Knife Holsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife Holsters

Thanks to the inspiration of savagehunter83's 'holster build along' I dusted off the ol' leather working box and came up with these two knife holsters. They were both prototypes (or experiments, which ever you want to call it) so I'm not real crazy about them. One hasn't been tanned and the other is only oiled. Thanks Matt, for the indirect encouragement, I really had forgotten how fun it was!
    Attached Files

They look great to me! Something really satisfying about working with leather. Looks like you have the touch!

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom!

Comment

Head very nice let me tell you what i just found out a dremmel tool on low speed with one of the minni drum sander attachments can realy clean up your edges then if you want to dye it do that then get a old tooth brush and use just eh smooth plastck and rub it quickly up and down the edge while it is still wet this is called slicking.
        Matt

Comment

Using a pair of old work boots works great because you already have the belt loop,which you use to pull up your boots.

Comment

Originally posted by savagehunter83 View Post
            Head very nice let me tell you what i just found out a dremmel tool on low speed with one of the minni drum sander attachments can realy clean up your edges then if you want to dye it do that then get a old tooth brush and use just eh smooth plastck and rub it quickly up and down the edge while it is still wet this is called slicking.
            Matt
            As always, thanks for the help Matt. Been busy lately, but hopefully I can get something else done soon!

Comment

Working...
            X