Gout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gout...

Wanting to see who's battling with this unfair condition.... It runs in my family and I think I have inherited it, because I don't eat meat on a daily basis and I don't drink alcohol everyday or week either and I'm in fairly good shape and not overweight...
    My dad had it and so do my brothers and cousins....
    I haven't had a breakout (Thank God!) but my Uric Acid is through the roof, so high that my doctor freaked out and couldn't believe it...

Those who have high uric acid or have gout,,,, what do you eat? care to share your daily diet? seems like EVERYTHING is bad for high uric acid.

very frustrated and running out of options on food that actually fills me up.

Originally posted by ATI View Post
    Wanting to see who's battling with this unfair condition.... It runs in my family and I think I have inherited it, because I don't eat meat on a daily basis and I don't drink alcohol everyday or week either and I'm in fairly good shape and not overweight...
    My dad had it and so do my brothers and cousins....
    I haven't had a breakout (Thank God!) but my Uric Acid is through the roof, so high that my doctor freaked out and couldn't believe it...

Those who have high uric acid or have gout,,,, what do you eat? care to share your daily diet? seems like EVERYTHING is bad for high uric acid.

very frustrated and running out of options on food that actually fills me up.
    get yourself a prescription for Allopurinol, eat what you want.

I haven't had a flare up since I've been taking it for the last 8 yrs or so.

Comment

I’m on alupurinol now, but my Uric Acid was 15.... anything over 6 is considered high, so I need to help reduce it by diet as well... I ate a supreme Pizza the other day it was so filling and awesome and it made me realize how we take things for granted.
      Gout sucks donkeys

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
        I’m on alupurinol now, but my Uric Acid was 15.... anything over 6 is considered high, so I need to help reduce it by diet as well... I ate a supreme Pizza the other day it was so filling and awesome and it made me realize how we take things for granted.
        Gout sucks donkeys

Dang I was going to suggest the meds as well, but that clearly isnt working. Do you eat a lot of fruit and drink a bunch of juice? I know folks says cherry juice will help flush your system and get the acid levels down to get rid of gout. Maybe that could help you out as well. Other than that, all I can say is im sorry you have to deal with it. Cause it SUCKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

glad y'all brought this up because this week I can hardly walk. Can't think of anything out of the ordinary to cause the soreness ... I'm just assuming this is it.
          Following this thread for remedies ... thx!

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            glad y'all brought this up because this week I can hardly walk. Can't think of anything out of the ordinary to cause the soreness ... I'm just assuming this is it.
            Following this thread for remedies ... thx!
            Are you overweight? How old are you? Big toes or knees?

Go see a doctor ASAP it could be causing permanent joint damage... "PERMANENT"....

Comment

your body could not be getting rid of it like it should thats what happend to me diet has nothing to do with it for me

Comment

correct, it's different with everyone. I have a friend who's Uric Acid was at 4 and had a flareup.
                It's closely related to fatty liver, kidney stones, type II diabetes... I've cut alcohol 100% from my life, which I'm kind of happy about since I have a 1 year old son and I don't want him to drink and not seeing me drink will help, but I can't cut meat, bread, some fruits and vegetables from my diet... I'm constantly hungry now... It's miserable.

Comment

not to mention the pain and stiffness in the joints....

Comment

Go to doctor and get Allipurinol and be done. The longer you let it go the worse it will get and the more joints it will affect.

I had it so bad the last time, they gave me steroid shots and I walked on crutches for a week. That was 9 years ago,have not had a flare up since with Allipurinol.

Comment

There are other newer meds out like allopurinol that lower uric acid. I don't think you can lower it much with diet alone. I've been taking 300 mg of allopurinol a day for 20 yrs or more. It helped me. I bet there is a med or combination that would help. Some people have gout attacks with low uric acid levels. I would recommend seeing a rheumatologist. Gout is considered an arthritic condition. Pm me if I can help.

Comment

Originally posted by redleif View Post
                        There are other newer meds out like allopurinol that lower uric acid. I don't think you can lower it much with diet alone. I've been taking 300 mg of allopurinol a day for 20 yrs or more. It helped me. I bet there is a med or combination that would help. Some people have gout attacks with low uric acid levels. I would recommend seeing a rheumatologist. Gout is considered an arthritic condition. Pm me if I can help.

I'm looking for a rheumatologist in N.Dallas area... all are either booked or want a referral and my idiot doctor won't answer his phone (he wants me to go for a visit so he can collect more money)

Comment

yes it sucks for sure, im 32 and get it all the time in my feet. I take indomethacin when I feel a flare up coming on and it usually knocks it out the next day. My next step is to get a prescription to take everyday, which at first when I went to the dr I said no to be cause I was too young to be taking meds everyday for the rest of my life. but it is what it is. feel sorry for anyone that has it or has had it.

Comment

Had my first attack 23ish years ago. Modified my diet and had 2-3 attack's a year. Been on allopurinol as stated, no more issues and eat as much protein as you want. Mine was in the big toe, right foot

Comment

Jucy Juice cherry juce, 8oz a day, eliminated mine

Comment

Working...
                              X