Kjo???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kjo???????

I am thinking of booking a hunt with KJO. I know they have a good rep. on here. I am thinking of booking the Deluxe Lonestar Package. My question is, what are my chances of getting a shot at everything in that package?

very good......... not a sure thing for sure but you stand a good chance. And Keith will make sure you get the best chance you can at them all.

Comment

Depends on the time of year. I typically head to Keiths early spring primarily for Rams, Blackbuck and Axis. All on the package you mention and those animals have been seen each time I have been there (and harvested as well). However if you are looking for Fallow, Sika, Red Deer, etc. they have either dropped horns or are all broken up by them. They are very similar to whitetails as far a time of year to go after for good headgear. If I wanted a chance at everything on there, the time I would book would be early January.

As far as Keith's place is concerned, he has the animals. If you tell him what you want he will let you know if he has it and what your chances are. He will not mislead you to get you there. He may even attempt to get the animal you want on his ranch if need be. Then there is Keith. He will do what he can to get you on the animal you want. That being said, it is not always a guaranteed deal, but I can say that I have been with quite a few guys over the time I have been there and all but 1 shot what they wanted. The only one that did not was my uncle and he had an excellent shot at a very nice (20+) blackbuck. He passed because he wanted an Axis. Unfortunately that year was wetter than this and the Axis were laying up in the brush. He never got his shot on an axis.

Keith will do all he can to make sure you have a good time and get you the opportunity you want. Just pick the time of year to coincide with what you want, or to give you the best possible quantity of moving animals. Call Keith and he will tell you when to go for the specific animal you want.

Good Luck.

Comment

you can't go wrong with him

Comment

Thanks form the replys. I will be booking with him SOON. Man, I love this exotis hunting stuff.

K9Carlo, I want to see some oics of the german shepard in your pic. I raise GSDs for Schutzhund. I have two now that are going to be incredable.

Comment

Great place!!! Keith is awesome!!!
            Heres my ram from there a couple of weeks ago..

Comment

I went to KJO in April and was wanting axis doe and pigs.
              I didn't see any does at my stands and the wind was terrible, however I did see allot of animals. Passed on one hog and ended up not gettig anything on my hunt but a great time.
              I rebooked for July "axis rut" and hunting over water.
              Maybe I will finally get my first KJO kill on my second KJO hunt.

The place is great, I have no complaints but mother natures wind.
              Camp house is not a Hilton,but is very neat and comfortable.
              Plenty of food!
              I was unhappy I didn't get a kill on my first round, but let's face it. When go to a place for the first time your basically trying it out and seeing how well you like it and if it is/was worth paying to hunt there. And of course you hope to get a kill.

I will definitly try to hunt this place at least once a year or two if I can handle the finances.

Comment

I just came from there this weekend. Hunted with Olphart, Shiznitz. Texas Rio was there with Wes and Kristi. I saw everyone of the animals listed in that package except the Oryx. In fact, while looking for an animal that one of the hunters shot, I cam up close and personal with a large hog and an axis buck that almost ran over me. Liske stated above, Keith will tell you where and when the best places are and will do his darnedest to get you the animal you want. I am ready to book with him again and it is mainly because of Keith. I have never met a more honest outfitter, and that sspeaks volumes in my book.

Comment

Was there the weekend after DrenalineJunkie and his group. Had a great time. Saw hogs and rams everytime on stand. Saw just about every exotic on the place at one stand are another. My 9 year old son got his first two bow kills, a hog and an African Pygmy Goat. You might not see everything you are looking for but it will not be because Keith is not trying. If you are going in the heat of the summer I would take some kind of bug repellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fig View Post
                    I just came from there this weekend. Hunted with Olphart, Shiznitz. Texas Rio was there with Wes and Kristi. I saw everyone of the animals listed in that package except the Oryx. In fact, while looking for an animal that one of the hunters shot, I cam up close and personal with a large hog and an axis buck that almost ran over me. Liske stated above, Keith will tell you where and when the best places are and will do his darnedest to get you the animal you want. I am ready to book with him again and it is mainly because of Keith. I have never met a more honest outfitter, and that sspeaks volumes in my book.
                    did ya'll kill anything, Rich?

my sis said you guys were headed down there...

hope rob told you about my 170" this year!

Comment

I killed some hogs...2 found, 1 sacrificed to the alligator in the pond. Sunday I killed a wide, full-curl Corsican. At the taxidermist now. I am working on the "Texas Ram Slam".

Comment

Post a pic of your ram id like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                          Post a pic of your ram id like to see it.
                          x2

Comment

Ok, Im convinced. I will be calling Keith tomorrow. You Texas boys dont know how good you got it. There is awesome places to hunt close to you that you can hunt all year. Not so here. If the oilfield wasnt so slow there Id move there.

Comment

I will have to post when I get home. I thought Mason would post up some pics in the hunting reports, but not yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X