Jalapeno Cheese Summer Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jalapeno Cheese Summer Sausage

Does anyone have a good recipe to make jalapeno cheese summer sausage? I'm wanting to make some but can't find a recipe anywhere. Thanks in advance for the help,

Steve

Ditto

I'm in the same boat. WOuld love some input on grandpa's secret recipes. HELP!!!

Comment

We bought a kit from Cabelas and just added jalapenos and cheese to the recipe provided. A kit makes 30 pounds of sausage. It tastes as good or better than any we have ever tasted. The kit comes with cure, spices and casings. All you do is stuff the casing and put them on a smoker or you can use the oven. The entire kit was about 16.00. The kit can also be ordered direct. www.himtnjerky.com is the website. Be careful who you let taste it, as they will be trying to take some home with them!

Comment

If anyone is looking for a good recipe email me at mesquitecountryoutdoors@yahoo.com or pm me and i'll give you a recipe for everything you need. Dont buy the prebought spice packs make your own. you'll like it and appreciate it much better

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
          If anyone is looking for a good recipe email me at mesquitecountryoutdoors@yahoo.com or pm me and i'll give you a recipe for everything you need. Dont buy the prebought spice packs make your own. you'll like it and appreciate it much better
          Email sent - THANKS!

Comment

Email sent

Comment

emails replied guys. If yall hav any problems let me know. I have it all in excel format. it's the easiest to modify.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe - we made a 15 lb batch today. Pretty darn good stuff! We are now in the process of grinding up the remaining 40 lbs of deer scraps to make into this recipe!

Comment

I know when I worked at a wild game processor we used pickled Jalapenos and the cubed cheese to make ours. just grounded up the meat with the spices then mixed in the cheese and Jalapenos and stuffed.

Comment

javruss did you ever use fresh. you dont get any of the off flavor from the pickled jalapenos if you use fresh or dry

Comment

Thanks again for the recipes. The summer sausage is great and we're going to try some of the other ones too!

Comment

e-mail sent!!

Comment

E-Mail Sent !!

Thx,
                          SS

Comment

No mesquite that's what we used but to tell the truth with burnt taste buds like mine you don't taste much difference!! Fresh would probaly be better but I like the pickeled just fine too, I ain't picky

Comment

email sent...

Comment

Working...
                              X