma, you know what size rim they’re on? I’m having trouble with shops down here being confused on the rims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's just a matter of time before I do this. I think the tires are around $160 a piece at Discount. Rims will be about $500 for a set. I need to figure out offset to make sure this works as I think that's kinda key.

Thanks, Don!!!

Comment

I agree , it is a lot better ride with truck tires! I run super swampers on mine and have not had any issues

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                    Thanks Kuma, you know what size rim they’re on? I’m having trouble with shops down here being confused on the rims.

I "guess" they are 15's as the tires are? I can't get down low enough to see if they are marked, lol! Dang bad knee's strike again......

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                      Love it.

I’ve got 15” wheels on my crew with with some 29” UTV tires... I’m swapping to BFGs pretty soon as our ranger runs around the neighborhood and it’s eating up the current tires.
                      This is another reason why we like them. I used this UTV in land sales before I retired. The roads we would travel on tours ranged from pavement to pasture, gravel, MUD and my clients would always comment on how good the ride was. Plus...I think it really looks good besides the performance. One more thing...with this size there is not a problem with mud being thrown up on passengers. My son's Crew, at the lease, has oversized ATV tires that extend far enough out on the side that you will get covered in a muddy ride.

Comment

This is awesome

Comment

My dads gator has 14” wheels on it. He did this with buckshot mudders since that was really the only mud tire available and didn’t want to buy new wheels. They worked out ok, but didn’t for whatever reason get the mileage out of them as we thought he would. He went back to a UTV tires before the Gator with swimming during Harvey.

No doubt the BFG tires is a better tires, I’m curious to see what kind of mileage they get in west Texas.

It looks really good too.

Comment

Take a look at Treadwright tires. They are light duty truck tires and are usually pretty darn cheap compared to BFG, SS, Dunlop etc... I've had three sets of them on "on-road" trucks and they did well. I'd bet they'd last you a long time on a UTV.

Richard

Comment

After this happening with a stock aluminum rim I’m leaning more and more this route. I need to figure out what the brand and model of rims Kuma has, or just carry less tubs of rice bran[emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                              X