Help with tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with tuning

I am trying to tune my bow, bare shaft tune, and the problem I am getting is that the bare shaft arrow is nock high in the target compared to my fletched arrow. It doesn't seem to matter where I put the nock. My setup is Bear patriot 60' 28" dl arrows 2016 at 29" with 125gr tips. It is the same with either ff or dacron string.

What is the draw weight on your bow?

Not sure what to tell you to do since you are adjusting your knock point.

Where are the experts?

Comment

i am not an expert but from what i could tell it doesn't matter where your nock is just where the arrow hits. i have the same problem. i am nock high at the target but they group just left of my fletched arrows, right where i want them to be so i just called it good.

Comment

Maybe this will help you.

Remember, only adjust one thing at a time so you will know what each change you make does to your arrow flight.

Comment

BARE SHAFTS GROUPING HIGH

Reason: Nock point too low

Remedy: Raise nock point

BARE SHAFTS GROUPING LOW

Reason: Nock point too high

Remedy: Lower nock point

BARE SHAFTS GROUPING LEFT

Reason: Over spined (stiff)

Remedy: Heavier point, or thinner side plate, or longer shaft, or switching from a Dacron string to a DF-97 or Fast Flight, or new, weaker arrows.

BARE SHAFTS GROUPING RIGHT

Reason: Under spined (weak)

Remedy: Lighter point. or thicker side plate, or shorter shaft, or switch from a DF-97 or FF string to Dacron, or new, stiffer arrows.

^

Copied that from O.L. Adcock's tuning page.

Comment

Working...
          X