View Full Version : Homebrew STS

Rattler
03-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Whatcha Need:

1 Cable guard
1 Limbsaver Cable guard Dampner
1 small tye wrap
Superglue

Take the cable guard and slide the dampner on it. Measure the distance from the wrench headed side of the threads to your string. mark the spot with a pencil on the cableguard of where the dampner ends TOWARD the bow (not the string side). Slide off the dampner and remove the metal ring around it. Use the ring's width to mark the other distance from the pencil mark toward the back end of the cable. This mark will be where you cut off the end of the cable guard. Take the superglue and put a few drops to your first measurement line. Push the Limbsaver Dampner to this mark (it should be about an 1 1/4"). This will leave you enough room so the string wont hit the cable guard end inside the dampner. Take your small tye wrap and "cinch" it down in the small neck of the dampner. Screw to your bow and you are ready to shoot!

Note: I tapped a hole and pressure set a small allenwernch to stick out a tad to act as a stopper incase the dampner tried to move up the cable guard.

Russ81
03-19-2007, 10:29 PM
pretty neat but do you worry about the dampener pushing up the pipe and then the string hitting the pipe?

Rattler
03-22-2007, 12:33 AM
No cause the rubber is #1 cinched down by a plastic tie wrap, #2 glued, #3has the allen wrench as the set pin behind it to prevent it from pushing further. I have over 500 shots on this one and it is fine!

chadc
03-29-2007, 12:28 PM
A real newbie question, what is the point of an STS?

Chad

Rattler
03-29-2007, 01:22 PM
It silences your string so you dont have to use string silencers thus increasing speed of your bow and no string silencers to rob you of speed. They also help take some shock out of the bow.

chadc
03-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Thank you for the info, something to think of when I purchase my next bow.

Chad

wbhinton
12-24-2008, 02:54 PM
I am trying to invision this but cant quite picture it.... does anyone have pictures?

Quackwacker58
12-25-2008, 04:06 AM
I am trying to invision this but cant quite picture it.... does anyone have pictures?

X2

Jesse
12-25-2008, 05:11 PM
here is he one I threw together. I used a cable mount from an old string tracker i had and a limbsaver mount I already had too. seems to work fine, made my bow quieter for sure. do not forget to serve the string where it hits though.
Blessings

wbhinton
12-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the pictures. That helps me out a lot. I will have to try this one out.